Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Another one for Hedda coming soon....

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • ....ohhhhhh YEAH!!!!......
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....ohhhhhh YEAH!!!!......

NotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....ohhhhhh YEAH!!!!......

....that wuz a good'un!.....
    Hedda GablerNeesy
  • Just watched Breakhart Pass. An actionpacked western with Charles Bronson in the lead supported by Richard Crenna, Ben Johnson, Jill Ireland and Charles Durning. Based on a book by Alistair MacLean. I liked it. I like these old Bronson and Eastwood movies. They know what they want to do and don't try to be fancy about it. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Got inspired by seeing Bronson in Breakhart Pass so rewatched one of the classics: Death Wish. I think it is still standing in spite of being made almost 40 years ago. This is an example of where i have not read the book it is based on. Apparently Brian Garfield wrote a book that i have never heard of but i like the movie. Jeff Goldblum makes his moviedebut here. He playes a punk that rapes Bronsons daughter. Very Creepy.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Got inspired by seeing Bronson in Breakhart Pass so rewatched one of the classics: Death Wish. I think it is still standing in spite of being made almost 40 years ago. This is an example of where i have not read the book it is based on. Apparently Brian Garfield wrote a book that i have never heard of but i like the movie. Jeff Goldblum makes his moviedebut here. He playes a punk that rapes Bronsons daughter. Very Creepy.
    ...the first was the best, subsequent movies were just variations on a theme...bloody and uninspired....
    Hedda GablerNeesyNotaro
  • edited May 2021
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    Got inspired by seeing Bronson in Breakhart Pass so rewatched one of the classics: Death Wish. I think it is still standing in spite of being made almost 40 years ago. This is an example of where i have not read the book it is based on. Apparently Brian Garfield wrote a book that i have never heard of but i like the movie. Jeff Goldblum makes his moviedebut here. He playes a punk that rapes Bronsons daughter. Very Creepy.
    ...the first was the best, subsequent movies were just variations on a theme...bloody and uninspired....
    Quite!! But i understand that Bronson did them. He got paid very generously. I read that he got 1,5 million dollars for DW 2. For that time it was crazy money for an actor for a movie. And the first was really good. Number two is ok but the rest are meh to crap. And Bronson was one of those actors that all the time saw what he did as a job, the equivalent of working 9-5, and never as an artform. He was not, unlike Eastwood, interested in standing behind the camera and influencing his own movies. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyNotaro
  • edited May 2021
    We watched THOSE WHO WISH ME DEAD last night. Starring Angelina Jolie, based on the novel by Michael Koryta -- very good indded.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyNotarocat
  • edited May 2021
    We watched THOSE WHO WISH ME DEAD last night. Starring Angelina Jolie, based on the novel by Michael Koryta -- very good indded.
    Oh, here you answered me.  I have it in my queue.  I love the two brothers in the book.

I likened them to Velociraptors.  One quietly dangerous in your face and the other quietly circling you, even more deadly.   Did they stay true to that intensity?
    NotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • They are menacing, ruthless and relentless. My wife cheered at specific moments that I won't mention yet...
    NotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • We watched THOSE WHO WOULD SEE ME DEAD last night. Starring Angelina Jolie, based on the novel by Michael Koryta -- very good indded.
    Those Who Wish Me Dead — right?

how do you pronounce Koryta last name, i think i’ve asked thus before, but can’t remember. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Watched Those Who Wish Me Dead based on Bevs recommendation. He was right, it is good. I think i can guess the moments his wife cheered for......
    NeesyBevVincentNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • Co-ree-ta
    NeesyNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • Co-ree-ta

Are you okay? Did the vaccine affect your speech? ;)

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • Oh - okay - never mind :p

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • Watched, The Woman In The Window, a troubled child psychologist struggling with personal tragedy and with agoraphobia (fear of going outside) begins to doubt her sanity when she thinks she sees her new neighbour being murdered. This borrows heavily from Rear Window but alas falls way short of class involved with the Hitchcock classic. This has a terrific cast which aside from Amy Adams are given literally nothing to do, this could have been a nice quirky thriller but ends up being a bit of a mess with not much going for it. A missed opportunity, not really worth your time. 

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesy
  • Watched, The Strange House, an Austrian horror movie, more of a teen ghost story, a widow and her two sons move to a small town, the house they move into is Haunted by the ghosts of the previous occupants children who were murdered many years previously, the widows kids try to solve the mystery with the help of two local kids. This was ok, it moved along at a nice pace and the performances were good, kinda like a feature length Hardy Boys mysteries. 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbencatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I've been looking at that and wondered if it was worth a peek. Thanks for the review!
    catFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • We watched Those Who Wished Me Dead as well. I was really looking forward to it. I enjoyed the movie but it was quite different from the book. I did not feel the assassins were nearly menacing and scary enough. I approved of the Angelina Jolie character, even with the changes. She is never one who comes to mind for me as a favorite actress, but I do always find her compellingly watchable. The little boy was good. 

I thought it was enjoyable but felt there was a lot left out, and so many changes. My husband was unsatisfied with the ending. He felt it ended too abruptly. (He has not read the book.) 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • James Mason Interviews

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    James Mason Interviews

...his speech pattern always interested me.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    James Mason Interviews

...his speech pattern always interested me.....
    His voice is equal to Burton and Welles in my book. I could listen to him speak all day. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy