Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Tried to watch From The Depths. Thought it was a shark movie and i am sucker for shark movies but it was about a survivor of a sharkattack and her sessions with her therapist and her bad dreams. Not convincing plus bad acting made me stop halfway. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • We watched The Invisible Man with the actress who played Offred in the Handmaid's Tale.

Really dark at first (as in I almost felt we needed night vision goggles) but it got better as it went along.

The Invisible Man 2020 film - release posterjpg

Andy did comment that he thought she was a pretty good actor
    (actually he said "actress" because he's old and from Scotland ;)

NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Neesy said:
    We watched The Invisible Man with the actress who played Offred in the Handmaid's Tale.

Really dark at first (as in I almost felt we needed night vision goggles) but it got better as it went along.

Amazoncom  3073 Invisible Man Hilarious Halloween Greeting Card with  Envelope  Greeting Cards  Office Products
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Watched The Little Things on HBO max last night. Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, Rami Malek. Slow burner with very open ended ending. Not impressed, and I was looking forward to this one. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • cat said:
    Watched The Little Things on HBO max last night. Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, Rami Malek. Slow burner with very open ended ending. Not impressed, and I was looking forward to this one. 
    I've heard from any number of people that they weren't impressed with this one. I was hopeful. Guess I'll give it a pass.
    catFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Neesy said:
    We watched The Invisible Man with the actress who played Offred in the Handmaid's Tale.

Knew her first as Peggy on Mad Men. She's done a couple of seasons of a decent crime show in Australia called Top of the Lake. Her IMDb listing shows she's been in a lot of stuff dating back 30 years, including Girl, Interrupted.
    catFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • ....speaking of Denzel, just caught him over the weekend in The second of the Equalizer flicks.....enjoyed this one more than the first and that one was damn good....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbencatNeesy
  • Watched The Little Things as well, while I was disappointed overall it did have some good moments, I thought the cast played it well, it was really the conclusion that got a WTF from me. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablercatNeesy
  • edited February 2021
    I can hear the rain hitting the window so I'll need something funny to kick start the day... 

FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    I can hear the rain hitting the window so I'll need something funny to kick start the day... 

....here ya go......

Funniest cartoons ever thread - Total Motorcycle Community Forums
    NeesyNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • Rewatched Last Action Hero, still have the same opinion of it from the first time I saw it, not great, not awful . It has some good set pieces but overall I think it was just trying to be too quirky for it's own good.

Then I watched Swamp Shark, I'll keep this short..... it's shit.

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched Last Action Hero, still have the same opinion of it from the first time I saw it, not great, not awful . It has some good set pieces but overall I think it was just trying to be too quirky for it's own good.

Then I watched Swamp Shark, I'll keep this short..... it's shit.

Image result for funny swamp shark movie meme
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • We really dug "The Dig" on Netflix. Carey Mulligan, Ralph Fiennes and Lily Adams. Based on a true story. Charming.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Bev, i see you watched that new George Clooney film — what dud you think ?  I’ve been circling it.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Bev, i see you watched that new George Clooney film — what dud you think ?  I’ve been circling it.
    .....correct....correct....correct!!!!!....... :D
    catNotaro
    It was O...K... not great, but Clooney is always fun to watch, so we didn't regret the time we spent watching it. Terrific cast in general, but the story gets away from them a bit.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Bev, i see you watched that new George Clooney film — what dud you think ?  I’ve been circling it.
    .....correct....correct....correct!!!!!....... :D
    sigh. wow.  I just do this way too much.  I need to slow down.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Another rainy day.....Stan and Ollie to the rescue.... 

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • We watched Elizabeth is Missing on PBS last night -- it stars the legendary Glenda Jackson as a woman struggling with dementia who wants to solve two disappearances, one contemporary and one from long ago. It's an excellent look inside the mind of someone struggling to hold onto her memories.
    GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Watched the Conan The Barbarian remake.... Not great, it had a couple of good moments but I preferred Arnie's version. It did look good, very stylish and some of the battle scenes were well done, Jason Momoa certainly has the physique for the part and Stephen Lang is always worth watching but I thought the storyline fell short and I got bored just past the halfway mark.

Watched Stranded, a movie that wants to be Alien, The Thing and Insemenoid all rolled into one.... it isn't... it's shit.

FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said: by
    Watched the Conan The Barbarian remake.... Not great, it had a couple of good moments but I preferred Arnie's version. It did look good, very stylish and some of the battle scenes were well done, Jason Momoa certainly has the physique for the part and Stephen Lang is always worth watching but I thought the storyline fell short and I got bored just past the halfway mark.

Watched Stranded, a movie that wants to be Alien, The Thing and Insemenoid all rolled into one.... it isn't... it's shit.

....Bro, you really need to work on bottling up your opinions...repressing your true feelings isn’t good for you.... :D
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said: by
    Watched the Conan The Barbarian remake.... Not great, it had a couple of good moments but I preferred Arnie's version. It did look good, very stylish and some of the battle scenes were well done, Jason Momoa certainly has the physique for the part and Stephen Lang is always worth watching but I thought the storyline fell short and I got bored just past the halfway mark.

....Bro, you really need to work on bottling up your opinions...repressing your true feelings isn’t good for you.... :D
    I'll try and work on that Scott😁
  • Rewatched, The Company Of Wolves, I remember going to see it in the cinema when it was released, I thought it was more or less an art house movie, the bulk of the movie is comprised of dream sequences, not scary but it does have some great imagery.

Rewatched An American Werewolf In Paris. Saw this one in the cinema too, it hasn't aged well, the cgi werewolves look terrible and the storyline is nonexistent, definitely give this one a miss...

• Rewatched Primeval Kill, loosely based on the exploits of the man eating Croc Gustave in the region of Burundi.  A documentary crew are sent to a war torn region of Africa to film and capture the legendary Nile Crocodile who it's claimed has killed over 300 people, but they also have the local murderous warlord to contend with too. This is quite an enjoyable movie, performances were good and apart from a couple of shots the cgi Croc looks decent.

Rewatched Attack Of The Werewolves, a Spanish horror comedy, a writer goes to his ancestral home in a remote village where the townspeople decide to sacrifice him to rid themselves of a curse that has been on the village for hundreds of years. Really liked this, very funny, great performances, and good werewolf effects.

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir