Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Had a look at this today, the performances are a bit stiff but it's not bad at all...One For The Road.. a dollar baby film

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited February 2021
    Notaro said:
    Had a look at this today, the performances are a bit stiff but it's not bad at all...One For The Road.. a dollar baby film

Says it's disabled.  Oh doh'!  It's on youtube, headed there.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Had a look at this today, the performances are a bit stiff but it's not bad at all...One For The Road.. a dollar baby film

That was a nice little tribute.  THe pacing suffered at the end, and the choice of when to use soundtrack drove me nuts, but well done by all involved.  
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • ....this was a claustrophobic feeling story to me.....socked in by snow and surrounded by the damned....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Rewatched, Lights Out, a woman and her family are terrorized by a malevolent force, plenty of jump scares in this one, it's pure popcorn but quite enjoyable.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • edited February 2021
    Watched Capone,  set in the last year of his life Capone battles dementia brought on by syphilis. A strange plodding movie which doesn't seem to go anywhere, made watchable by Tom Hardy's performance in the title role. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Watched The Returned. After a zombie epidemic a serum is used which reverses the effects of the infection, but the afflicted must inject themselves everyday or they will revert back to their violent zombie state. I enjoyed this, it was a different take on the zombie genre. Definitely worth a look.

not_nadineFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Anyone seen The Father with Anthony Hopkins?
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Anyone seen News of the World with Tom Hanks?
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Anyone seen News of the World with Tom Hanks?
    I nearly watched this one yesterday but didn't think I'd have time for it in one sitting, I'll wait until I can.
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Both are on my list, along with Minari.
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Rewatched, Halloween, ignoring all the sequels this serves as a direct sequel to the first film, Laurie Strode has spent her life preparing for the escape of Michael Myers and after 40 years of incarceration he makes his escape....I can't warm to this one at all, it's basically a rehash of elements from all the other movies, nothing original on offer... 

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:

I thought for just a sec that was Nathan Fillion in the picture but I see it's just an actor who resembles him.

How are you on March the 1st @Notaro ; ? B)

NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:
    Notaro said:

I thought for just a sec that was Nathan Fillion in the picture but I see it's just an actor who resembles him.

I'm ok neesy thanks, I've been better but I've been worse too, just taking things one day at a time. All good with you? 
    NeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Neesy said:
    Notaro said:

I'm ok neesy thanks, I've been better but I've been worse too, just taking things one day at a time. All good with you? 

Yeah - just listening to the Kingcast interview with Bev Vincent - only 20 or 21 more days until Spring!
    <3
    FlakeNoirNotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Halloween, ignoring all the sequels this serves as a direct sequel to the first film, Laurie Strode has spent her life preparing for the escape of Michael Myers and after 40 years of incarceration he makes his escape....I can't warm to this one at all, it's basically a rehash of elements from all the other movies, nothing original on offer... 

....I'm utterly sick of "re-boots"......quit trying to recreate lightning in a bottle.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotarocat
  • Watched John Wick with Keanu Reaves. Action without any brakes whatsoever. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • We watched I CARE A LOT on Netflix -- Rosamund Pike and Peter Dinklage as two not very nice people at odds with each other. Never knew who to root for, but we got a kick out of it.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Rewatched Dark Was The Night, a good little monster movie, great cast, a real slow burner, plenty of atmosphere, worth a look...

FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • Kurben said:
    Watched John Wick with Keanu Reaves. Action without any brakes whatsoever. 
    ....wore me out just watching....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gablercat
  • We watched News of the World tonight. A charming and harrowing Western. Quite enjoyable. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • We watched News of the World tonight. A charming and harrowing Western. Quite enjoyable. 
    Why is everyone wanting this particular girl?   Is she wealthy? Do they want to sell her into prostitution?  Did she see who wiped out her family and they are trying to silence her?
    NotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • No -- he just picks her up on the side of the road, abandoned, and feels obliged to do something with her. No one else will take her. This is in the aftermath of the Civil War and the northern army has no time to reunite lost children with family members.

Although there is an element of something you mentioned in your questions that comes up.
    Hedda GablerNotaroNeesyGNTLGNTcat
  • It looks good. I hope i get the chance to see it.
    NotaroGNTLGNTcat