Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• ...sometimes entertaining is just ok, doesn't have to be great cinema....
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...sometimes entertaining is just ok, doesn't have to be great cinema....
    Of course! IMO very few movies reach that area of great cinema. Many are entertaining though. more or less and thats ok.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...todays phrase to live by.....

If i want your can of corn, bitch, i’m taking your can of corn. :D 
    What’s interesting about your response — you did not even question my ability to take said can of corn. You accepted my badassery without question. Now THAT’S a friend. 

Your badassery is known long and long over the mountains, thru the valleys, and across the rivers. Songs are written and proverbs are scribed about the legendary basassery of the one they call Hedda..... :)
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited May 2021
    ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:

What’s interesting about your response — you did not even question my ability to take said can of corn. You accepted my badassery without question. Now THAT’S a friend. 

Your badassery is known long and long over the mountains, thru the valleys, and across the rivers. Songs are written and proverbs are scribed about the legendary basassery of the one they call Hedda..... :)
    It's true. I've seen it first hand. (In a I-live-in-a-totally-different-country-but-have-the-most-vivid-f'king-imagination-so-there kind of way.)
    ghost19NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I had to edit that twice.
    1) I've not been awake long 
    2) the room is dark
    3) my phone hates me (it's fairly mutual, you bastard)
    ghost19NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyspideyman
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:

...and we have all admired her shiny helmet....

Viking Helmet Pattern  Etsy
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gablerghost19Neesyspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I had to edit that twice.
    1) I've not been awake long 
    2) the room is dark
    3) my phone hates me (it's fairly mutual, you bastard)
    Why am I hesitant to talk over the phone - Quora
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gablerspideyman
  • edited May 2021
    Rewatched, Mimic, a virus spread by cockroaches is threatening to wipe out a whole generation of children. A scientist creates a genetically modified breed of roach and releases it causing the eradication of the virus/cockroach plague. Three years later the scientist discovers that her genetically modified creation which was meant to die after it had done it's job may have survived and bred.... and grown. I really enjoyed this again, it has aged a bit but the effects mostly hold up and the performances are decent, it has a good tense atmosphere and if you're squeamish at the sight of creepy crawlies then this will make you squirm.

KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gablerspideyman
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, Mimic, a virus spread by cockroaches is threatening to wipe out a whole generation of children. A scientist creates a genetically modified breed of roach and releases it causing the eradication of the virus/cockroach plague. Three years later the scientist discovers that her genetically modified creation which was meant to die after it had done it's job may have survived and bred.... and grown. I really enjoyed this again, it has aged a bit but the effects mostly hold up and the performances are decent, it has a good tense atmosphere and if you're squeamish at the sight of creepy crawlies then this will make you squirm.

....it reminded me of the "Big Bug" films from my childhood.....

Classic Film and TV Caf Insects in Classic Movies
    Out of the Woodwork Attack of the Big Bug Movies  Grand Old Movies
    The Deadly Mantis 1957 Love those giant insect movies
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesyspideyman
  • Just watched Army of One. A former army ranger and her husband walks, totally by accident, in on a gang that sells weapon and women for money. They are shot, thrown in a gully and left for dead but she survives and she is not happy that her hubby is dead.....  Decent. Predictable but good enough. No names i recognized but the acting was OK.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTspideyman
  • We watched OSLO on HBOMax -- it's based on a play about the husband/wife team behind the Oslo Peace Accord of 1993. Stars Ruth Wilson and Andrew Scott -- quite good and relevant to current events.
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTspideyman
  • Saw Zero Dark Thirty about the hunt for Bin Laden. Jessica Chastain good in the lead. Perhaps a tad too long  but it was a good movie.
    BevVincentFlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTghost19Neesyspideyman
  • ...watched Army of the Dead last night....I agree a good bit could have been trimmed, but damn I laughed out loud at so many parts(body and other).....enjoyable couple of hours....especially "Valentine"....the idea of more sentient 'bies and ones that could reproduce is a nice twist on the Mythos.....there are a couple of prequels that are to be ut later this year...one anime and one live action....explaining the whole "what in hell happened at Area 51 with Zeus?"....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarocatspideyman
  • Saw The Brave One with Jodie Foster and Terrence Howard. Foster excellent as usual. It is basically a variation of Death Wish. But it does not only focus on the vigilante stuff but also how an near death experience like that and losing your husband changes you. How you feel like a stranger walking around in someones elses body. Foster is an actor that can catch all nuances in the new sea of emotions shes floating in at the same time as its an action movie.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNTcatspideyman
  • Kurben said:
    Saw The Brave One with Jodie Foster and Terrence Howard. Foster excellent as usual. It is basically a variation of Death Wish. But it does not only focus on the vigilante stuff but also how an near death experience like that and losing your husband changes you. How you feel like a stranger walking around in someones elses body. Foster is an actor that can catch all nuances in the new sea of emotions shes floating in at the same time as its an action movie.
    If i can so boldly ask, did you understand this in a way others might not having your own experiences to draw from?

jodie foster is an amazing actress. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatspideyman
  • Kurben said:
    Saw The Brave One with Jodie Foster and Terrence Howard. Foster excellent as usual. It is basically a variation of Death Wish. But it does not only focus on the vigilante stuff but also how an near death experience like that and losing your husband changes you. How you feel like a stranger walking around in someones elses body. Foster is an actor that can catch all nuances in the new sea of emotions shes floating in at the same time as its an action movie.
    If i can so boldly ask, did you understand this in a way others might not having your own experiences to draw from?

Well, i've never lost anyone to violence in the way she does in this movie but i lost my father, my wife and my best friend in a period of about 16 months and their demices were all very unexpected. Felt unreal. certainly throw me off balance. But i think anyone could imagine what a blow such a thing must be.
    NotaroNeesyFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatspideyman
  • Kurben said:
    Kurben said:

Well, i've never lost anyone to violence in the way she does in this movie but i lost my father, my wife and my best friend in a period of about 16 months and their demices were all very unexpected. Felt unreal. certainly throw me off balance. But i think anyone could imagine what a blow such a thing must be.
    Sorry for your loss Kurben, horrendous to lose so many in such a short space of time. My condolences 😔
    NeesyKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatspideyman
  • Kurben said:
    Saw Zero Dark Thirty about the hunt for Bin Laden. Jessica Chastain good in the lead. Perhaps a tad too long  but it was a good movie.

My favorite scene in the whole movie was when they were in the helicopter on the way to the Bin Laden raid. They hit some turbulence and one of the SEALS asks "Who all has been in chopper crash before?"...all of them raise their hand...lol. The SEAL who asked the questions says "OK, we're good."...lol
    NeesyKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatspideyman
  • ghost19 said:
    Kurben said:
    Saw Zero Dark Thirty about the hunt for Bin Laden. Jessica Chastain good in the lead. Perhaps a tad too long  but it was a good movie.

My favorite scene in the whole movie was when they were in the helicopter on the way to the Bin Laden raid. They hit some turbulence and one of the SEALS asks "Who all has been in chopper crash before?"...all of them raise their hand...lol. The SEAL who asked the questions says "OK, we're good."...lol
    zero dark thirty - Dump A Day
    FlakeNoirKurbenghost19Hedda GablerNotarocatspideymanNeesy
  • We watched Conjuring 3 The Devil Made Me Do It. Not very scary at all. Nothing compared to the first 2, I was a little disappointed because the first 2 had me seriously freaked out. As a good horror movie should. Probably time to shutter the franchise. 
    NotaroKurbenspideymanFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • ....watched a couple recently.....

Is 39Spenser Confidential39 on Netflix UK Where to Watch the Movie - New On  Netflix UK

Greyhound film - Wikipedia

...both very good in their separate ways.....
    NotarocatFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Watched Polar with Mads Mikkelsen and Jessica Hudgens. A professional hitman want to retire kind a thing. Built on a graphic novel. Meh. Predictable and not really well enough acted in the minor parts to give it stability.
    FlakeNoirNotarocatGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Where did Irish put that Elvis movie again? I was going to watch some more of it but can't find it now.
    (Yeah I know, I'm supposed to be writing a short story, I did start it yesterday while I was in the waiting room after my 2nd covid. And yes I know starting is not finishing. 😬)
    NotarocatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Where did Irish put that Elvis movie again? I was going to watch some more of it but can't find it now.
    (Yeah I know, I'm supposed to be writing a short story, I did start it yesterday while I was in the waiting room after my 2nd covid. And yes I know starting is not finishing. 😬)
    Here it is Flakes....

FlakeNoircatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Thank you.  :)
    NotarocatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy