Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Watched, Prosta Historian O Morderstwie, a Polish crime thriller. A young man joins the police force and discovers it is not as he expected, corruption is rife and his father may be involved in it all. Really enjoyed this one though it is a tough watch at times due to some of the subject matter. 

Only the Polish trailer available....

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Watched, Prosta Historian O Morderstwie, a Polish crime thriller. A young man joins the police force and discovers it is not as he expected, corruption is rife and his father may be involved in it all. Really enjoyed this one though it is a tough watch at times due to some of the subject matter. 

Another bleak Polish entry?  Where is this? I watch all the bleak Polish shows to remind myself to be grateful I don’t live in Poland.  
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Watched, Prosta Historian O Morderstwie, a Polish crime thriller. A young man joins the police force and discovers it is not as he expected, corruption is rife and his father may be involved in it all. Really enjoyed this one though it is a tough watch at times due to some of the subject matter. 

Another bleak Polish entry?  Where is this? I watch all the bleak Polish shows to remind myself to be grateful I don’t live in Poland.  
    It's pretty bleak Hedda, it's up on Netflix. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited August 2021
    I’m still watching Season 2 of The Mire. 

These poor people! Forced to wear 70s clothes and hairstyles , makeup very outdated (when used). And not the cool come-back styles. These are tragic outfits. 

You know they smell of beef sticks, Vodka and despair. 

On the up side, i would be totally hot in Poland. 
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • ....saw The Suicide Squad last night at a drive-in!.....dumb, funny and lots of action...great genre movie...and it had Harley Quinn....*swoon*....

The Suicide Squad What39s Next for Harley Quinn in the DCEU - Den of Geek
    NotaroKurbencatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....saw The Suicide Squad last night at a drive-in!.....dumb, funny and lots of action...great genre movie...and it had Harley Quinn....*swoon*....

Watched it last night too Scott, thought it was good fun, plenty of laughs, much better than the first one. 
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....saw The Suicide Squad last night at a drive-in!.....dumb, funny and lots of action...great genre movie...and it had Harley Quinn....*swoon*....

Watched it last night too Scott, thought it was good fun, plenty of laughs, much better than the first one. 
    .....indeed....the segues were extra cool with the way they did those......
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • We watched Bill and Ted Face the Music last night. It was dumb but kind of nostalgic. By the end I was the only one left watching, Ty and Ali went to their rooms and Scott fell asleep. If that tells you anything. 😆 The girl playing Keanu's daughter was most excellent (😄😉) at capturing his facial expressions and movements, she was fun to watch. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesydoyoulove19
  • I am watching Blade Runner  — the good one. The one the director wanted.  I saw it originally. But i don’t remember it at all. 
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoircatGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I am watching Blade Runner  — the good one. The one the director wanted.  I saw it originally. But i don’t remember it at all. 
    ....I felt drunk watching that film....and hadn't had a dribble of alkeehall.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • That's a movie I still haven't seen.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • Watched, for nostalgic reasons, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes with Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell. One of these rather rare movies with no male leads. Its no masterpiece but its very enjoyable. Monroe and Russell looks like they are having fun and its here Monroe sings Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend which is a good one.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Watched, for nostalgic reasons, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes with Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell. One of these rather rare movies with no male leads. Its no masterpiece but its very enjoyable. Monroe and Russell looks like they are having fun and its here Monroe sings Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend which is a good one.
    Marilyn Monroe Orange Chiffon Formal Dress in Movie quotGentlemen Prefer  Blondesquot
    NotaroHedda GablerNeesyKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Watched, for nostalgic reasons, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes with Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell. One of these rather rare movies with no male leads. Its no masterpiece but its very enjoyable. Monroe and Russell looks like they are having fun and its here Monroe sings Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend which is a good one.

I saw that one too recently; she's also good in The Seven Year Itch with the famous scene where she stands over the subway grate

I like a lot of those old movies

KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Neesy said:
    Kurben said:

I saw that one too recently; she's also good in The Seven Year Itch with the famous scene where she stands over the subway grate

I like a lot of those old movies

They are often my favourites. I feel that nowadays they often trust to much in special effects and CGI to carry the movie. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • ...you are quite correct in that......good/great acting doesn't require all the bells & whistles of electronic legerdemain.....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • Amazoncom Mile 22 DVD 2018  Movies amp TV....a little muddy on plot, but action packed......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Amazoncom Mile 22 DVD 2018  Movies amp TV....a little muddy on plot, but action packed......
    I like Mark, he's always decent. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • .....he's a smart-aleck motormouth in this one....
    Hedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • The African Queen — Criterion

never saw it, decided i should. Not great. But not bad. Definitely a different movie style in every possible way than what we are used to today. 

Mikey and Nicky — criterion

peter falk and john cassavetes.  John is a creepy as shit actor. I won’t use the cringworthy adjective King uses for him in his Night at the Movies episode, but John is definitely good at capturing that smarmy unstable character. 

Blade Runner — final cut.  Apparently there are 3 versions of this movie.  The ending you get for each leads you down a different path. A “was he or wasn’t he” choice. And what does that unicorn really mean? 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • Rewatched Eight Legged Freaks. An exotic spider collection, a toxic chemical spillage.... what could possibly go wrong 🤔, this still holds up well after 20 years, great fun and a wonderful homage to the giant big bug movie of the 1950's. Good cast, including a young Scarlett Johansson, a pizza and beer movie.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Well, i put these in the wrong thread. Copy pasted here. 

World On A Wire part 1 & 2. — criterion — dir. Fassbinder

Until the End of the World — criterion — william Hurt, Sam Neil, — director wim wenders

Both futuristic. Sci fi. One was like 3 hours the second about 5. They took commitment and days. 🤣
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited August 2021
    This afternoon I watched Doctor Sleep on Netflix.  I have read the book and enjoyed it, this was good too.
    It was also horrifying. I remember being traumatised by certain scenes from the book and haunted by the baseball boy. The scenes with him in the movie were really upsetting. That was my kid lying there going through that and it was awful to helplessly watch and hear his cries. 😭

(Goddammit... I'm useless on my phone, clicked Post Comment instead of the enter button. 🙄)

Also... because I am pathetic with suspense and horror. I found it quite scary in places. Watching this with kickass headphones on probably doesn't help my case.
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gablernot_nadineNeesy