Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• We watched Sound of Metal last night, about a heavy metal drummer who suddenly loses his hearing. Very effective use of silence and noise, and a great performance by the actor who was the star of "The Night of."
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • We watched Sound of Metal last night, about a heavy metal drummer who suddenly loses his hearing. Very effective use of silence and noise, and a great performance by the actor who was the star of "The Night of."
    ....parallels, at least in affliction, with Brian Johnson of AC/DC......
    FlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited April 2021
    Cute. Until it isn’t . Great jazz music!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • The last rung on the ladder
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Old school.  Definitely the wayback machine. Nice job
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Old school.  Definitely the wayback machine. Nice job
    Are you meaning to be in the movie thread for these posts Deejers? 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroKurben
  • Yeah, I messed up. Oh well.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroKurben
    It doesn't fecking matter... see other post. :)
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
    ....motto of my life.... <3
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroKurben
  • Watched Everest about an unlucky expedition climbing everest in the late 90,s. Some made it, some stayed in the evergrowing cemetary that is also called Mount Everest. Good performances though but i will never understand the lure of climbing so high you cant breath, knowing you risk your life while you have a family at home. I understand a good long trek in the wild but this... No.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Watched Everest about an unlucky expedition climbing everest in the late 90,s. Some made it, some stayed in the evergrowing cemetary that is also called Mount Everest. Good performances though but i will never understand the lure of climbing so high you cant breath, knowing you risk your life while you have a family at home. I understand a good long trek in the wild but this... No.
    ....I'm with you man.....the thirst for adventure and pushing beyond your limits-I get that-but teetering on the threshold of death?.....no thanks.....just call that place Mt. Doom....

Lord of the Rings Mount Doom Worries Scientists Over Increasing Activity
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenNotaro
  • Also watched an old Stallone action movie, Daylight. The Jersey tunnel collapses after an explosion and the hudson start to fill it with the survivors trapped in there. Its up to our hero to save the day. Pretty basic but OK. Stallone never gonna be an a-class actor but in movies like this it does not matter so much.
  • Watched Hacksaw Ridge. With Andrew Garfield, Sam Worthington and Vince Vaughn. Directed ny Mel Gibson. Brutal warmovie about one conscious objector that serves as a nurse and shows more courage then all the others combined. Good but not great. It does not try to tone down what happened and how brutal war can be. Based on a true story.
  • The Avengers: Infinity Wars
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • The Avengers: Infinity Wars
    Infinity Wars is gonna be a hoot  Marvel memes Avengers funny Avengers  memes
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Watched Double Jeopardy with Tommy Lee Jones and Ashley Judd from 1999. Never heard of it before but found it on Netflix and it was good. Judd plays the wife that is framed for her husbands murder. Jones her parole officer. Bruce Greenwood the bad guy. Has vibes of the fugitive in it but more thriller than action.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Recently saw From Hell with Johnny Depp about the Jack the Ripper murders. Very bad. And then i'm not counting in that judgment that the theory its based on cant really with justice be called a theory. Any theory, even a bad one, must at least have a foundation in some facts. This is pure fiction from beginning to end. No, the movie in itself is bad. It jumps from point to point, scene to scene, without building any bridges between them and everything is a shambles. Bleh.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited April 2021
    I enjoyed From Hell, it's based on a comic so facts are mostly out the window, the comic is loosely based on Stephen Knight's The Final Solution which has been widely debunked. Taken as just a work of fiction I thought the movie was well made and well acted, dodgy accents aside. I thought Ian Holm was excellent as William Gull/ The Ripper.  He was a last minute replacement for Nigel Hawthorn who had become too ill to take part. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Okay, i chuckled and loved that we can all see something differently. I’m smack in the middle of you guys. I didn’t love From Hell, but i didn’t hate it. I totally looked at this as fiction and to learn  it was based on a comic, which i didn’t know, makes me feel a little kinder towards it.

where my issues lie (lay?laid?) was his opium addiction.  Didn’t he have visions? Opium induced?  I didn’t like that quirky little character flaw. 😄

NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Saw The Lodger (1927), one of Alfred Hitchcocks first movies with Ivar Novello in the lead. A silent movie and hitchcock had a long way to go before he reached his greatness but there are glimpses. Based on a novel that in turn loaned its basic idea from the ripper murders although its not have anything to do with real victims or suspects. Its dead women discovered on the streets of whitechapel. This killer is called the Avenger by the press and kills only blondes and has when the movie begins killed 7 women. Its interesting to see early Hitchcock, his near obsession with blonde women, of course the female lead is blond as in practically all of his movies, was in full bloom so early. Some of the shots are very hichcock-esque but i think he needed dialogue to really mature as a filmmaker.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Okay, i chuckled and loved that we can all see something differently. I’m smack in the middle of you guys. I didn’t love From Hell, but i didn’t hate it. I totally looked at this as fiction and to learn  it was based on a comic, which i didn’t know, makes me feel a little kinder towards it.

where my issues lie (lay?laid?) was his opium addiction.  Didn’t he have visions? Opium induced?  I didn’t like that quirky little character flaw. 😄

Yeah, i saw it as fiction too and i think the actors did good enough but it was how the scenes were tied together (or not) that made the movie fall apart for me. Also it irritated me that the prostitutes there in the beginning looked so pretty as if they came from some gala or something. Not very reasonable i know but it detached me from the story even more since i not for a moment could believe they were 1880,s prostitutes.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp
    FlakeNoirKurbenNotaroGNTLGNT