Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Revolution of the Daleks.
    There are reports that Jodie Whittaker is leaving the show after the upcoming series.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • When contacted by Digital Spy, the BBC responded: "We won't be commenting on any speculation around Jodie's future on the show."
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • edited January 2021
    I was reading on this the other day and the skuttlebutt is julia walters is coming in.   I love jodie and hope she stays, she’s just getting in her groove. 

Since we’re insisting on creative content being all woke, why don’t we go with an Asian doctor?  Have we had an Asian doctor?  And i want it to be Jackie Chan.  Totally wrong for the part but i would laugh so hard at the flurry of kick-ass he would rain down on the stiff tin-can daleks and robotic cybermen.  

Clean up on aisle Earth. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Julia FOSTER!!!!! Not julia walters. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • edited January 2021
    I was reading on this the other day and the skuttlebutt is julia walters is coming in.   I love jodie and hope she stays, she’s just getting in her groove. 

Since we’re insisting on creative content being all woke, why don’t we go with an Asian doctor?  Have we had an Asian doctor?  And i want it to be Jackie Chan.  Totally wrong for the part but i would laugh so hard at the flurry of kick-ass he would rain down on the stiff tin-can daleks and robotic cybermen.  

Clean up on aisle Earth. 
    I love Jackie Chan. I would totally nerd out on "The Who" (not the band... well yes the band too) if Jackie was The Doctor. Absolutely. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Saw Mulan, the one with real actors and liked it much more than i thought i would. Wellmade warrior epic. It certainly wont go to movie history but its very far from bad. 
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    Saw Mulan, the one with real actors and liked it much more than i thought i would. Wellmade warrior epic. It certainly wont go to movie history but its very far from bad. 
    We watched it, too, and my feeling is exactly like yours -- I liked it far more than I expected. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenNeesyGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Saw the movie Contact with Jodie Foster recently, for the first time - wasn't too bad!

I know - this movie was made in 1997 and no, I do not live in a cave

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • The book it's based on is very good indeed.
    NeesyFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • The book it's based on is very good indeed.

Is the book also called Contact? I would be interested in ordering this through my library

• Neesy said:
    The book it's based on is very good indeed.

Is the book also called Contact? I would be interested in ordering this through my library

Yes -- it was written by Carl Sagan.
    NeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • edited January 2021
    Neesy said:
    The book it's based on is very good indeed.

Yes -- it was written by Carl Sagan.

Thanks!

(Okay - now that I've looked it up I AM starting to wonder about myself) We need a facepalm emoji :p
  • Watched Alive, a Korean zombie flick, not bad, I enjoyed it.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Watched Collision (2013), about a carcrash in the Sahara none of the survivors is a good guy and all has agendas. I ended up cheering for the bad girl because that was the one that appealed to me but of course that was not to be. Ok but not more, no big names, the two best actors i rhought were the ones that seemed to be of northafrican origin.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Watched Collision (2013), about a carcrash in the Sahara none of the survivors is a good guy and all has agendas. I ended up cheering for the bad girl because that was the one that appealed to me but of course that was not to be. Ok but not more, no big names, the two best actors i rhought were the ones that seemed to be of northafrican origin.
    Collision 2013 - Video Detective
    NotaroHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    Watched Collision (2013), about a carcrash in the Sahara none of the survivors is a good guy and all has agendas. I ended up cheering for the bad girl because that was the one that appealed to me but of course that was not to be. Ok but not more, no big names, the two best actors i rhought were the ones that seemed to be of northafrican origin.
    Thats her!! Not a very nice girl but the others were arseholes too....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:

I think her name is Jaimie Alexander

NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:

I think her name is Jaimie Alexander

Never heard of her before, i'll admit. But i cheered for her!!!
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • ....it is indeed Jaimie Alexander, and if you've seen any of the Thor movies-those are probably here biggest appearances to date.....

Jaimie Alexander Wants To Return In Thor Love and Thunder...Lady Sif......
    Hedda GablerKurbenNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Watched Veronica, a Spanish horror possession movie, I enjoyed it,

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • ....re-watched the original Wonder Woman movie.....that Ms. Gadot is quite fetching....

Gal Gadot didnt do reshoots for Zack Snyders Justice League
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Watched Dracula Untold with Luke Evans, Dominic Cooper and Charles Dance. Its a fantasy/horror version of the story of Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler) and how he chose to be a vampire to save his country from the turks. Not a masterpiece but fun to see a movie trying to fix this historic person into the dracula myth. In real life he was a prince in a part of Rumania and often fought Turks. Stoker just borrowed his name, Dracula (means son of the dragon), in spite of never having anything to do with vampires before Stoker.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Watched Dracula Untold with Luke Evans, Dominic Cooper and Charles Dance. Its a fantasy/horror version of the story of Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler) and how he chose to be a vampire to save his country from the turks. Not a masterpiece but fun to see a movie trying to fix this historic person into the dracula myth. In real life he was a prince in a part of Rumania and often fought Turks. Stoker just borrowed his name, Dracula (means son of the dragon), in spite of never having anything to do with vampires before Stoker.
    ......the old Impaler was certainly a monster in his own right.......Romanian defense minister Ioan Mircea Pașcu asserted that Vlad would have been condemned for crimes against humanity had he been put on trial at Nuremberg......his methods were effective, but horrendous.......
    FlakeNoirNeesy