Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Notaro said:
    I don't think it's streaming anywhere Hedda, I have it on dvd, there's a superb BBC Radio adaptation on YouTube I think, that's well worth a listen.

Its a great movie, one of the classic Guinness roles. I have it too on DVD.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Greatest British comedy Kind Hearts and Coronets
    That’s pretty cool
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Just watched Kong: Skull Island. Samuel Jackson as the manic one track brain military and Kong as the savior of the island. Brie Larson, John C. Reilly and John Goodwin also has roles. As long as you dont think too hard its a good enough popcorn flick. I saw it as a precursor to the newly released new King Kong movie where he is teamed up against Godzilla i heard. Wonder how that turned out.
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Perfect host ver2jpg

I liked this alot.

The Perfect Host is a 2010 American black comedy / psychological thriller film written and directed by Nick Tomnay, a remake of Tomnay's short film The Host (2001). The film stars David Hyde Pierce and Clayne Crawford 
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Just watched Kong: Skull Island. Samuel Jackson as the manic one track brain military and Kong as the savior of the island. Brie Larson, John C. Reilly and John Goodwin also has roles. As long as you dont think too hard its a good enough popcorn flick. I saw it as a precursor to the newly released new King Kong movie where he is teamed up against Godzilla i heard. Wonder how that turned out.
    ....as you say....good action flick...no real need to engage intellect.....haven't seen the newest yet....
    Godzilla vs King Kong Origins  funny
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • We watched SENIOR MOMENT with William Shatner, Jean Smart and Christopher Lloyd. A cute film.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited April 2021
    Watched, Monster Hunter, a group of soldiers are caught in a strange storm which transports them into an alternative world filled with huge creatures, another movie by Paul W. S. Anderson. Big budget, big special effects, crash bang wallop, this rips off, King Kong, The Lord Of The Rings and strangely Hell In The Pacific, I found this to be a joyless soulless flick, yet another dud from Anderson, how he gets funding for this stuff is beyond me.

Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Watched, Monster Hunter, a group of soldiers are caught in a strange storm which transports them into an alternative world filled with huge creatures, another movie by Paul W. S. Anderson. Big budget, big special effects, crash bang wallop, this rips off, King Kong, The Lord Of The Rings and strangely Hell In The Pacific, I found this to be a joyless soulless flick, yet another dud from Anderson, how he gets funding for this stuff is beyond me.

And i’ll add another 🤣
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • .....well, Milla has officially become the Queen of the video-game adapted movies....still, she's easy on the eye in this and the Resident Evil franchise......
    Milla Jovovich - Rotten Tomatoes

Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • edited April 2021
    Watched Godzilla Vs Kong. Godzilla appears to have gone rogue and attacked a scientific instillation, it's decided to use Kong to try and defeat him, yet another big budget monster mayhem snooze fest, I daresay if I was 12 years old I'd consider it the best thing ever but as it is I thought it was overblown and as dull as dishwasher. The only time it picks up steam is the last fight in Hong Kong where you get double the rubble as the two titans trash the place. If you enjoyed the previous three flicks then you'll lap this up.

FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited April 2021
    Notaro said:
    Watched Godzilla Vs Kong. Godzilla appears to have gone rogue and attacked a scientific instillation, it's decided to use Kong to try and defeat him, yet another big budget monster mayhem snooze fest, I daresay if I was 12 years old I'd consider it the best thing ever but as it is I thought it was overblown and as dull as dishwasher. The only time it picks up steam is the last fight in Hong Kong where you get double the rubble as the two titans trash the place. If you enjoyed the previous three flicks then you'll lap this up.

You do such a great  job of these write-ups, really. 

Have you seen the 11 hour youtube of The Shadow Knows episodes?  Years ago, i found them on cassette so cheap and my oldest son and I listened to them.  We had the best time and he still talks about them.  Some were lol when they weren’t meant to be, and some were quite good. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • ...my dad and I listened to The Shadow....can remember working on the roof of the house with a GE Superadio sitting on the chimney....good times.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Notaro said:

You do such a great  job of these write-ups, really. 

Have you seen the 11 hour youtube of The Shadow Knows episodes?  Years ago, i found them on cassette so cheap and my oldest son and I listened to them.  We had the best time and he still talks about them.  Some were lol when they weren’t meant to be, and some were quite good. 
    I've listened to a bunch of them over the yesrs, especially the ones with Orson Welles, they were available here,

https://archive.org/details/RkoOrsonWelles-TheShadow-RadioRecodings

https://archive.org/details/TheShadowSeason1
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Rewatched The Burrowers, it's 1879, and life is tough in the frontier, when some settlers are found slaughtered and others taken away the locals assume it's the work of an Indian raiding party and they set out to rescue the captives, but they soon discover that something else is responsible.....This is a very enjoyable creature feature, it has a good cast and very good performances. If frontier western horror is your cup of tea then this is for you. 

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched The Burrowers, it's 1879, and life is tough in the frontier, when some settlers are found slaughtered and others taken away the locals assume it's the work of an Indian raiding party and they set out to rescue the captives, but they soon discover that something else is responsible.....This is a very enjoyable creature feature, it has a good cast and very good performances. If frontier western horror is your cup of tea then this is for you. 

...I checked out the critter work.....simple, but good creep factor....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Hadn't heard of the Burrowers before so watched it. Liked it. Good western horror movie.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Rewatched The Fog remake from 2005. A strange fog engulfs a small island and some the islands inhabitants are viciously killed, it seems the islands founding fathers hid a dark secret which has resurfaced.  I didn't really like it when I saw it first so I thought I'd give it another go after 15 years. It does have some good moments but overall it's just a flash looking film with no real bite. Carpenter admits his original movie wasn't scary when they saw it first so they went back and filmed different scenes to add to the movie and the results speak for themselves. This version could have learned from that but instead it's mostly just predictable jump scares. Not really worth watching if the truth be told, watch the original instead.

Hedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched The Fog remake from 2005. A strange fog engulfs a small island and some the islands inhabitants are viciously killed, it seems the islands founding fathers hid a dark secret which has resurfaced.  I didn't really like it when I saw it first so I thought I'd give it another go after 15 years. It does have some good moments but overall it's just a flash looking film with no real bite. Carpenter admits his original movie wasn't scary when they saw it first so they went back and filmed different scenes to add to the movie and the results speak for themselves. This version could have learned from that but instead it's mostly just predictable jump scares. Not really worth watching if the truth be told, watch the original instead.

I love the original. Agree with your assessment. Skip this one.
    NotaroNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched Easter Parade. A classic musical with Fred Astaire, Judy Garland, Ann Miller and Peter Lawford. Several suberb numbers in it and with actors like the above noone is disappointed.
    NotaroNeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited April 2021
    Kurben said:
    Watched Easter Parade. A classic musical with Fred Astaire, Judy Garland, Ann Miller and Peter Lawford. Several suberb numbers in it and with actors like the above noone is disappointed.
    Is this the movie where judy garland is walking down the street making faces so men will turn and look at her — while astaire follows  behind watching??  I forget why? Did they have a bet?
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    Watched Easter Parade. A classic musical with Fred Astaire, Judy Garland, Ann Miller and Peter Lawford. Several suberb numbers in it and with actors like the above noone is disappointed.
    Is this the movie where judy garland is walking down the street making faces so men will turn and look at her — while astaire follows  behind watching??  I forget why? Did they have a bet?
    Thats the one! The reason was more that Astaire had said to her that she had the capability to turn mens head around which she didn't believe so he made her go in front. She first tried smiling  with no result then she made faces. Astaire said "Now you've got it!" and she quickly looked normal again.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTnot_nadineNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched The Fog remake from 2005. A strange fog engulfs a small island and some the islands inhabitants are viciously killed, it seems the islands founding fathers hid a dark secret which has resurfaced.  I didn't really like it when I saw it first so I thought I'd give it another go after 15 years. It does have some good moments but overall it's just a flash looking film with no real bite. Carpenter admits his original movie wasn't scary when they saw it first so they went back and filmed different scenes to add to the movie and the results speak for themselves. This version could have learned from that but instead it's mostly just predictable jump scares. Not really worth watching if the truth be told, watch the original instead.

...the novel of the same name-by James Herbert is not related to the movie, but is a good read....
    NotaroFlakeNoirNeesy