Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Bait, a tsunami floods an underground supermarket and the trapped surviving customers realise that a large shark is cruising the flooded aisles. Absolutely daft but still enjoyable, a pure pizza and beer movie, performances are mostly ok and the shark effects alternate between cgi and mechanical but it looks ok for the most part.  Leave your brain outside and enjoy the carnage.....

So... compared with the (oh God I can't remember its name) alligator one, is this 'Flakes friendly'? (for reference, that one scared the sh*t out of me at several points)
    Alligator one was Crawl, nope this one will probably make you jump Flakes, and it's quite gory. 
    Basically exactly the same?! 😄 That one had plenty of ewwwwww gross(!) moments and I was jumping every 10 minutes or less.
    You're just trying to kill me, aren't you? Admit it... 
    KurbenGNTLGNTcatHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Bait, a tsunami floods an underground supermarket and the trapped surviving customers realise that a large shark is cruising the flooded aisles. Absolutely daft but still enjoyable, a pure pizza and beer movie, performances are mostly ok and the shark effects alternate between cgi and mechanical but it looks ok for the most part.  Leave your brain outside and enjoy the carnage.....

So... compared with the (oh God I can't remember its name) alligator one, is this 'Flakes friendly'? (for reference, that one scared the sh*t out of me at several points)
    Alligator one was Crawl, nope this one will probably make you jump Flakes, and it's quite gory. 
    Basically exactly the same?! 😄 That one had plenty of ewwwwww gross(!) moments and I was jumping every 10 minutes or less.
    You're just trying to kill me, aren't you? Admit it... 
    They all pretty much follow the same formula Flakes, it just varies in the amount of people alive at the end🤔

Me...... trying to kill you...... perish the thought😁
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

Seriously, Flakes, what kind of monster or Horror movie is Flakes Friendly? The aim of horrormovies is to scare the sh-t out of you. So if it doesnt do that it is, by definition, bad, or have i missed something??
    NotaroFlakeNoircatHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

Seriously, Flakes, what kind of monster or Horror movie is Flakes Friendly? The aim of horrormovies is to scare the sh-t out of you. So if it doesnt do that it is, by definition, bad, or have i missed something??
    Nope you've missed nothing... I was just being silly Kurben. 😬
    NotarocatKurbenGNTLGNT
  • We watched Coming 2 America last night. The sequel on Amazon prime. 

It made us laugh several times. I think it was nostalgic for both of us, I don't know how many times I had seen the original, back in high school with the gang. All of us gathered around someone's TV having pizza and popcorn and what not, just hanging out, laughing and quoting lines all the way through it. It was worth the watch, not as great as the first but still pretty funny.  I am glad it wasn't awful. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • ...."see you next Wednesday".... :D
    NotaroHedda Gabler
  • Rewatched, Cooties, contaminated chicken nuggets turn the young kids at a school into feral cannibals and the teachers band together to try and escape. Silly but fun movie, great cast with a couple of laugh out loud moments. Another pizza and beer flick. 🍕🍻

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • A couple of years ago, a friend recommended a movie he thought I should watch. He even went so far as to send me an iTunes credit to see it! Alas, it was a Canadian friend and I couldn't use his credit. However, I never forgot his recommendation. Then I saw someone else mention the movie this week, and that it was on Hulu.

So, yesterday morning I finally watched Attack the Block, a British alien invasion movie from 2011. It stars John Boyega (from Star Wars) and Jodie Whittaker (Broadchurch, Doctor Who) early in their careers, as well as Luke Treadaway, twin brother of Harry, who was Brady in Mr. Mercedes.

I was telling my wife about the movie over dinner and she wanted to see it, too, so we watched it last night--my second viewing in the same day! It's a bit of a bonkers Doctor Who-esque romp. The aliens have the misfortune of ending up in a very rough South-side London neighborhood where a gang of teen hoodlums decide to fight back. It's funny and scary and gory and great fun. Close-captioning highly recommended, though, as the British accents are very, very thick and colloquial.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • A couple of years ago, a friend recommended a movie he thought I should watch. He even went so far as to send me an iTunes credit to see it! Alas, it was a Canadian friend and I couldn't use his credit. However, I never forgot his recommendation. Then I saw someone else mention the movie this week, and that it was on Hulu.

So, yesterday morning I finally watched Attack the Block, a British alien invasion movie from 2011. It stars John Boyega (from Star Wars) and Jodie Whittaker (Broadchurch, Doctor Who) early in their careers, as well as Luke Treadaway, twin brother of Harry, who was Brady in Mr. Mercedes.

I was telling my wife about the movie over dinner and she wanted to see it, too, so we watched it last night--my second viewing in the same day! It's a bit of a bonkers Doctor Who-esque romp. The aliens have the misfortune of ending up in a very rough South-side London neighborhood where a gang of teen hoodlums decide to fight back. It's funny and scary and gory and great fun. Close-captioning highly recommended, though, as the British accents are very, very thick and colloquial.
    I’ll watch it tonight 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat

Well, right out of the  gate —

I wanted the alien to win and the thugs dead. Not sure i’ll go any further. 

GNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Watched Trial By Fire, a man is convicted of murdering his three young children by setting fire to his home. While on death row he starts a correspondence with a divorced woman who becomes convinced of his innocence and tries to get the evidence re-examined. This was good if at times quite depressing. Great performances from all involved, worth a look.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Notaro said:
    Watched Trial By Fire, a man is convicted of murdering his three young children by setting fire to his home. While on death row he starts a correspondence with a divorced woman who becomes convinced of his innocence and tries to get the evidence re-examined. This was good if at times quite depressing. Great performances from all involved, worth a look.

....another nice review Mr. McSiskel!!!....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Watched Trial By Fire, a man is convicted of murdering his three young children by setting fire to his home. While on death row he starts a correspondence with a divorced woman who becomes convinced of his innocence and tries to get the evidence re-examined. This was good if at times quite depressing. Great performances from all involved, worth a look.

....another nice review Mr. McSiskel!!!....
    🤣😂🥰
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:

Was he innocent? Yes, you can tell me. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:

It's based on an actual case, he was executed but years later with other experts examining the evidence they concluded the fire was not arson but a tragic accident caused by a faulty heater. The state of Texas has so far refused to admit that they executed an innocent man. 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

It's based on an actual case, he was executed but years later with other experts examining the evidence they concluded the fire was not arson but a tragic accident caused by a faulty heater. The state of Texas has so far refused to admit that they executed an innocent man. 

Texas. That says everything you need to know. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • ....careful, or Bev'll be after ya with a six shooter......
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Watched, 13 Ghosts, the original. A man receives a telegram saying he has inherited a old house which turns out to be haunted. Hadn't seen this before, it's quite hammy but it is entertaining in spots, the ghost effects are fcuking awful though.

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Notaro said:
    Watched, 13 Ghosts, the original. A man receives a telegram saying he has inherited a old house which turns out to be haunted. Hadn't seen this before, it's quite hammy but it is entertaining in spots, the ghost effects are fcuking awful though.

Funny Pictures Of The Day - 55 Pics  Ghost caught on tape Halloween  funny Funny ghost
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNeesycat
  • I've just seen Zack Snyders Justice League. the so called Snyder Cut. The awful justice League movie from 2017 was originally planned to be made by Snyder but his daughter died and he skipped the project so the studio continued anyway and it is actually very different the way he planned it. The basic story is the same with Batman and Wonder Woman trying to find members to work together against an invasion of Earth. But the rest.....  Snyders version is serious while the first awful movie is full of irony, quips but Snyders heroes are well aware that their fight is about life and death and there is not much time for joking. It is also a darker version. It is also careful to give the new members well thought out backstories to explain their characters. This goes for both Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman. This makes this a better movie. In the earlier version they just kinda appeared. But it is 4 hours long and that is way to long. Snyder is extremely fond of Slow motion filming and it slows everything up. Sometimes it is a good choice but it is too frequent. This movie could have been much better had it been cut to 3 hours. But in the end it is way better than the bomb of a movie the earlier version was. And it is mainly because it takes it self and its universe seriously.
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Rewatched, Invaders From Mars, the Tobe Hooper remake from '86. Martians land during a storm and try to take over a small town. A young boy tries to warn everyone but nobody believes him. Haven't seen this since I saw it in the cinema when it was released, I liked the original but this one kinda falls flat, it tries to recapture the feel of the original but it just doesn't quite grasp it. There's some ok creature effects by Stan Winston but overall its a bit of a dud, poor performances don't help matters, the actors are either wooden or hamming it up wildly.

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • ....very good reviews fellas......
    KurbenHedda Gablercat
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Invaders From Mars, the Tobe Hooper remake from '86. Martians land during a storm and try to take over a small town. A young boy tries to warn everyone but nobody believes him. Haven't seen this since I saw it in the cinema when it was released, I liked the original but this one kinda falls flat, it tries to recapture the feel of the original but it just doesn't quite grasp it. There's some ok creature effects by Stan Winston but overall its a bit of a dud, poor performances don't help matters, the actors are either wooden or hamming it up wildly.

Invaders from Mars Reviews - Metacritic...."Garsh!, this movie sucks!!".....
    Hedda Gablercat
  • Kurben said:
    I've just seen Zack Snyders Justice League. the so called Snyder Cut. The awful justice League movie from 2017 was originally planned to be made by Snyder but his daughter died and he skipped the project so the studio continued anyway and it is actually very different the way he planned it. The basic story is the same with Batman and Wonder Woman trying to find members to work together against an invasion of Earth. But the rest.....  Snyders version is serious while the first awful movie is full of irony, quips but Snyders heroes are well aware that their fight is about life and death and there is not much time for joking. It is also a darker version. It is also careful to give the new members well thought out backstories to explain their characters. This goes for both Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman. This makes this a better movie. In the earlier version they just kinda appeared. But it is 4 hours long and that is way to long. Snyder is extremely fond of Slow motion filming and it slows everything up. Sometimes it is a good choice but it is too frequent. This movie could have been much better had it been cut to 3 hours. But in the end it is way better than the bomb of a movie the earlier version was. And it is mainly because it takes it self and its universe seriously.
    I’ve not seen these movies but i like your review of them. 
    GNTLGNTcat