Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Notaro said:
    Rewatched Proteus, a low budget horror, based on the book Slimer by Harry Adam Knight. A group of shipwrecked drug dealers try to find rescue on a seemingly abandoned oil rig, but the oil rig isn't as deserted as it seems. I read the book when I was a kid and thought it was fun, haven't read it since. The movie is pretty bad, it desperately wants to be Aliens and The Thing but the effects are quite poor and it falls way short of the target. The
    performances are ok for this type of thing. Overall it's completely forgettable.

Rewatched Life, a sci-fi horror, another movie paying homage to Alien, a group of astronauts on a space station retrieve soil samples from Mars, they discover a dormant single celled organism and manage to revive it but things soon go horribly wrong. Really enjoyed this one, great effects,  great performances and good original creature design. Definitely worth a look.

....."science" and "things go horribly wrong"....what would movie makers do without them??.... :D
    FlakeNoirKurbenNotaroHedda Gabler
  • Well, it would be no fun if everything went as planned, would it??
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Well, it would be no fun if everything went as planned, would it??
    Image result for you right
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda Gabler
  • edited February 2021
    Kurben said:
    I dunno... I could be down with that. 😄 Hey! A horror/Sc-fi thriller I could watch without a pillow fort. 🤔 Though maybe this film has already been done, only... under another genre? ☺
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    I dunno... I could be down with that. 😄 Hey! A horror/Sc-fi thriller I could watch without a pillow fort. 🤔 Though maybe this film has already been done, only... under another genre? ☺
    Watch ET! great movie!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • The House that Dripped Blood.  An Amicus production.

I so love these British horror anthologies.  I watch them over and over and over again.
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • .....vampires, voodoo, vixens and victims....oh my!....I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • If anyone watches the new movie that dropped on Netflix — I Care A Lot. — please give us your thoughts. 

I get anxiety watching elderly people abused or scammed — while i think the elderly might strike back in this, i need to know a bit more. 

It looks good, but you can give me spoilers so i can get over it already. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Rewatched these, Piranha, Joe Dante's classic, piranhas accidentally released from a military base cause chaos as they chomp down on the locals. Great fun, good performances.

Wolfen, a cop investigating a brutal killing discovers a breed of super intelligent wolves living in the city. An enjoyable slow burner, not action packed but has plenty of atmosphere.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • piranhas accidentally released from a military base 

....meddling damn military scientists..... :D :D  
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • Rewatched, Maggie, a very low key zombie flick with Arnold Schwarzenegger. He stars as a man who's daughter is slowly turning into a zombie after being bitten, he will do anything to try to protect her. A complete change of pace for Arnie, no explosions, no gunfights, no car chases, just acting, I honestly think this is his best acting performance from anything he's done, he keeps it grounded, no OTT scenes, just a man trying to save his daughter, Arnie quietly gets on with it. If you want a different type of zombie movie then this could be for you... 

NeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablerghost19
  • Saw a movie called Bombshell, based on a true story - wasn't too bad

Image result for Bombshell movie

John Lithgow played Roger Ailes

NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Maggie, a very low key zombie flick with Arnold Schwarzenegger. He stars as a man who's daughter is slowly turning into a zombie after being bitten, he will do anything to try to protect her. A complete change of pace for Arnie, no explosions, no gunfights, no car chases, just acting, I honestly think this is his best acting performance from anything he's done, he keeps it grounded, no OTT scenes, just a man trying to save his daughter, Arnie quietly gets on with it. If you want a different type of zombie movie then this could be for you... 

....you are correct sir!....best dramatic non-cheesy role he's played....
    FlakeNoirKurbenNotaroHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited February 2021
    On TCM there’s another movie called Bombshell; only it’s from 1933 with Jean Harlow

I am trying to find something good to watch 🤔

Oooh that’s cool - there’s a ballroom scene that just reminded me of “The Shining “ 💡😊
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:
    On TCM there’s another movie called Bombshell; only it’s from 1933 with Jean Harlow

I am trying to find something good to watch 🤔

Oooh that’s cool - there’s a ballroom scene that just reminded me of “The Shining “ 💡😊
    ...no doubt Ms. Jean was a bombshell....

Jean Harlow Original Blonde Bombshell  iheartingrid
    KurbenNeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I've watched Battleship. Brave navy men fighting against bad aliens. Pretty formulaic but watchable. Also Yesterday, which i'm a bit divided about. The premise is that a struggling streetperformer has an accident, wakes up and discover himself to be in a world where the beatles never existed. So he takes credit for them and has an enormous hit with them. I cant help feeling that if you gonna go with that premise you ought to play it out a bit more. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited February 2021
    Kurben said:
    I've watched Battleship. Brave navy men fighting against bad aliens. Pretty formulaic but watchable. Also Yesterday, which i'm a bit divided about. The premise is that a struggling streetperformer has an accident, wakes up and discover himself to be in a world where the beatles never existed. So he takes credit for them and has an enormous hit with them. I cant help feeling that if you gonna go with that premise you ought to play it out a bit more. 
    I was so disappointed in yesterday for one reason — we never got to hear a complete song!  He was doing such a great job, i wanted to hear the music! I’d be singing along, pumped up and then...wah, wah, wah — over.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Yeah, at least bigger pieces of each song. When they are getting inspiration from the best band ever you want to hear a bit more. But i liked Rupert Carlyle as John Lennon.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • We watched Nomadland on Hulu. Stars Frances McDorman as a widow traveling in a refurbished van from one place to the next and finding out about the nomad community. It's not entirely uplifting, but it is very powerful and will definitely make you think.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • We watched Nomadland on Hulu. Stars Frances McDorman as a widow traveling in a refurbished van from one place to the next and finding out about the nomad community. It's not entirely uplifting, but it is very powerful and will definitely make you think.
    I read the book and I thought it was pretty good (didn’t know a movie had been made about it)

Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroBevVincentGNTLGNT
  • They used a few of the real nomads acting as themselves in the movie.
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited February 2021
    Rewatched, Tales That Witness Madness.
    An anthology movie,  a psychiatrist in an asylum recounts the stories of four patients to his associate.  I always view this type of movie through rose coloured glasses, I love them but I know they're not the greatest movies ever made, the stories here are all enjoyable if a little basic, budget restrictions are quite evident, the effects rely mostly on your own imagination. It has an excellent cast and the performances in each segment are good. This type of movie may not be to everyone's taste but I enjoyed it again and I think one or two of you might also.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Tales That Witness Madness.
    An anthology movie,  a psychiatrist in an asylum recounts the stories of four patients to his associate.  I always view this type of movie through rose coloured glasses, I love them but I know they're not the greatest movies ever made, the stories here are all enjoyable if a little basic, budget restrictions are quite evident, the effects rely mostly on your own imagination. It has an excellent cast and the performances in each segment are good. This type of movie may not be to everyone's taste but I enjoyed it again and I think one or tow of you might also.

All of what you said is what makes them so wonderful , i love anthologies.  And even among these low budget things, some are just better. Better stories, better actors, better characters.  It can be hit or miss, but i love them. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ....crap ass flicks have their place.....rainy afternoons, a blanket and viewing through half-lidded eyes.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy