Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• I just saw a trailer for Those Who Wish Me Dead. It looks good. 

The book was fantastic, one of my year of cemetery dance reads at skmb.  I hope they do the story justice. 
    Michael just sold the film rights to his most recent novel, too.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Just watched Southern Comfort to remind myself of what Walter Hill is capable of. Keith Carradine and Powers Boothe in the leads. Really good, and IMO much underrated movie. Made in 81 or 82 i think.
    FlakeNoirNotaroNeesyGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Ironman 3

Thor: the Dark World
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Ironman 3

....liked em both.....ate too much poppycorn.....
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited April 2021
    GNTLGNT said:
    Ironman 3

....liked em both.....ate too much poppycorn.....
    I’m really enjoying all of them. 

Ask me in a month from now who are Marvel characters and who are DC characters and i’m sure i’ll fail miserably. I’ll have Dora the Explorer in there with Swiper as a trickster God.  He’s Thor’s brother, yes?  🤣😉
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • ....just wish Hulk would smash Dora's map....ya ken?.....you really do need a scorecard for all the characters.....don't feel at a loss.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Just watched Southern Comfort to remind myself of what Walter Hill is capable of. Keith Carradine and Powers Boothe in the leads. Really good, and IMO much underrated movie. Made in 81 or 82 i think.
    I went to watch this the other day on youtube and they wanted me to sign in to prove I'm 18.  So, must be pretty bad in some way?  Kurben? Nb?

I was too lazy to do all that then, but I am going to watch this probably this weekend.  It sounded interesting.
    FlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Just watched Southern Comfort to remind myself of what Walter Hill is capable of. Keith Carradine and Powers Boothe in the leads. Really good, and IMO much underrated movie. Made in 81 or 82 i think.
    I went to watch this the other day on youtube and they wanted me to sign in to prove I'm 18.  So, must be pretty bad in some way?  Kurben? Nb?

I was too lazy to do all that then, but I am going to watch this probably this weekend.  It sounded interesting.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083111/parentalguide
    FlakeNoir
  • Penis stabbing?  And your point is?

Ouch kabibble Tipper Gore.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Oh.  Apparently a pig scene is real.  What happened to the "no animals were harmed in the making of this film" watchdogs?
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Penis stabbing?  And your point is?

Ouch kabibble Tipper Gore.
    ...the point would be in the petah darling.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Oh.  Apparently a pig scene is real.  What happened to the "no animals were harmed in the making of this film" watchdogs?
    Yeah, a pig is slaughtered. The Cajuns slaughter a pig like they used (or still do) and the filmmakers decided to use it in the movie. The animal expert at the time deemed it OK since it was slaughtered "Humanly" but obviously they look at it more sincerely now 40 years later.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    Oh.  Apparently a pig scene is real.  What happened to the "no animals were harmed in the making of this film" watchdogs?
    Yeah, a pig is slaughtered. The Cajuns slaughter a pig like they used (or still do) and the filmmakers decided to use it in the movie. The animal expert at the time deemed it OK since it was slaughtered "Humanly" but obviously they look at it more sincerely now 40 years later.

I have not seen this movie but after reading what Notaro posted (and Kurben) it just seems to be reality - people must know that meat does not just come prepackaged in styrofoam containers wrapped in plastic with a label attached

It must be pretty gory to watch however

Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • My memory of the scene is that it's very brief, a few seconds at most, is it Kurben? 🤔
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    My memory of the scene is that it's very brief, a few seconds at most, is it Kurben? 🤔

Correct. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited April 2021
    Neesy said:
    Kurben said:
    Oh.  Apparently a pig scene is real.  What happened to the "no animals were harmed in the making of this film" watchdogs?

I have not seen this movie but after reading what Notaro posted (and Kurben) it just seems to be reality - people must know that meat does not just come prepackaged in styrofoam containers wrapped in plastic with a label attached

It must be pretty gory to watch however

I'm a meat eater.  I know where meat comes from.  I also know that there is a humane way to obtain it. Or I like to think that.  But when I watch a movie, I'm there for entertainment, not to watch a documentary on the meat packing industry.  So, I don't want to see the pig killed.

I'm still very interested in the storyline though so I will watch the movie.  I'll just fast forward when it comes to a real pig dying a real death.  And, even if they CGI'd a pig death, I'd still fast forward through the fake death.  

I've always said, depending on the movie and the character, I don't react nearly as much to human stuff as I do to one damn animal stepping on the screen and stubbing its toe.  Good lord god, the dog stubbed its toe -- call the paramedics!

NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • There are a ton of familiar faces in this Southern Comfort.

Makes me wonder what the hell happens to all these guardsmen.  There are a lot of guys.  Yikes!
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • That was scary.  The horror of real people is so much scarier to me.  
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • I'm not sure if I've seen this. Where did you watch it DJ?
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'm not sure if I've seen this. Where did you watch it DJ?
    Read Flakes, focking read the messages properly!
    YouTube. Hence the R18 thingee, blah, yadda. Dolt.😳🙄
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Southern Comfort Full movie....

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • ''not since "Deliverance".".....only the piggy really DOES "squeal like a pig"....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurben
  • Just finished watching the above movie, I agree it was scary and very well done.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • Captain America :The Winter Soldier
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir