Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• ...quite an assortment there Irish.....makes for a satisfying binge.....gotta find me one of these action figures....

Image result for werewolf action figure
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...quite an assortment there Irish.....makes for a satisfying binge.....gotta find me one of these action figures....

That my friend is fcuking awesome 😎... I want one. 😍
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...quite an assortment there Irish.....makes for a satisfying binge.....gotta find me one of these action figures....

....we both better save our shekels, sumbitch is over 300 bucks..... :#
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:

....we both better save our shekels, sumbitch is over 300 bucks..... :#
    That's a hefty slice of moolah, maybe I'll drop hints here in the house that I know what I want for my next birthday🤔
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircatHedda Gabler
  • ....I have gone Harley Quinn crazy with my collection......can't pick a favorite, though this one is close....

Image result for harley quinn action figure
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbencat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I have gone Harley Quinn crazy with my collection......can't pick a favorite, though this one is close....

Image result for harley quinn action figure
    That looks incredible, the detail is amazing. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, The Company Of Wolves, I remember going to see it in the cinema when it was released, I thought it was more or less an art house movie, the bulk of the movie is comprised of dream sequences, not scary but it does have some great imagery.

Rewatched An American Werewolf In Paris. Saw this one in the cinema too, it hasn't aged well, the cgi werewolves look terrible and the storyline is nonexistent, definitely give this one a miss...

American Werewolf in PARIS?

Okay - this makes sense now - at first I thought you were talking about An American Werewolf in London, which is a heck of a lot better!

KurbenNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Watched Primeval. About the killer Croc in Burundi that is rumoured to have killed hippos and up to 300 humans. The movie is about the failed attempt to catch this little cutie. I just say you dont mess with a croc on its hometurf!! Nice CGI and OK movie but have seen better croc movies.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I think Notaro just watched this too. Or i’m having some deja vu acid trip minus the acid with lots of trip. 
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I think Notaro just watched this too. Or i’m having some deja vu acid trip minus the acid with lots of trip. 
    It was Notaro who inspired me. Hadn't heard of this movie before but Killer crocs draw me like a magnet. So you're completely sane, this time around at least!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I wonder where OoO and his Crocoduck have been?  @Out of Order
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    I think Notaro just watched this too. Or i’m having some deja vu acid trip minus the acid with lots of trip. 
    It was Notaro who inspired me. Hadn't heard of this movie before but Killer crocs draw me like a magnet. So you're completely sane, this time around at least!
    😂. I knew that sounded familiar!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited February 2021
    Rewatched Watchers, two genetically modified animals from a secret government base escape, one is a dog the other is a chimera which hunts the dog and kills anyone it has come in contact with. This is from 1988 and it shows, it looks dated but it is enjoyable to some degree, performances are ok, Corey Haim and Michael Ironside star. 

Rewatched The Babadook, a widowed mother is deep grieving for her husband, she and her young son are struggling to cope with everyday life and things go from bad to worse when their house is invaded by a malevolent entity the Babadook. I loved this one, a slow burner and really creepy. Excellent performance from the two leads.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched Watchers, two genetically modified animals from a secret government base escape, one is a dog the other is a chimera which hunts the dog and kills anyone it has come in contact with. This is from 1988 and it shows, it looks dated but it is enjoyable to some degree, performances are ok, Corey Haim and Michael Ironside star. 

Rewatched The Babadook, a widowed mother is deep grieving for her husband, she and her young son are struggling to cope with everyday life and things go from bad to worse when their house is invaded by a malevolent entity the Babadook. I loved this one, a slow burner and really creepy. Excellent performance from the two leads.

I loved the book, Watchers. Read it a couple times when it first came out.

My third kid made me watch The Babadook with him... fruckin' hell, Batman. 😳😳😳
    KurbenGNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerNeesy
    We were on the same trip.😄
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:

...the novel Watchers is by Dean Koontz......
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    I think Notaro just watched this too. Or i’m having some deja vu acid trip minus the acid with lots of trip. 
    😂. I knew that sounded familiar!
    Image result for funny killer croc movie meme
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:

...the novel Watchers is by Dean Koontz......
    I liked the book alot - was told never to watch the movie
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited February 2021
    Nightcrawler— it was okay but i will say, Jake Gyllenhaal was so good as this creepy character .   

I had a very icky visceral reaction every time to him.  So i give him 10 stars. The premise of the movie was good, i didn’t think they pulled it off as well, so story gets 5 stars.Bill paxton was in this one. 

Death To Me — i liked this one. Vacationers to Thailand — right there tells you things are going to go bad. It’s thailand. Absolutely loved the culture, the settings. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenNeesycat
  • Image result for nightcrawler jake gyllenhaal...looks like he just slucked up a full bag of Sour Patch Kids......
    FlakeNoirNeesycat
  • He is so icky.  Creepy beyond words.  He is so good in this. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroNeesycatGNTLGNT
  • Watched The Equalizer. Solid actionflick. Denzel washington in the lead was good.
    Hedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoircatNotaroGNTLGNT
  • After watching The Equalizer i went on a Denzel Washinton binge and watched The Equalizer 2 and Safe House too. I thought the first Equalizer was the best of them.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Rewatched Proteus, a low budget horror, based on the book Slimer by Harry Adam Knight. A group of shipwrecked drug dealers try to find rescue on a seemingly abandoned oil rig, but the oil rig isn't as deserted as it seems. I read the book when I was a kid and thought it was fun, haven't read it since. The movie is pretty bad, it desperately wants to be Aliens and The Thing but the effects are quite poor and it falls way short of the target. The
    performances are ok for this type of thing. Overall it's completely forgettable.

Rewatched Life, a sci-fi horror, another movie paying homage to Alien, a group of astronauts on a space station retrieve soil samples from Mars, they discover a dormant single celled organism and manage to revive it but things soon go horribly wrong. Really enjoyed this one, great effects,  great performances and good original creature design. Definitely worth a look.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Watched The Equalizer. Solid actionflick. Denzel washington in the lead was good.
    ...both films are outstanding in my humble opine.....