Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Rewatched The Fog remake from 2005. A strange fog engulfs a small island and some the islands inhabitants are viciously killed, it seems the islands founding fathers hid a dark secret which has resurfaced.  I didn't really like it when I saw it first so I thought I'd give it another go after 15 years. It does have some good moments but overall it's just a flash looking film with no real bite. Carpenter admits his original movie wasn't scary when they saw it first so they went back and filmed different scenes to add to the movie and the results speak for themselves. This version could have learned from that but instead it's mostly just predictable jump scares. Not really worth watching if the truth be told, watch the original instead.

...the novel of the same name-by James Herbert is not related to the movie, but is a good read....
    Agree 100% Scott, I love Herbert's stuff, I think Shrine is probably my favourite novel of his. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesyspideyman
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Rewatched The Fog remake from 2005. A strange fog engulfs a small island and some the islands inhabitants are viciously killed, it seems the islands founding fathers hid a dark secret which has resurfaced.  I didn't really like it when I saw it first so I thought I'd give it another go after 15 years. It does have some good moments but overall it's just a flash looking film with no real bite. Carpenter admits his original movie wasn't scary when they saw it first so they went back and filmed different scenes to add to the movie and the results speak for themselves. This version could have learned from that but instead it's mostly just predictable jump scares. Not really worth watching if the truth be told, watch the original instead.

...the novel of the same name-by James Herbert is not related to the movie, but is a good read....
    Agree 100% Scott, I love Herbert's stuff, I think Shrine is probably my favourite novel of his. 
    ...I will have to read this one bro!....allegedly there has been a movie adaptation released very recently called The Unholy.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirNeesyspideyman
  • The Unholy.... that's ringing bells with me, I think there's a new one with Jeffrey Dean Morgan that has a similar name? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesyspideyman
  • Notaro said:
    The Unholy.... that's ringing bells with me, I think there's a new one with Jeffrey Dean Morgan that has a similar name? 
    ...that's the one.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirNeesyspideyman
  • edited April 2021
    I've read Moon and The Rats, wasn't there a movie about The Rats? Pretty sure it scared the shit out of me. (Oooohh, big surprise)
    GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenNeesyspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I've read The Moon and The Rats, wasn't there a movie about The Rats? Pretty sure it scared the shit out of me. (Oooohh, big surprise)
    ...you remember keerectly....

FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenNeesyspideyman
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    I've read The Moon and The Rats, wasn't there a movie about The Rats? Pretty sure it scared the shit out of me. (Oooohh, big surprise)

Oh thanks Scott, just the perfect bed time video to watch right before sleep! 😳😁
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenNeesyspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Oh thanks Scott, just the perfect bed time video to watch right before sleep! 😳😁
    De Nada La Oficina Copas GIF - YouAreWelcome TheOffice Cups - Discover   Share GIFs
    KurbenNeesyFlakeNoir
  • We watched THE JOURNEY last night. A fictional account of how the two sides in the Irish "Troubles" made peace. 
    NeesyNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideyman
  • We watched THE JOURNEY last night. A fictional account of how the two sides in the Irish "Troubles" made peace. 
    After Brexit that peace looks, sadly, very fragile. But hey, if they could make peace once why not twice.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablerspideyman

I'd love to hear Notaro's impression of that - did you like it?

Andy did quite a few tours of Northern Ireland in the 70s when he was in the British Army

NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablerspideyman
  • I just saw the trailer for Thunder Force on Netflix, it's got Melissa McCarthy, Octavia Spencer and Jason Bateman. It looks like a hoot! 😄
    GNTLGNTHedda Gablerspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I just saw the trailer for Thunder Force on Netflix, it's got Melissa McCarthy, Octavia Spencer and Jason Bateman. It looks like a hoot! 😄
    Thunder Force  Netflix Official Site
    FlakeNoirHedda Gablerspideyman
    We had a friend at skmb, cola, who was so open to answering  questions about the troubles. She explained things.  
    NeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideyman
  • I'm still friends with Cola on Facebook
    NeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablerspideyman
  • edited April 2021
    Neesy said:
    We watched THE JOURNEY last night. A fictional account of how the two sides in the Irish "Troubles" made peace. 

I'd love to hear Notaro's impression of that - did you like it?

Andy did quite a few tours of Northern Ireland in the 70s when he was in the British Army

I haven't seen that movie, I must keep an eye open for it.

We didn't really have issues down in the Republic of Ireland, there was a couple of bombs set off in Dublin and Monaghan in 1974 which killed over 30 people, but I was 8 years old at the time so I don't have any recollection of it. For the most part the troubles remained something that we saw on the news on TV most evenings. 
    NeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablerspideyman
  • Watched,  Amulet, an ex-soldier, now a homeless refugee in London struggles with nightmares from his past, when a nun takes him to a dilapidated house and suggests he move in with the mother and daughter who occupy the place things take a decidedly creepy turn. I liked this, it is very slow moving, but it has this very unsettling vibe throughout, it does get a bit weird at the end but overall it does make sense. If you want something different in the horror genre and a snails pace doesn't put you off then this is worth a look.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman
  • Notaro said:
    Watched,  Amulet, an ex-soldier, now a homeless refugee in London struggles with nightmares from his past, when a nun takes him to a dilapidated house and suggests he move in with the mother and daughter who occupy the place things take a decidedly creepy turn. I liked this, it is very slow moving, but it has this very unsettling vibe throughout, it does get a bit weird at the end but overall it does make sense. If you want something different in the horror genre and a snails pace doesn't put you off then this is worth a look.

Can i ask you to add where you see these movies? This one sounds particularly interesting— netflix? Hulu? 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman
  • watched Bullet To The Head. Stallone and Jason Momoa in the leads as two hitmen on opposing teams. Directed by Walter Hill. When i think of the excellent action movies he has made, The Warriors, The Long Riders, 48 Hours, Southern Comfort, Streets Of Fire this effort is a big step down. Not that its rotten or anything but it is one in a vast crowd, nothing whatever that separates it from many others. I think i've seen The Warriors at least 5 times and i'm always hooked. IMO the best Street action movie ever made.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTNeesyFlakeNoirspideyman
  • Kurben said:
    watched Bullet To The Head. Stallone and Jason Momoa in the leads as two hitmen on opposing teams. Directed by Walter Hill. When i think of the excellent action movies he has made, The Warriors, The Long Riders, 48 Hours, Southern Comfort, Streets Of Fire this effort is a big step down. Not that its rotten or anything but it is one in a vast crowd, nothing whatever that separates it from many others. I think i've seen The Warriors at least 5 times and i'm always hooked. IMO the best Street action movie ever made.
    ....agreed!......

I WANT YOU FOR THE the Warriors Movie  Meme on MEME
    Hedda GablerNeesyNotaroKurbenFlakeNoirspideyman
  • I just saw a trailer for Those Who Wish Me Dead. It looks good. 

The book was fantastic, one of my year of cemetery dance reads at skmb.  I hope they do the story justice. 
    GNTLGNTNeesyNotaroFlakeNoir
  • In the last few days i have watched some movies with my son.  I don’t care what i have going, if he wants to spend time with me, i drop everything.  It’s how i stay connected to him. My way to check in on how he’s doing.  We watch, we chat, we laugh.   

And i watch stuff i don’t necessarily watch.  All of these  were fun, but not movies i would normally choose. 

Ironman
    Ironman 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    The Avengers

what sparked this marathon was i made the comment i was going to watch wandavision. He had a cow because i didn’t know what i should know to be watching that.  

He is taking me to Marvel school. 
    NeesyKurbenGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirspideyman
  • In the last few days i have watched some movies with my son.  I don’t care what i have going, if he wants to spend time with me, i drop everything.  It’s how i stay connected to him. My way to check in on how he’s doing.  We watch, we chat, we laugh.   

And i watch stuff i don’t necessarily watch.  All of these  were fun, but not movies i would normally choose. 

Ironman
    Ironman 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    The Avengers

what sparked this marathon was i made the comment i was going to watch wandavision. He had a cow because i didn’t know what i should know to be watching that.  

Marvel Beauty School?

We have one of these in Winnipeg ☺

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirspideyman

Ironman
    Ironman 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    The Avengers

....that's the way to Mom!.....
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroNeesyFlakeNoirspideyman