Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Captain Marvel

Avengers: Endgame 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Anna by Luc Besson. An actionthriller with an agent that want to quit but finds thats easier said than done. With Sasha Luss as the female lead supported by Helen Mirren and Cillian Murphy. Quite good. Besson knows how to do movies like this. It isn't as good as Leon or Nikita but real good anyway.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Watched Godzilla vs. Kong last night. Really happy that I didn't spend any money on the ticket.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Watched Godzilla vs. Kong last night. Really happy that I didn't spend any money on the ticket.
    ....guess this answered my question I posted elsewhere.....

Gary Dunaier Thumbs Down Guy GaryDunaier  Twitter
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirBevVincentHedda Gabler
  • edited April 2021
    Captain Marvel

Okay,

Avengers: Endgame.   I knew things about this.   I didn't know the how or why or where but I knew things.  Because it was widely talked about at the time.  It meant nothing to me because I didn't watch these movies.  But,

I did get caught off guard.  I knew Tony Stark died.  I knew it.  You couldn't turn on a computer or watch anything without knowing that. Everyone was talking about it when the movie came out.  Again, I could have tried to care less, but I was at the right level of care less.

So, when the scene comes and he dies, I was prepared.  I knew it. I didn't lose my shit over it.  I was sad for everyone, but I was prepared.

But, when they watch that video of Tony from the Ironman mask and he tells his little girl, I love you 3000 -- gone.  I was gone.  BEcause if you remember, she told him she loved him earlier in the movie 3000 and then Tony jokingly told pepper that she was only around 600 to 900 -- but he was 3000.

Why I'm telling you this, --  today, after taking my kid for his Covid shot, he walked back toward his room, paused, turned around and told me, I love you 3000 mom.

Gone. 

I need to toughen up.

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurbencat
  • Captain Marvel

Okay,

Avengers: Endgame.   I knew things about this.   I didn't know the how or why or where but I knew things.  Because it was widely talked about at the time.  It meant nothing to me because I didn't watch these movies.  But,

I did get caught off guard.  I knew Tony Stark died.  I knew it.  You couldn't turn on a computer or watch anything without knowing that. Everyone was talking about it when the movie came out.  Again, I could have tried to care less, but I was at the right level of care less.

So, when the scene comes and he dies, I was prepared.  I knew it. I didn't lose my shit over it.  I was sad for everyone, but I was prepared.

But, when they watch that video of Tony from the Ironman mask and he tells his little girl, I love you 3000 -- gone.  I was gone.  BEcause if you remember, she told him she loved him earlier in the movie 3000 and then Tony jokingly told pepper that she was only around 600 to 900 -- but he was 3000.

Why I'm telling you this, --  today, after taking my kid for his Covid shot, he walked back toward his room, paused, turned around and told me, I love you 3000 mom.

Gone. 

I need to toughen up.

.....I love that story....period....end...wrap......
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotarocat
  • Watched The Vigil. In accordance with a Jewish tradition a young man is asked to sit overnight as a Shomer with a recently deceased old man, however a malevolent demon who had plagued the old man now looks at the Shomer as his next victim. This was decent but very slow moving, my main gripe was the movie is actually quite dark and it was sometimes difficult to see what was going on. With that being said I did enjoy it overall, the performances were good and it does have a nice creepy vibe going on. Very slow but worth a look.

FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Watched The Vigil. In accordance with a Jewish tradition a young man is asked to sit overnight as a Shomer with a recently deceased old man, however a malevolent demon who had plagued the old man now looks at the Shomer as his next victim. This was decent but very slow moving, my main gripe was the movie is actually quite dark and it was sometimes difficult to see what was going on. With that being said I did enjoy it overall, the performances were good and it does have a nice creepy vibe going on. Very slow but worth a look.

....haven't watched the movie, but I was quite interested in the tradition...read up on it a bit....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • I thought I'd watch this one as reportedly it's too dark to see much. My kind of scare. 🙈
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Watched Alien Warfare. Not much to write home about. Not cringeworthy bad but rather easily forgettable. Something drops from the sky, scientists are sent to figure out what and then some aliens come to retrieve it. Some brave navy seals in the middle. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Rewatched, Dead & Buried. Welcome to Potters Bluff, a quaint little American Town who's occupants have a nasty habit of butchering strangers just passing through. The local sheriff begins to think the town's undertaker might be doing something other than laying people to rest! This is from the writers of Alien, it's more or less a slasher movie, not the best one ever made but certainly not the worst either, there's some good effects by the late great Stan Winston, performances are ok and there's a couple of recognisable faces present.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • ...you mean butchering strangers is frowned upon in polite society????.... ;)
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroKurben
  • edited May 2021
    Caught a really good Kevin Costner movie on Amazon Prime the other night. "The New Daughter". It's not what I expected. I was constantly reminded of something Stephen King would write all thru the movie. It's a great movie from start to finish, best movie I've seen in a while. Kind of had a Dark Skies meets Pet Sematary feel to it, but very good imho. Not sure how I missed this one, it was made in 2009 but I'd never heard of it.
    KurbenFlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Watched, Run. A devoted mother has cared for her sick daughter all her life, but after discovering a suspicious container of pills the daughter begins to suspect that maybe her mother is responsible for her multiple health issues. A psychological thriller. Really enjoyed this one, terrific performances and a good tense atmosphere, I think this is worth a watch.

FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • ghost19 said:
    Caught a really good Kevin Costner movie on Amazon Prime the other night. "The New Daughter". It's not what I expected. I was constantly reminded of something Stephen King would write all thru the movie. It's a great movie from start to finish, best movie I've seen in a while. Kind of had a Dark Skies meets Pet Sematary feel to it, but very good imho. Not sure how I missed this one, it was made in 2009 but I'd never heard of it.
    ....Hey!....Dhead!....how the hell are ya???.....
    KurbenNotaroghost19Hedda Gabler
  • ghost19 said:
    Started watching this yesterday, Thanks!  I've never heard of it before either.

ghost19Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:

If I could only explain how hard that made me laugh, Scott....lol. I do fine, thank ya very much. All vaccinated now after my 2nd shot of Moderna Zombie Mix #4...lol. Told my wife if I turned into zombie this last weekend after my 2nd shot, just double tap me in the head and collect the insurance...lol.
    How are you and your family doing sir? I hope everyone is healthy and doing ok.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ghost19 said:
    Started watching this yesterday, Thanks!  I've never heard of it before either.

Hi NN, hope you are well. Hope you enjoy the movie, it was good from start to finish.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Watched, Run. A devoted mother has cared for her sick daughter all her life, but after discovering a suspicious container of pills the daughter begins to suspect that maybe her mother is responsible for her multiple health issues. A psychological thriller. Really enjoyed this one, terrific performances and a good tense atmosphere, I think this is worth a watch.

I think this is based on a true story f it’s the movie i’m thinking of.  This mother was awful!

Do her snd her boyfriend kill the mother? If so, it’s the right movie.  

NotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Watched, Run. A devoted mother has cared for her sick daughter all her life, but after discovering a suspicious container of pills the daughter begins to suspect that maybe her mother is responsible for her multiple health issues. A psychological thriller. Really enjoyed this one, terrific performances and a good tense atmosphere, I think this is worth a watch.

I think this is based on a true story f it’s the movie i’m thinking of.  This mother was awful!

Nope that's not it Hedda. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

Nope that's not it Hedda. 
    Ohhhh.   
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:

If I could only explain how hard that made me laugh, Scott....lol. I do fine, thank ya very much. All vaccinated now after my 2nd shot of Moderna Zombie Mix #4...lol. Told my wife if I turned into zombie this last weekend after my 2nd shot, just double tap me in the head and collect the insurance...lol.
    How are you and your family doing sir? I hope everyone is healthy and doing ok.
    ....the usual aches and pains and chaos old buddy, but we are hanging in as I hope you guys are...I felt the zombie spirit blanket me after my second shot and the oldest son son was more than eager to volunteer to take me out....some pistol expert HE is....damn kids....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenNeesyghost19
  • Spiderman: far from home
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • edited May 2021
    I was totally bummed stan lee didn’t have a cameo in this and i felt it was terribly shortsighted of the creators not to have filmed him in a bazillion circumstances that they could then continue to drop in future films. It would have been so easy to catalogue a library of stan lee for years to come. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT