Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Watched Straight Outta Compton. The story of the group N. W. A.  I thought this was pretty good,  even if you're not a fan of rap there's a lot to enjoy here. The performance were all really good. I liked N. W. A. 's stuff, they had some excellent tracks, it was interesting to see the story behind it all.

....they were and ARE a major force in the genre.....it's funny, I have grown to appreciate rap more as I've gotten older....used to make me want to chase kids off my lawn, and I was a kid!!....
    Get Offa My Lawn  MyFigureCollectionnet
    I used to work in a record shop, it was predominantly metal and blues sold in it. One day a delivery came in and I opened it up and Straight Outta Compton album was inside, I just looked at the shop owner and asked "what the fcuk are you getting this stuff in for" he said he'd heard good things about the group and wanted to see if it would sell, I put it on and it just blew me away, I'd never heard anything like it before. I took it with me when I let that evening. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircatNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Watched Straight Outta Compton. The story of the group N. W. A.  I thought this was pretty good,  even if you're not a fan of rap there's a lot to enjoy here. The performance were all really good. I liked N. W. A. 's stuff, they had some excellent tracks, it was interesting to see the story behind it all.

....they were and ARE a major force in the genre.....it's funny, I have grown to appreciate rap more as I've gotten older....used to make me want to chase kids off my lawn, and I was a kid!!....
    Get Offa My Lawn  MyFigureCollectionnet
    I used to work in a record shop, it was predominantly metal and blues sold in it. One day a delivery came in and I opened it up and Straight Outta Compton album was inside, I just looked at the shop owner and asked "what the fcuk are you getting this stuff in for" he said he'd heard good things about the group and wanted to see if it would sell, I put it on and it just blew me away, I'd never heard anything like it before. I took it with me when I let that evening. 

People Are Creating Hilarious Memes Of Straight Outta Compton And Its  Gone Way Too Far
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircatNeesy
  • Not a movie, a segment of Orson Welles answering questions on stage in Dublin in 1960....

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • I watched a sweet movie on Amazon prime:  The Peanut Butter Falcon.  Very touching. (I can't remember if I told Bev I watched Vast of Night - LOVED IT.  Totally my kind of movie. Enola Holmes - exactly right, Bev - charming! 
    catHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNT
  • Not a movie, YouTube clips, probably one of the most remarkable human beings on the planet....

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • We watched Instant Family tonight, based on a true story a couple take us through the woes of fostering three children.
    This was so well done, I very much like Mark Wahlberg and he didn't disappoint. This was in equal measures hilarious and excruciatingly painful. 

NotaroBevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • We watched that one when it was first released OnDemand -- it was cute.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • @Notaro I'm going to watch that very soon!! 

I watched The Chef recently - I think it was on Amazon Prime  - very cute, not too deep - just an interesting story. This little gem was in it for a minute:

FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • We watched ON THE ROCKS on Apple TV+ last night. Stars Rashida Jones and Bill Murray. It took a while to get going and I was tempted to quit it, but once Bill Murray arrives, it picks up. Not nearly good as LOST IN TRANSLATION, but it's worth sticking with it until the end.
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • REBECCA - Netflix
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I have been thinking about the movie The Lighthouse.  There is this beautiful desk that opens up and closes, looks like a chest of drawers when closed up.  It was the Captain's desk.   I so want a desk like this. Gorgeous piece of furniture.  And I was wondering if it had a name.

So, I went looking for what you would call this type of desk. I didn't find that, but I found this site talking about movie set decorations.   And it looks like a fantastic place with a wealth of information about movies.  I am so thrilled I found it as I will be reading about other movies as well.  I pay attention to the look of a movie, so this is just a grand discovery!

So, if you are interested in the set designs of your favorite TV shows and movies, check it out.  

Here is the link to The Lighthouse set.  Anyone know the name of that type of desk?

https://www.setdecorators.org/?name=Robert-Eggers-THE-LIGHTHOUSE&art=directors_chair_features&SHOW=directors_chair_Robert_Eggers
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I have been thinking about the movie The Lighthouse.  There is this beautiful desk that opens up and closes, looks like a chest of drawers when closed up.  It was the Captain's desk.   I so want a desk like this. Gorgeous piece of furniture.  And I was wondering if it had a name.

So, I went looking for what you would call this type of desk. I didn't find that, but I found this site talking about movie set decorations.   And it looks like a fantastic place with a wealth of information about movies.  I am so thrilled I found it as I will be reading about other movies as well.  I pay attention to the look of a movie, so this is just a grand discovery!

So, if you are interested in the set designs of your favorite TV shows and movies, check it out.  

Here is the link to The Lighthouse set.  Anyone know the name of that type of desk?

https://www.setdecorators.org/?name=Robert-Eggers-THE-LIGHTHOUSE&art=directors_chair_features&SHOW=directors_chair_Robert_Eggers
    It looks like the Victorian Wooten desk Deejers? 

Link
    NotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited October 2020
    FlakeNoir said:
    I have been thinking about the movie The Lighthouse.  There is this beautiful desk that opens up and closes, looks like a chest of drawers when closed up.  It was the Captain's desk.   I so want a desk like this. Gorgeous piece of furniture.  And I was wondering if it had a name.

It looks like the Victorian Wooten desk Deejers? 

Link
    Yes, that’s it, but not as tall and massive looking though.  It was gorgeous.

on that site, they have an article about Dr. Sleep and set design. Haven’t read it yet but could be interesting.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy

....I did some checking about, but came slam up against a big wall of nothing.....it appears to be a custom piece, but would generically be known I would think-as a lighthouse storage desk.....or some damn thing like that....maybe Ms. Jackson if yer nasty.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I have been thinking about the movie The Lighthouse.  There is this beautiful desk that opens up and closes, looks like a chest of drawers when closed up.  It was the Captain's desk.   I so want a desk like this. Gorgeous piece of furniture.  And I was wondering if it had a name.

....I did some checking about, but came slam up against a big wall of nothing.....it appears to be a custom piece, but would generically be known I would think-as a lighthouse storage desk.....or some damn thing like that....maybe Ms. Jackson if yer nasty.....
    They show a picture of it on that site opened up, but I don't remember it being that big. I'm going to have to watch the movie again.  It seemed smaller to me than that picture.  Maybe there were two desks?
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:

They show a picture of it on that site opened up, but I don't remember it being that big. I'm going to have to watch the movie again.  It seemed smaller to me than that picture.  Maybe there were two desks?
    Maybe GIFs  Tenor
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I'm watching High Plains Drifter -- I can't even tell you how many times I've watched this thing.

This, Play Misty For Me and The Beguiled are my favorite Clint movies.  I will watch them over and over happily.

Don't even get me started on how Hollywood totally f*cked up The Beguiled with the new lame version with Nicole Kidman.  

Screwing with creative content because God forbid we discuss real history and real issues.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTnot_nadineNeesy
  • Well, I am no longer an "Alien" virgin, just saying.
    It was great, a truly fantastic film and absolutely deserved its Oscar for best visual effects. 

NotaroHedda Gablernot_nadineGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Well, I am no longer an "Alien" virgin, just saying.
    It was great, a truly fantastic film and absolutely deserved its Oscar for best visual effects. 

Glad you enjoyed it Flakes 😎
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:

Great! Next up 'Aliens' !  It's a real good one as well..
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:

The next Alien movie i want to see  funny
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:

Yes, I have this one now and am planning on watching it this weekend if I get the chance. :)
    Notaronot_nadineHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Yes, I have this one now and am planning on watching it this weekend if I get the chance. :)
    Cool, I think you're going to really enjoy it Flakes 😎
    FlakeNoirnot_nadineHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Cool, I think you're going to really enjoy it Flakes

I liked it better than the first one!
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy