Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Bred Any Good Rooks Lately?

Comments

• @Grant87

hey there. I looked at your link to story submissions when you posted it and I’m picking your brain — there was one that was open till feb. 28th. It was horror i think. I don’t write horror so I just glanced at it. It did say specifically that they didn’t want a bunch of covid stories, but would consider them if good. I’ve tried to find it again, but can’t be sure it was one from that link. I could have seen it on someone else’s twitter. 

Does it ring any bells to you?
    Found it!

BagofBones Press.

'2022 Annus Horribilis' Submission Call
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarshacat
  • @Grant87

hey there. I looked at your link to story submissions when you posted it and I’m picking your brain — there was one that was open till feb. 28th. It was horror i think. I don’t write horror so I just glanced at it. It did say specifically that they didn’t want a bunch of covid stories, but would consider them if good. I’ve tried to find it again, but can’t be sure it was one from that link. I could have seen it on someone else’s twitter. 

Found it!

BagofBones Press.

Good deal! Sorry, I don't look too closely at the submission calls myself. Good luck to you though, if you make a submission!
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarshacatHedda Gabler
  • Currently reading The First 21 by Nikki Sixx.   It's very interesting so far, and really explains a lot of why he was the was he was.   
    I'm still really pissed off about the whole Motley Crue final tour that turned out to not be final after all.....and according to Sixx, the stadium tour was his idea, so I'm pissed off at him, specifically.  Still an interesting read.  I'm always fascinated to read about people's lives and the experiences that shape them into who they are.
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarshacatFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • I finished Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay yesterday. Started my re-read of Gwendy's Button Box last night and should finish it today. Tomorrow, I'll start on Gwendy's Magic Feather.
    GNTLGNTMarshacatFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Grant87 said:
    I finished Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay yesterday. Started my re-read of Gwendy's Button Box last night and should finish it today. Tomorrow, I'll start on Gwendy's Magic Feather.
    ...finished my re-read a couple of weeks ago, now to just idle time away waiting for the delivery from CD of the final installment......which means I could probably have plenty of time to touch up the paint in the Sistine Chapel if it needs it....
    MarshacatFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I’ve been listening to Levar Burton’s podcast more and more. So many great short story writers.  

One. Just one good short story is all I want to write. I’m not greedy. 
    You already have! 
    Did you get any feedback from that one yet?
    Bwahaha!!! First, They got delayed.  Then, they completely shut down with the hopes of someday coming back.  So, i am free to submit it elsewhere or with them again if they rise from the ashes. 

Where i submitted it was for gothic, but it really isn’t at all.  Not even close but i thought i could make a case for it because people kept trying to steer me that way.  They were seeing that. Why? I’m still unclear. 

I don’t know where it fits. It’s not gothic. It’s not horror, suspense, intrigue, western, romance, sci fi, biography, self help, home improvement.

it’s fiction about superstition and old time religion and a little girl. 

What the hell is it?  Where does it fit?

Mainstream fiction is the catchall for non-specific genre material.

NotaroKurbencatFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Grant87 said:
    I finished Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay yesterday. Started my re-read of Gwendy's Button Box last night and should finish it today. Tomorrow, I'll start on Gwendy's Magic Feather.
    ...finished my re-read a couple of weeks ago, now to just idle time away waiting for the delivery from CD of the final installment......which means I could probably have plenty of time to touch up the paint in the Sistine Chapel if it needs it....
    That's what I'm afraid of. I actually finished Gwendy's Button Box earlier on my lunch break, so I'll start on Magic Feather tonight.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoircatGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Grant87 said:
    @Grant87

Found it!

BagofBones Press.

Good deal! Sorry, I don't look too closely at the submission calls myself. Good luck to you though, if you make a submission!
    Thanks! I have an idea — the execution is what gets troublesome. 😄
    FlakeNoirGrant87catNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited February 2022
    Okay, in reading their guidelines, you give them the rights to your story indefinitely for anything they want to use it for — and global rights. 

Look. I’ve never published anything in my life but I’m not that desperate that I would forfeit my rights to my own story.  Most places, your rights revert back to you after they publish it and I like that idea.

i’ll write my little story and tuck it away.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaNotarocat
  • Closing in on the ending of Finders Keepers. 

I have a handful of King books I must get read! Stay focused.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaNotarocat
  • Okay, in reading their guidelines, you give them the rights to your story indefinitely for anything they want to use it for — and global rights. 

Look. I’ve never published anything in my life but I’m not that desperate that I would forfeit my rights to my own story.  Most places, your rights revert back to you after they publish it and I like that idea.

I hate the idea of someone having indefinite rights to your story! It's a fantastic read. And yours. Don't give them that one.
    I'm reading this in a hurry, possibly I've misunderstood?
    GNTLGNTMarshaKurbenNotarocat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Okay, in reading their guidelines, you give them the rights to your story indefinitely for anything they want to use it for — and global rights. 

I hate the idea of someone having indefinite rights to your story! It's a fantastic read. And yours. Don't give them that one.
    Different story
    GNTLGNTMarshaKurbenNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • Grant87 said:
    @Grant87

Found it!

BagofBones Press.

Thanks! I have an idea — the execution is what gets troublesome. 😄
    ....spoken like Marie Antoinette.....
    MarshaKurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Witty boy…🤣
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • I finished Jodi Picoult's Handle With Care the other night. I always enjoy her stories, she picks topics and then makes you think about both sides of the issue. This one was no different in that respect but I was so angered by the ending! I honestly think, had I been reading a physical copy and not on my kindle, I would have thrown the darn thing across the room. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • edited February 2022
    cat said:
    I finished Jodi Picoult's Handle With Care the other night. I always enjoy her stories, she picks topics and then makes you think about both sides of the issue. This one was no different in that respect but I was so angered by the ending! I honestly think, had I been reading a physical copy and not on my kindle, I would have thrown the darn thing across the room. 
    That’s a good book! When you want to throw  it.  

That means it got under your skin. 
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • cat said:
    I finished Jodi Picoult's Handle With Care the other night. I always enjoy her stories, she picks topics and then makes you think about both sides of the issue. This one was no different in that respect but I was so angered by the ending! I honestly think, had I been reading a physical copy and not on my kindle, I would have thrown the darn thing across the room. 
    That’s a good book! When you want to throw  it.  

That means it got under your skin. 
    It did. A lot. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • FlakeNoir said:

Different story
    Oh, whew! Not to say the next one won't be similar in quality, I just think your first is always special. 
    Hedda GablercatNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • ....got an email yesterday from CD.....Final Task has shipped!!......even by Sloth Express that's impressive.....
    NotarocatKurbenGrant87Hedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Oh, must check my email!
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....got an email yesterday from CD.....Final Task has shipped!!......even by Sloth Express that's impressive.....
    I'll be watching my email like a hawk now. Finishing up Magic Feather tonight.

Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....got an email yesterday from CD.....Final Task has shipped!!......even by Sloth Express that's impressive.....
    Yep, i’ve been notified!
    catFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Yep, i’ve been notified!
    Now I feel like the kid getting picked last for dodgeball.

catFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Grant87 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Yep, i’ve been notified!
    Now I feel like the kid getting picked last for dodgeball.

I'm there with ya. 😆 No notification for me yet either. I bet we have ours soon though!
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Started Times Eye by Arthur C. Clarke & Stephen Baxter. Started Real good. Its like they are inspiring each other.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatMarsha