Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• A couple of years ago, a friend recommended a movie he thought I should watch. He even went so far as to send me an iTunes credit to see it! Alas, it was a Canadian friend and I couldn't use his credit. However, I never forgot his recommendation. Then I saw someone else mention the movie this week, and that it was on Hulu.

So, yesterday morning I finally watched Attack the Block, a British alien invasion movie from 2011. It stars John Boyega (from Star Wars) and Jodie Whittaker (Broadchurch, Doctor Who) early in their careers, as well as Luke Treadaway, twin brother of Harry, who was Brady in Mr. Mercedes.

I was telling my wife about the movie over dinner and she wanted to see it, too, so we watched it last night--my second viewing in the same day! It's a bit of a bonkers Doctor Who-esque romp. The aliens have the misfortune of ending up in a very rough South-side London neighborhood where a gang of teen hoodlums decide to fight back. It's funny and scary and gory and great fun. Close-captioning highly recommended, though, as the British accents are very, very thick and colloquial.

I just watched the trailer - looks like a really funny film (from the producers of Shaun of the Dead) - thanks for the recommendation :)
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTBevVincentcat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    infinity war movie meme - Dump A Day
    Oh my god, this is totally me. Drives my kids crazy. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotarocat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    infinity war movie meme - Dump A Day
    Oh my god, this is totally me. Drives my kids crazy. 
    Ditto, and sometimes I do it to the kid just to get under his skin... then I say, now you know what it feels like to parent a 3-year-old. 😜

KurbenNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Until they find out how far down the bottom is...
    NotaroHedda GablercatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • This is an absolute joy to watch,

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    This is an absolute joy to watch,

I’ll hit this today when i have time to focus. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • ....I love John....silly git......
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Watched Gemini man about a retiring hitman played by Will Smith that has to face up to a much younger clone of himself. Directed by Ang Lee. Cliwe Owen plays the bad guy. So-so. Not a total bomb but not really good. Watchable.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Rewatched Stir Crazy, still damn funny, for those who haven't seen it, two hapless friends are sent to jail for 125 years for a crime they didn't commit. Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor on top form as the unlucky duo, several laugh out loud moments, my only gripe is it screeches to a halt for the last 15 minutes or so.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ...again, spot on....great duo, and very unexpected for the time....
    NotaroHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • It is hilarious.  They were funny.  They took stereotypes and ran with them.  ALL IN GOOD FUN.
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited March 2021
    Notaro said:
    Rewatched Stir Crazy, still damn funny, for those who haven't seen it, two hapless friends are sent to jail for 125 years for a crime they didn't commit. Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor on top form as the unlucky duo, several laugh out loud moments, my only gripe is it screeches to a halt for the last 15 minutes or so.

Does the video physically not work for the last 15 minutes, or were they just too wasted to speak? 😁
    These two had such great chemistry. 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Rewatched Stir Crazy, still damn funny, for those who haven't seen it, two hapless friends are sent to jail for 125 years for a crime they didn't commit. Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor on top form as the unlucky duo, several laugh out loud moments, my only gripe is it screeches to a halt for the last 15 minutes or so.

Does the video physically not work for the last 15 minutes, or were they just too wasted to speak? 😁
    ....ohhhhh, I'm sure Richard might have had some chemical alteration, not sure if Gene ever got into that....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Rewatched, The Ruling Class. A man inherits his late father's estate and becomes the 14th Earl of Gurney, the only problem is he's a paranoid schizophrenic who believes himself to be Jesus Christ, and after shock treatment believes he is Jack the ripper. This is a hugely entertaining filck, a black comedy with a few musical numbers thrown in for good measure. An excellent cast gives great performances but it's Peter O' Toole who seals the show, he is superb as the nobleman with personality problems. It might be a bit off beat for some but it is well worth seeing.

KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Never heard of. Sounds interesting!!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, The Ruling Class. A man inherits his late father's estate and becomes the 14th Earl of Gurney, the only problem is he's a paranoid schizophrenic who believes himself to be Jesus Christ, and after shock treatment believes he is Jack the ripper. This is a hugely entertaining filck, a black comedy with a few musical numbers thrown in for good measure. An excellent cast gives great performances but it's Peter O' Toole who seals the show, he is superb as the nobleman with personality problems. It might be a bit off beat for some but it is well worth seeing.

I hope this is on britbox, i’m going to check it out. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

The video is only a minute forty one long — so i think perhaps you glitched out.  Throw yourself in a bag of rice, or unplug and then plug back in to reset😂
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • The Ruling Class...... Full movie on YouTube....

• Perfect! Thanks!!!!!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

The video is only a minute forty one long — so i think perhaps you glitched out.  Throw yourself in a bag of rice, or unplug and then plug back in to reset😂
    Chinese Bowl Of Rice HD Png Download - kindpng
    FlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Rewatched, Kind Hearts And Coronets, a young man, disowned by his mother's family, plots revenge after they refuse to let her be buried in the family crypt, he decides to kill them one by one and inherit the Dukedom. Absolutely superb film, Alec Guinness plays the entire D'Ascoyane family, and Dennis Price plays the young man out for revenge. A must see for any film enthusiast.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Kind Hearts And Coronets, a young man, disowned by his mother's family, plots revenge after they refuse to let her be buried in the family crypt, he decides to kill them one by one and inherit the Dukedom. Absolutely superb film, Alec Guinness plays the entire D'Ascoyane family, and Dennis Price plays the young man out for revenge. A must see for any film enthusiast.

Where can we see it?
    FlakeNoirKurbenNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I don't think it's streaming anywhere Hedda, I have it on dvd, there's a superb BBC Radio adaptation on YouTube I think, that's well worth a listen.