Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• cat said:
    Just watched the Friends Reunion on HBO max. I know there are lots of haters out there for this show, but...

I was  20  when it started. I was mostly alone, with a kid...they were my friends. I grew up with them. Got married, had another kid while it was on. My daughter is super into it now, too and has seen all the episodes. We share a love of the show, which I love. I still let the reruns fry on the TV and laugh and laugh. Never get tired of them. 

While I was a little disappointed it was a reunion type show instead of a new episode, it was awesome to see them all together again and reminiscing. It made me laugh, brought tears, had me feeling all the feels. Worth the watch if you were a fan. 
    I watched this last night, it was great. Friends was my dinner time tv show for years and years, loved it. 
    catNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • I also watched. Still think Friends was the best of its kind. Nice to see them again.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcatHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Neesy
  • cat said:
    Just watched the Friends Reunion on HBO max. I know there are lots of haters out there for this show, but...

I was  20  when it started. I was mostly alone, with a kid...they were my friends. I grew up with them. Got married, had another kid while it was on. My daughter is super into it now, too and has seen all the episodes. We share a love of the show, which I love. I still let the reruns fry on the TV and laugh and laugh. Never get tired of them. 

While I was a little disappointed it was a reunion type show instead of a new episode, it was awesome to see them all together again and reminiscing. It made me laugh, brought tears, had me feeling all the feels. Worth the watch if you were a fan. 
    .....that's what it's all about....great memories.......and the sharing of same.....
    FlakeNoircatNotaroHedda GablerNeesy
  • I've just finished season 1 of Line of Duty. 
    I was unprepared for that ending! 😧
    Also...another day, another dog. Good God. 

Excellent series though. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Hastings says “Mother of God” at least once an episode. He has many other repeat sayings. Now we’re cooking with gas!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • edited May 2021
    Line of Duty: Episode 1 season 2...  :o  (the window/hospital scene) 😳

Also Bev, do they kill an animal in every season? It's just that the 'bent cop' in this season has a cat, I think I'd like to be forewarned. 😧
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • I don't remember many animals being killed.

The window/hospital scene really took me by surprise, too. The actress was the original lead on Call the Midwife and I was really happy to see her showing up in this show. 

The end of the first episode of each season always has something totally unexpected.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • My wife and I are enjoying HACKS on HBO (Jean Smart) and an anthology series on Amazon called SOLOS that has episodes featuring Anne Hatheway, Helen Mirren and Morgan Freeman.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • I liked the Friends reunion show on HBO Max. Good to see them all together again.
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbencatGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • I am pretty blah about the season finale of Mare of Easttown.   One of the more lackluster finishes to a series for me.  Reveals weren’t that interesting or surprising.  I wasn’t on the edge of my seat.  Just a whole lot of meh. Boring. I was completely bored. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Hastings says “Mother of God” at least once an episode. He has many other repeat sayings. Now we’re cooking with gas!
    Hastings is great, I really like him.

Still on season 2...

This Lyndsey Denton... OMG, what a web! I stopped believing her very early on.

They've just got DCC Mike Dryden in for questioning. 

And behind it all is the puppet master, the real "Caddy". Jeez... but obviously, there is someone above him, but I don't think it was just Tommy. I feel like somebody was higher than him, or am I wrong? 🤔

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited June 2021
    Not reading your spoilers Flakers .
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited June 2021
    NB — I’ve got a doc bookmarked called Sophie. A murder in west cork. 

Are you familiar with the case and if so, do they catch the killer?  Was this big news your way? You can tell me all, I will still watch no matter. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • NB — I’ve got a doc bookmarked called Sophie. A murder in west cork. 

Are you familiar with the case and if so, do they catch the killer?  Was this big news your way? You can tell me all, I will still watch no matter. 
    Yes Hedda I'm familiar with the case, it was big news here for a long time.

There was only ever one serious suspect, a guy called Ian Bailey. He was actually convicted in absentia in France and sentenced to 25 years but the Irish courts have refused to extradite him so he remains a free man here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Bailey_extradition_attempts

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/mystery-sophie-toscan-du-plantiers-22487992

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • edited June 2021
    Notaro said:

There was only ever one serious suspect, a guy called Ian Bailey. He was actually convicted in absentia in France and sentenced to 25 years but the Irish courts have refused to extradite him so he remains a free man here.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/mystery-sophie-toscan-du-plantiers-22487992

I ‘m confused. If the crime happened  in Ireland, why isn’t he in jail in Ireland? She’s french yes, but the killing happened in Cork.  The french legal system has nothing to do with this other than she was french. The killer was Irish and the killing was on Irish soil. 
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:

I ‘m confused. If the crime happened  in Ireland, why isn’t he in jail in Ireland? She’s french yes, but the killing happened in Cork.  The french legal system has nothing to do with this other than she was french. The killer was Irish and the killing was on Irish soil. 
    He isn't in jail in Ireland because as far as I can remember he was never charged with the crime here. The French authorities are convinced it was him but the Irish courts and police disagree. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

He isn't in jail in Ireland because as far as I can remember he was never charged with the crime here. The French authorities are convinced it was him but the Irish courts and police disagree. 
    Ahhh, i see.
    FlakeNoirNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • I am pretty blah about the season finale of Mare of Easttown.   One of the more lackluster finishes to a series for me.  Reveals weren’t that interesting or surprising.  I wasn’t on the edge of my seat.  Just a whole lot of meh. Boring. I was completely bored. 
    Wow. I must have watched a different ending than most people. They are orgasmic over this show. 

I thought the production was top notch. A very powerhouse group of actors that gave performances that only true artists can give — all of them. But,  the story! Come on! The storylines just dropped like flies after so much potential!  
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTNotarodoyoulove19
  • Started Sons of Anarchy over with my husband, I had watched 4 seasons earlier on my own but he has not seen any. We are done with it now, he loved how it ended, I hated it. 

Moved on to The Mayans. I am not enjoying it as much as Sons. But will watch with hubby. Finishing up season 1 tonight. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • cat said:
    Started Sons of Anarchy over with my husband, I had watched 4 seasons earlier on my own but he has not seen any. We are done with it now, he loved how it ended, I hated it. 

Moved on to The Mayans. I am not enjoying it as much as Sons. But will watch with hubby. Finishing up season 1 tonight. 
     Loooooooved SOA. Hated the ending, bawled my eyes out. 
    NotarocatMarshaKurbenghost19Hedda GablerGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • FlakeNoir said:
    cat said:
    Started Sons of Anarchy over with my husband, I had watched 4 seasons earlier on my own but he has not seen any. We are done with it now, he loved how it ended, I hated it. 

Loooooooved SOA. Hated the ending, bawled my eyes out. 

One of the best shows ever....

catNeesyFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshadoyoulove19
  • I've gotten caught up in this show called "Cruel Summer" on HULU.....it goes against everything I like in a show and I should hate it...but I don't, and I don't know why....one of the weirdest plots I've ever seen in a show, it keeps flashing back to events on the same day in 1995.1996, and 1997. Every week I tell myself I'm not going to watch it anymore then I do......it's weird...
    KurbenNeesyFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshadoyoulove19
  • cat said:

I just caught part of it but it was good - was waiting for Janice to come on with her signature laugh so was happy to see them bring a few guests on as well

KurbenFlakeNoircatHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshadoyoulove19
  • ghost19 said:
    I've gotten caught up in this show called "Cruel Summer" on HULU.....it goes against everything I like in a show and I should hate it...but I don't, and I don't know why....one of the weirdest plots I've ever seen in a show, it keeps flashing back to events on the same day in 1995.1996, and 1997. Every week I tell myself I'm not going to watch it anymore then I do......it's weird...
    ...it's cuz yer an idjit...how many times I gotsta remind ya there Benny?....
    KurbenNotaroMarshaghost19FlakeNoirHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Neesy