Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Notaro said:
    No biographies, but he published five books of celebrity photos. 

He wasn't available for Beneath the Planet of the Apes, so someone else plays Cornelius in that one. He's in the other four, along with the TV series, which was my introduction to PotA.
    I think he picked his friends wisely.  They just don't talk. Even after all these years and he long gone, you would think stories would come out but you hear nothing.  And not that I want to hear scandalous things, I just want to hear about those old Hollywood/studio days.  

He was so chilling in Cleopatra.  I loved that performance.
    Did you ever see his episode of Columbo?
    I’m queen of Columbo — of course i have. 😜
    That was the one with the exploding cigar box? 🤔
    Yes. And the groovy silly string. And poor anne francis, used like a cheap dollar store 2 for 1 tube of toothpaste. 

What?
    NotaroKurbenBevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Just some clips of Billy....

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited July 2021
    Isn’t it interesting how iconic someone’s voice can be?

I just finished watching Beneath the Planet of the Apes. When Gen. Ursus started speaking, i knew immediately who it was. His face came to me in a second, but I didn’t know his name.  

James Gregory — his credits are long and his voice unique and recognizable. Good actor .

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • He was terrific on Barney Miller.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Deputy Inspector Franklin quotFrankquot D Luger James Gregory  Barney miller  Yesterday and today Classic television...not to be confused with the comedian of the same name....
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • ...spent a couple of hours enjoying the formulaic cinema below....c'mon, it's got Morgan Freeman!!....
    Angel Has Fallen DVD 2019 - Best Buy

NotaroHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Watched Blood Red Sky. A woman and her young son are travelling to America where she hopes to get medical help for an extreme illness, but when the plane is hijacked her illness may be the only thing that can save them. This was good fun, it moved along at a good pace, it reminded me of another movie called Flight Of The Living Dead, so leave your brain at the door, pull up a chair, order a pizza and crack open a beverage or three and enjoy the flight. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerBevVincent
  • Notaro said:
    Watched Blood Red Sky. A woman and her young son are travelling to America where she hopes to get medical help for an extreme illness, but when the plane is hijacked her illness may be the only thing that can save them. This was good fun, it moved along at a good pace, it reminded me of another movie called Flight Of The Living Dead, so leave your brain at the door, pull up a chair, order a pizza and crack open a beverage or three and enjoy the flight. 

....I'm on vaykay this week, might pull this one up on our Roku....nice to see a female anti-hero......
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Followed Notaros rec and watched Blood Red Sky. Dont think to much, or not at all, and you'll enjoy it. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • ...the above advice re: thinking, will not be a struggle for the Resident Village GNT/Idiot.....
  • Watched the remake of Death Wish with Bruce Willis in Charles Bronsons part. I prefer the original. The story is the same but Willis is a doctor instead of an architect. Many of the scenes were basically copied and then whats the point of making a remake? This had a more "happy ending" compared with the original. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • ...those flogging the mules that haul the "entertainment" wagon, seemingly have forgotten how to do anything original these days.....mostly  "remake dujour" ....if I want something akin to the original, I'll watch the damn original!!....I have seen very little that has improved on the source material, and find it insulting that they insist on feeding us this cinematic pabulum.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited July 2021
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...those flogging the mules that haul the "entertainment" wagon, seemingly have forgotten how to do anything original these days.....mostly  "remake dujour" ....if I want something akin to the original, I'll watch the damn original!!....I have seen very little that has improved on the source material, and find it insulting that they insist on feeding us this cinematic pabulum.....
    And when they remake them, they dumb them down because god forbid  we say or do the wrong thing and offend someone.  Being offensive just to be offensive isn’t art. Not very creative either. That’s wrong. 

But, elements that serve the story must stay true. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • ....truth!!.....I know there are scads of bright creative folks out there, but let's muzzle their imaginations....
    Best Angry gif 2019 - Lol Gifs
  • Watched Deepwater Horizon. Movie about that oilrigg disaster some 10 years back. If whats shown here about some BP bosses is correct they should be in jail doing serious time!
    Hedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Watched Deepwater Horizon. Movie about that oilrigg disaster some 10 years back. If whats shown here about some BP bosses is correct they should be in jail doing serious time!
    It's a good one, I've seen it a few times, the most recent being a couple of months ago. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Watched Kingdom: Ashin Of The North, a prequel feature length episode to the Korean medieval zombie show, which shows how the zombie plague started. If you liked the TV show then you'll love this. It's good, worth a look.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I loved the original, Exorcist 2 The Heretic was complete pants, I loved Exorcist 3, I think it's a very underrated movie, the two prequels were so-so, I liked Paul Schrader's Dominion over Renny Harlin's The Beginning. The TV show started out ok but went up it's own backside as it went on. A new trilogy makes absolutely no sense..... 

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/universal-exorcist-trilogy-1235027500/
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ....I have an idea!...let's do a remake!!!.....

face palm facepalm gif  WiffleGif
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Saw Singing In The Rain. Still a great musical. Was inspired by the mucho raining today. Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds and Donald O'Connor are great!!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Saw Singing In The Rain. Still a great musical. Was inspired by the mucho raining today. Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds and Donald O'Connor are great!!
    The old stars had to be very versatile, especially in the day when musicals and dancing reigned.   It is so fun to see their talents  in this movie. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy