Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Those Who Wish Me Dead

finished this up. There was no way they could capture the intensity of the book, but not a bad adaptation. 

The one to watch in this was the kid.  He did an outstanding job. 
    NotarocatGNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • cat said:
    We watched Conjuring 3 The Devil Made Me Do It. Not very scary at all. Nothing compared to the first 2, I was a little disappointed because the first 2 had me seriously freaked out. As a good horror movie should. Probably time to shutter the franchise. 
    Agreed Cat, I found it to be very slow, Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson were still good as Ed and Lorraine Warren but as you said it just wasn't scary. 
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • ....watched Bright, with Will Smith & Joel Edgerton....sort of a LOTR meets Bad Boys effort...nothing extraordinary about it, but was a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours, if you like bullets, blood and things going "boom"....both lead characters had some great throwaway quips, but overall-nothing to distinguish it, not even a well drawn reason why humans, orcs and elves etc were living cheek to tusk....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • We enjoyed IN THE HEIGHTS on HBO Max. Lots of energy, enthusiasm, joy and truth.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Rewatched the first three Mummy movies,

The Mummy

The Mummy's Hand

The Mummy's Tomb

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Spectral 2016 - IMDb....interesting concept, lots of action, unremarkable cast.....
    NotaroHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • I watched one called "My Beautiful Laundrette" with Daniel Day Lewis - I'm guessing this was one of his first films

- different, but as usual he put on a good performance

Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Neesy said:
    I watched one called "My Beautiful Laundrette" with Daniel Day Lewis - I'm guessing this was one of his first films

Yep, a very early one by him, never saw it all, only bits and pieces over the years but it looked pretty good. 
    Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Neesy said:
    I watched one called "My Beautiful Laundrette" with Daniel Day Lewis - I'm guessing this was one of his first films

Yep, a very early one by him, never saw it all, only bits and pieces over the years but it looked pretty good. 

Hey there - master of picture posting - I wish I knew how to take photos with my phone then post them directly here - hope your garden is doing well!

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • No Sudden Move on HBOMax, the latest caper from Steven Soderbergh -- fantastic cast, twisty plot. I liked this one a lot.
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Watched Werewolves Within, based on a video game (I didn't know that) is a horror comedy about a group of townsfolk snowed in and cut off by a storm trying to survive as people in the village are killed by someone or something. This was an  enjoyable whodunit, it moves along at a nice pace and has good performances from all the cast. 

FlakeNoirNeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • No Sudden Move on HBOMax, the latest caper from Steven Soderbergh -- fantastic cast, twisty plot. I liked this one a lot.
    Gave me a very The Sting vibe. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroKurbenNeesy
  • The Hunt dropped on Hulu. Anyone seen this and your thoughts?
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • The Hunt dropped on Hulu. Anyone seen this and your thoughts?
    Yeah it's not bad, a black comedy, good cast, good performances. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ...Gonna have to look that one up....I like the premise....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Watched The Tomorrow War, people arrive from the future to tell of a war which will wipe out humanity, they conscript people to travel to the future to fight against the invading alien horde. This was ok, it's a bit generic but still fun, performances are fine, good creature design, overall it's reminiscent of Edge Of Tomorrow from a few years ago, Chris Pratt is the main character who meets his daughter in the future to try and devise a way to defeat the aliens... 

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I watched Sound of Music Live. From 2015. This is a british studioversion based on the musical, not the movie, which can be seen in the order the songs appear and also in the inclusion of two duets between Max and the Countess which in the Hollywood version were strictly speaking parts. A pity since they are good songs. Admittedly it is very hard to top Julie Andrews but Kara Tointon does a very good job as Maria. I watched a similar american adaption with Carrie Underwood as Maria and this is much better. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    I watched Sound of Music Live. From 2015. This is a british studioversion based on the musical, not the movie, which can be seen in the order the songs appear and also in the inclusion of two duets between Max and the Countess which in the Hollywood version were strictly speaking parts. A pity since they are good songs. Admittedly it is very hard to top Julie Andrews but Kara Tointon does a very good job as Maria. I watched a similar american adaption with Carrie Underwood as Maria and this is much better. 
    I love Sound of Music but have never watched any of the remakes.  I just can't do it to Julie.

I'm one of the weirdos who has a Sirius channel set to "Broadway."  bwhaohaoha!  I just heard The Hills Are Alive.... today.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I am so thrilled.  HBOMax has all the old Planet of the Ape movies.  I'm pretty sure I mised one or two back then.  I adore Roddy McDowell.   I just think he was a brilliant actor.  I wish I could find a biography on his life, but he was absolutely the most private man.  I just don't think one exists.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • No biographies, but he published five books of celebrity photos. 

He wasn't available for Beneath the Planet of the Apes, so someone else plays Cornelius in that one. He's in the other four, along with the TV series, which was my introduction to PotA.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT

He wasn't available for Beneath the Planet of the Apes, so someone else plays Cornelius in that one. He's in the other four, along with the TV series, which was my introduction to PotA.
    I think he picked his friends wisely.  They just don't talk. Even after all these years and he long gone, you would think stories would come out but you hear nothing.  And not that I want to hear scandalous things, I just want to hear about those old Hollywood/studio days.  

He was so chilling in Cleopatra.  I loved that performance.
    FlakeNoirNotaroBevVincentGNTLGNT
  • Started the first old Planet of the Apes — i completely forgot the first 30 minutes!   
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT

I think he picked his friends wisely.  They just don't talk. Even after all these years and he long gone, you would think stories would come out but you hear nothing.  And not that I want to hear scandalous things, I just want to hear about those old Hollywood/studio days.  

Did you ever see his episode of Columbo?
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT

I’m queen of Columbo — of course i have. 😜
    KurbenBevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNT

I’m queen of Columbo — of course i have. 😜
    That was the one with the exploding cigar box? 🤔
    KurbenBevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNT