Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    James Mason Interviews

...his speech pattern always interested me.....
    His voice is equal to Burton and Welles in my book. I could listen to him speak all day. 
    ....exactly right!.....there is "presence" in their voices.....they command a listening ear....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • That's it, "presence" that's the word I was looking for!! They draw you in every time they speak. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    That's it, "presence" that's the word I was looking for!! They draw you in every time they speak. 
    .....couple of others right off the top of my dome....Morgan Freeman and James Earl Jones...hell, I'll toss Clint Eastwood and Sam Elliot in there as well....
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited May 2021
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    James Mason Interviews

His voice is equal to Burton and Welles in my book. I could listen to him speak all day. 
    I’ve been spending the last few days with Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf on a loop.  Burton was up for the academy award but lost. The guy who won must have put in a helluva performance.  Watch these performances closely. Beyond brilliant. And george segal — so young. Sigh. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    James Mason Interviews

I’ve been spending the last few days with Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf on a loop.  Burton was up for the academy award but lost. The guy who won must have put in a helluva performance.  Watch these performances closely. Beyond brilliant. And george segal — so young. Sigh. 
    It was Paul Scofield who won for A Man For All Seasons Hedda and it certainly was a helluva performance. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    James Mason Interviews

It was Paul Scofield who won for A Man For All Seasons Hedda and it certainly was a helluva performance. 
    I’ve not seen that. I need to watch it. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    James Mason Interviews

I’ve not seen that. I need to watch it. 
    It's an amazing film, excellent cast. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched, Army Of The Dead, Zack Snyder returns to the zombie genre after his 2004 movie debut the remake of Dawn Of The Dead. This time around a bunch of mercenaries are recruited to go into the walled off zombie filled Las Vegas and retrieve $200 million before a nuke is dropped to destroy the whole city. The trouble is there's a new type of zombie in there, fast, intelligent and not about to let a bunch of outsiders mess around in his kingdom. This was ok, I'm still not sure about the whole fast moving zombie thing, it plays like Escape From New York meets Ocean's 11.....with zombies, lots of zombies. It's also very long,, they could easily have chopped a half hour off and it would feel less dragged out. So saying it is enjoyable, the performances are decent and you'll be cheering for the zombies just as much as the humans. 

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:
    Watched, Army Of The Dead, Zack Snyder returns to the zombie genre after his 2004 movie debut the remake of Dawn Of The Dead. This time around a bunch of mercenaries are recruited to go into the walled off zombie filled Las Vegas and retrieve $200 million before a nuke is dropped to destroy the whole city. The trouble is there's a new type of zombie in there, fast, intelligent and not about to let a bunch of outsiders mess around in his kingdom. This was ok, I'm still not sure about the whole fast moving zombie thing, it plays like Escape From New York meets Ocean's 11.....with zombies, lots of zombies. It's also very long,, they could easily have chopped a half hour off and it would feel less dragged out. So saying it is enjoyable, the performances are decent and you'll be cheering for the zombies just as much as the humans. 

WTF is that zombie animal?
     I am not pressing play on this.😳
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • That Flakes is a zombie tiger🐯, there's also a zombie horse in the movie too🐴. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:
    That Flakes is a zombie tiger🐯, there's also a zombie horse in the movie too🐴. 
    I'm taking their side. I don't care how many people they eat. I'm always backing the animals. 
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    Caught a really good Kevin Costner movie on Amazon Prime the other night. "The New Daughter". It's not what I expected. I was constantly reminded of something Stephen King would write all thru the movie. It's a great movie from start to finish, best movie I've seen in a while. Kind of had a Dark Skies meets Pet Sematary feel to it, but very good imho. Not sure how I missed this one, it was made in 2009 but I'd never heard of it.
    ....Hey!....Dhead!....how the hell are ya???.....

If I could only explain how hard that made me laugh, Scott....lol. I do fine, thank ya very much. All vaccinated now after my 2nd shot of Moderna Zombie Mix #4...lol. Told my wife if I turned into zombie this last weekend after my 2nd shot, just double tap me in the head and collect the insurance...lol.
    How are you and your family doing sir? I hope everyone is healthy and doing ok.
    ....the usual aches and pains and chaos old buddy, but we are hanging in as I hope you guys are...I felt the zombie spirit blanket me after my second shot and the oldest son son was more than eager to volunteer to take me out....some pistol expert HE is....damn kids....

Well, glad you made it thru the vaccinations amigo. Things are loosening up here in the land of diamond mines and razorbacks. Went out to eat at our favorite Mexican food place this weekend and only saw couple of people wearing masks, same at our local Wally World shopping center.....apparently we've avoided the zombie apocalypse.....dammit.....all this ammo and no zombies to tap...lol

KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • edited May 2021
    Notaro said:
    Watched, Army Of The Dead, Zack Snyder returns to the zombie genre after his 2004 movie debut the remake of Dawn Of The Dead. This time around a bunch of mercenaries are recruited to go into the walled off zombie filled Las Vegas and retrieve $200 million before a nuke is dropped to destroy the whole city. The trouble is there's a new type of zombie in there, fast, intelligent and not about to let a bunch of outsiders mess around in his kingdom. This was ok, I'm still not sure about the whole fast moving zombie thing, it plays like Escape From New York meets Ocean's 11.....with zombies, lots of zombies. It's also very long,, they could easily have chopped a half hour off and it would feel less dragged out. So saying it is enjoyable, the performances are decent and you'll be cheering for the zombies just as much as the humans. 

My question, what do they need 200 mil for? I’ll give you 50 bucks Zombie Biff not to eat my face? In a world of zombies, why would currency matter? If i want your can of corn, bitch, i’m taking your can of corn.
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbencatFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:

My question, what do they need 200 mil for? I’ll give you 50 bucks Zombie Biff not to eat my face? In a world of zombies, why would currency matter? If i want your can of corn, bitch, i’m taking your can of corn.
    The zombies are confined to Las Vegas, the rest of the country is unaffected. 
    GNTLGNTKurbencatFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

Okay, that makes sense. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

Okay, that makes sense. 
    And you said in Your synopsis that it was a walled off zombie city.  Duh dana. 
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:

....World War Z was my first look at track star 'bies, and I kinda like them as a, if you'll excuse the expression, change of pace....flesh munchers should have several sub-types to the "normal" shambling flesh sacks.....
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    Caught a really good Kevin Costner movie on Amazon Prime the other night. "The New Daughter". It's not what I expected. I was constantly reminded of something Stephen King would write all thru the movie. It's a great movie from start to finish, best movie I've seen in a while. Kind of had a Dark Skies meets Pet Sematary feel to it, but very good imho. Not sure how I missed this one, it was made in 2009 but I'd never heard of it.
    ....Hey!....Dhead!....how the hell are ya???.....

If I could only explain how hard that made me laugh, Scott....lol. I do fine, thank ya very much. All vaccinated now after my 2nd shot of Moderna Zombie Mix #4...lol. Told my wife if I turned into zombie this last weekend after my 2nd shot, just double tap me in the head and collect the insurance...lol.
    How are you and your family doing sir? I hope everyone is healthy and doing ok.
    ....the usual aches and pains and chaos old buddy, but we are hanging in as I hope you guys are...I felt the zombie spirit blanket me after my second shot and the oldest son son was more than eager to volunteer to take me out....some pistol expert HE is....damn kids....

Well, glad you made it thru the vaccinations amigo. Things are loosening up here in the land of diamond mines and razorbacks. Went out to eat at our favorite Mexican food place this weekend and only saw couple of people wearing masks, same at our local Wally World shopping center.....apparently we've avoided the zombie apocalypse.....dammit.....all this ammo and no zombies to tap...lol

The WALKMAN DEAD Funny Zombie Memes  Funny Meme on SIZZLE
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbencatNeesyFlakeNoir
  • ...todays phrase to live by.....

If i want your can of corn, bitch, i’m taking your can of corn. :D 
    NotaroHedda GablerKurbencatFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...todays phrase to live by.....

If i want your can of corn, bitch, i’m taking your can of corn. :D 
    What’s interesting about your response — you did not even question my ability to take said can of corn. You accepted my badassery without question. Now THAT’S a friend. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroKurbencatFlakeNoir
  • ...hell nah!....the bitch in this one is strong Luke!......
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbencatFlakeNoir
  • We watched Army of the Dead as well. I enjoyed it. 😀 I thought the intelligent zombies were a nod to The Passage and there was also a scene where the zombies were "sleeping" in a kind of hive, and that made me think of Cell. I thought it was an enjoyable movie...I also wondered what the need for $ was, but enjoyed it anyway. I really loved the German safecracker...he was clearly comedic relief but I thought he was awesome. 
    Hedda GablerNeesyNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited May 2021
    cat said:
    We watched Army of the Dead as well. I enjoyed it. 😀 I thought the intelligent zombies were a nod to The Passage and there was also a scene where the zombies were "sleeping" in a kind of hive, and that made me think of Cell. I thought it was an enjoyable movie...I also wondered what the need for $ was, but enjoyed it anyway. I really loved the German safecracker...he was clearly comedic relief but I thought he was awesome. 
    Well Cat if you liked Dieter then you'll be happy to hear a prequel has been completed focusing on his character...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_Thieves

Also there's an animated spin off...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_the_Dead:_Lost_Vegas

Both the movie and the show will be on Netflix. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbencatGNTLGNT
  • Just saw Army of The Dead. Mainly its too long. A common sickness with Snyders movies. Entertaining enough though but not really a good movie. Acting decent but not great. I've seen many better zombiemovies.
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT