Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    I've gotten caught up in this show called "Cruel Summer" on HULU.....it goes against everything I like in a show and I should hate it...but I don't, and I don't know why....one of the weirdest plots I've ever seen in a show, it keeps flashing back to events on the same day in 1995.1996, and 1997. Every week I tell myself I'm not going to watch it anymore then I do......it's weird...
    ...it's cuz yer an idjit...how many times I gotsta remind ya there Benny?....
    Gotsta remind me a lot, my brains got the dumbs....

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshadoyoulove19Neesy
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    I've gotten caught up in this show called "Cruel Summer" on HULU.....it goes against everything I like in a show and I should hate it...but I don't, and I don't know why....one of the weirdest plots I've ever seen in a show, it keeps flashing back to events on the same day in 1995.1996, and 1997. Every week I tell myself I'm not going to watch it anymore then I do......it's weird...
    ...it's cuz yer an idjit...how many times I gotsta remind ya there Benny?....
    Gotsta remind me a lot, my brains got the dumbs....

I cannot brain today I has the dumb
    FlakeNoirghost19Hedda GablerMarshadoyoulove19Neesy
  • Just rediscovered The Kominsky Method -- Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. I'd enjoyed S1 and forgot about it. Now I have two seasons to catch up on.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarsha
  • ghost19 said:
    Started watching this and it gave me an old kellie Martin movie where she kills tori spelling. Just barely scratched the surface and had to leave so will report back. 😜
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarshadoyoulove19FlakeNoir
  • Okay you Line of Duty people, i was definitely not swept up in that first episode until the last 5 minutes. Then things took  an interesting turn. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • ghost19 said:
    Okay, this is good. You definitely have to stay focused to bounce around in time, but, this is way superior in storytelling  than Mare of Easttown.  I’m caught up too. 

There are two episodes left and hopefully they don’t screw the pooch, a lizard and three gerbils to take us to the conclusion.  I am optimistic it stays the course. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenghost19FlakeNoirMarshadoyoulove19
  • ...what about the hamster??....Hammy needs hot lovin' too....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirMarshadoyoulove19
  • The first season was really good -- pleased to see it's coming back

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshadoyoulove19
  • ghost19 said:
    Okay, this is good. You definitely have to stay focused to bounce around in time, but, this is way superior in storytelling  than Mare of Easttown.  I’m caught up too. 

There are two episodes left and hopefully they don’t screw the pooch, a lizard and three gerbils to take us to the conclusion.  I am optimistic it stays the course. 

I'm guessing they're going to go for a cliffhanger in order to give it another season? I'm still trying to figure out why I like this show. The main character, Jeanette, is doing a REALLY good job of playing all of her roles. Such an oddball show.....
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroMarshadoyoulove19Neesy
  • ghost19 said:
    ghost19 said:

I'm guessing they're going to go for a cliffhanger in order to give it another season? I'm still trying to figure out why I like this show. The main character, Jeanette, is doing a REALLY good job of playing all of her roles. Such an oddball show.....
    ...and who would know oddball better than you???....

KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroghost19Marshadoyoulove19
  • Okay you Line of Duty people, i was definitely not swept up in that first episode until the last 5 minutes. Then things took  an interesting turn. 
    I'm loving this show, am on season 3 now. 
    I think I'm less of a hard sell than you though.

Did you ever get the new Casketeers? I think I'm a whole 2 seasons behind now,  have been waiting for you to get it.
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • I loved Line of Duty -- I really hope they come back for a seventh series.

The Innocent is intriguing. I thought I was watching a different show when I saw the second episode. Nothing at all to do with the first episode until the final seconds.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited June 2021
    FlakeNoir said:
    Okay you Line of Duty people, i was definitely not swept up in that first episode until the last 5 minutes. Then things took  an interesting turn. 

Did you ever get the new Casketeers? I think I'm a whole 2 seasons behind now,  have been waiting for you to get it.
    I’m on the last episode of season one. They are doing something that is irritating and I hope they don’t continue it.  They have moments of filming where it’s like they have a handheld camera and they shakily zoom-in for reaction shots. Or come in from a different angle all jump cut, trying for tension.  It’s getting comical. Like they were filming a reality show, or a technique they used on episodes of The Office. Only these guys aren’t playing to the camera. Every time they do it, and they do it a lot, i groan. It doesn’t add to the suspense or ramp up the action. The  storyline is interesting so i’ll finish this season and see how season two goes. 

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Okay you Line of Duty people, i was definitely not swept up in that first episode until the last 5 minutes. Then things took  an interesting turn. 

I’m on the last episode of season one. They are doing something that is irritating and I hope they don’t continue it.  They have moments of filming where it’s like they have a handheld camera and they shakily zoom-in for reaction shots. Or come in from a different angle all jump cut, trying for tension.  It’s getting comical. Like they were filming a reality show, or a technique they used on episodes of The Office. Only these guys aren’t playing to the camera. Every time they do it, and they do it a lot, i groan. It doesn’t add to the suspense or ramp up the action. The  storyline is interesting so i’ll finish this season and see how season two goes. 

I think I noticed that initially and then just dismissed it once the story hooked me in. 😁
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited June 2021
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

I think I noticed that initially and then just dismissed it once the story hooked me in. 😁
    I think i will too. 

I looked up the cinematographer and that person changes in season 3.  so hopefully that style choice changes.   the same guy films season 1 and 2.  So being as the show is wildly popular and praised, i don’t see him changing up his way of filming for season 2.  It’s not broke for most people, so why fix it?  

It’s just a choice they are making that i don’t care for but hopefully it doesn’t stick out quite so much as i continue on. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • FlakeNoir said:

And no! No new season of Casketeers. I don’t know what the problem is. I was hoping britbox had it, but nada. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • FlakeNoir said:

And no! No new season of Casketeers. I don’t know what the problem is. I was hoping britbox had it, but nada. 
    😟 I hope you get it soon
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • I half think that Line of Duty is making fun of itself at times. You'll notice that the annoying buzz at the beginning of interrogations seems to get longer and longer each season -- someone finally comments on it during Season 6, I think. There are a number of quirks where it seems like they're either lampooning themselves or other cop shows.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroMarshaNeesy
  • I half think that Line of Duty is making fun of itself at times. You'll notice that the annoying buzz at the beginning of interrogations seems to get longer and longer each season -- someone finally comments on it during Season 6, I think. There are a number of quirks where it seems like they're either lampooning themselves or other cop shows.
    That’s an interesting thought to keep in my mind.  I never looked at this as anything other than a serious cop show, so that one element was keeping me at arms length a bit. If this is lampooning, then i can shift my head to that.  That would make it more enjoyable knowing this was purposely done for those reasons you say. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroMarsha
    I was thinking this about the buzzer too. 😁
    NotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Nope nope nope nope — not liking this one bit. 

I am so anxious with the use and abuse of the handicapable person.  Not liking that at all. 

NotaroMarshaGNTLGNT

I am so anxious with the use and abuse of the handicapable person.  Not liking that at all. 

What? Need more info... I'm old and instantly forget past detail. 😬

If it's Nigel, just relax and keep watching. 😁
  • The down syndrome guy — the girl hit him. And they made fun of him. And they stashed a body in his apartment. 

NotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • The down syndrome guy — the girl hit him. And they made fun of him. And they stashed a body in his apartment. 

Oh yes! I f'king hated this too! Not okay, totally not okay!!!
    Hedda GablerNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT