Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• I also see bev that you watched I Care A Lot. 

Is elderly abuse the focus of this, or is that just a background thing to something more interesting. 

I know it’s silly because it’s fiction, but i have a hard time watching things with elderly abuse in it. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • We watched it on Amazon Prime. The little girl is really quite good -- she's a German actress. And Hanks is in top form.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • I watched 'I care a lot' it's not about ederly abuse as much as it is the system.
    It's quite good and funny at times.
    NotaroHedda GablerBevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Rewatched, Predators, a small group of individuals find themselves on a strange planet without any memory of how they got there, they realise they are the prey in a deadly game of cat and mouse. I enjoyed this one, it has a goid cast and it moves along nicely, definitely better than the last movie in the franchise The Predator.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • edited March 2021
    I watched 'I care a lot' it's not about ederly abuse as much as it is the system.
    Thanks. 

I love peter dinklage. I’ve not seen him in GOT but i bet he’s good.

I’ll give ICAL a watch. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • I watched 'I care a lot' it's not about ederly abuse as much as it is the system.
    We watched that a couple of nights ago. I wasn't sure who to root for. But it was a lot of fun. Dianne Wiest was a hoot.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Saw a movie called Boynton Beach Club

Lots of old stars in it - it's about a group of retired folks who have lost their spouses (mostly) - was pretty good I thought

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Predators, a small group of individuals find themselves on a strange planet without any memory of how they got there, they realise they are the prey in a deadly game of cat and mouse. I enjoyed this one, it has a goid cast and it moves along nicely, definitely better than the last movie in the franchise The Predator.

....great casting....and I have this big feller guarding my office right now......

12 inch Scar Predator action figure - Another Toy Review by Michael  Crawford Captain Toy
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurben
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Predators, a small group of individuals find themselves on a strange planet without any memory of how they got there, they realise they are the prey in a deadly game of cat and mouse. I enjoyed this one, it has a goid cast and it moves along nicely, definitely better than the last movie in the franchise The Predator.

....great casting....and I have this big feller guarding my office right now......

12 inch Scar Predator action figure - Another Toy Review by Michael  Crawford Captain Toy
    No picture showing there Scott. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:

....dammit!.....try try again.......

Deluxe Scar Predator 12-Inch Action Figure
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenNeesyFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:

Yep, there you go, very nice indeed 😎
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:

Yep, there you go, very nice indeed 😎
    .... :D He's currently seated on top of an old brass fire extinguisher that belonged to my dad..... :D
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Rewatched, A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 ;Freddy's Revenge. Hadn't watched this since I saw it in the cinema back in '87.  It is bad, really bad. There's no story to speak of, and the dialogue is cringe worthy, the make up effects are good and that's about it' s only saving grace.  Avoid it if you can, definitely the weakest movie in the franchise. 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • edited March 2021
    NB, You do very nice, succinct reviews of your movies.  Well done.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • NB, You do very nice, succinct reviews of your movies.  Well done.
    Thank you Hedda, it's fun revisiting some of the older ones I haven't watched in years. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gablercat
  • NB, You do very nice, succinct reviews of your movies.  Well done.
    Absolutely agree! He even makes me want to watch things I'd normally run from! 😳
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbencat
  • ......yeah, he does good for a wee Irish lad.....
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • edited March 2021
    Rewatched, Wolf, Jack Nicholson stars as a book editor who after hitting a wolf with his car gets bitten trying to drag the animal off the road. After a few days he notices changes in himself, but are they a blessing or a curse...

This is a very slow moving, low key movie, not an awful lot happens but I liked it, mainly because of the great cast, There is no transformation scene at all, the make up effects done by Rick Baker are really minimal, so don't expect An American Werewolf....... 

This is my favourite scene from the movie, only Jack can say it like this... 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • Rewatched, Bait, a tsunami floods an underground supermarket and the trapped surviving customers realise that a large shark is cruising the flooded aisles. Absolutely daft but still enjoyable, a pure pizza and beer movie, performances are mostly ok and the shark effects alternate between cgi and mechanical but it looks ok for the most part.  Leave your brain outside and enjoy the carnage.....

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatHedda Gabler
  • ..."leave your brain outside".....earned wisdom bro.....
    FlakeNoirNotarocatHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Bait, a tsunami floods an underground supermarket and the trapped surviving customers realise that a large shark is cruising the flooded aisles. Absolutely daft but still enjoyable, a pure pizza and beer movie, performances are mostly ok and the shark effects alternate between cgi and mechanical but it looks ok for the most part.  Leave your brain outside and enjoy the carnage.....

So... compared with the (oh God I can't remember its name) alligator one, is this 'Flakes friendly'? (for reference, that one scared the sh*t out of me at several points)
    GNTLGNTKurbencatHedda Gabler
  • ...."we're gonna need a bigger cash register".....

Bait 3D 2012 - A Review - HaphazardStuff
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbencatHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Bait, a tsunami floods an underground supermarket and the trapped surviving customers realise that a large shark is cruising the flooded aisles. Absolutely daft but still enjoyable, a pure pizza and beer movie, performances are mostly ok and the shark effects alternate between cgi and mechanical but it looks ok for the most part.  Leave your brain outside and enjoy the carnage.....

So... compared with the (oh God I can't remember its name) alligator one, is this 'Flakes friendly'? (for reference, that one scared the sh*t out of me at several points)
    Alligator one was Crawl, nope this one will probably make you jump Flakes, and it's quite gory. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTcatHedda Gabler