Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Bred Any Good Rooks Lately?

Comments

• edited September 2021
    Hey everyone !  Marsha’s book, Arizona Dreams, is available to order today!

Good luck with your launch! And Congratulations!!!

FlakeNoirMarshaspideymanBevVincentcatnot_nadineGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • Had mine on pre-order... I felt like such a grown-up! 😁

All the best for the official launch, M! 💜
    Hedda GablerMarshaspideymanBevVincentcatGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • Hey everyone !  Marsha’s book, Arizona Dreams, is available to order today!

Good luck with your launch! And Congratulations!!!

FlakeNoir said:
    Had mine on pre-order... I felt like such a grown-up! 😁

All the best for the official launch, M! 💜

Was not expecting this, but thank you, guys. <3 I'm nervous as the proverbial cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
    FlakeNoirspideymanBevVincentHedda GablerKurbencatGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • @BevVincent ;  Feel free to delete this as I don't want to cross any lines about self-promoting, but I notice DJ's link goes to B&N. My book is available through the other online booksellers as well and I have those direct links on my website or you can PM me if anyone is interested.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbencatGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • Congratulations and manifesting a great success.  Downloaded it this morning. Can't  wait to begin the adventure. 
    MarshaFlakeNoirBevVincentHedda GablerKurbencatGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • spideyman said:
    Congratulations and manifesting a great success.  Downloaded it this morning. Can't  wait to begin the adventure. 

Hope you like it but don't be afraid to let me know if you didn't. Maybe privately, though. :D
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerspideymanKurbencatGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • I tweeted the link to your website -- congratulations on publication day! 

I'm nearing the end of the latest Fannie Flagg novel, which I read to my wife each evening. I think I'll pick up a copy of Arizona Dreams for our next evening read!
    FlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerspideymanKurbencatGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • I tweeted the link to your website -- congratulations on publication day! 

I'm nearing the end of the latest Fannie Flagg novel, which I read to my wife each evening. I think I'll pick up a copy of Arizona Dreams for our next evening read!

That is unbelievably kind of you. I'm getting a little verklempt here. Thank you so much!
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerspideymanBevVincentKurbencatGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • Wow!  I am ordering right now.   Congratulations Marsha!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymancatGNTLGNTMarshaNotaroNeesy
  • I love that you tweeted this Bev, so nice to support new talent, thank you. 😊

Thanks for posting and starting the conversation Deejers... lovely to spread the word.
    Appreciate your supporting it too, thank you Bev.
    Hedda GablerspideymanBevVincentKurbencatGNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • Yes! Great support to a new voice!
    FlakeNoirspideymanBevVincentKurbencatGNTLGNTMarshaNotaroNeesy
  • Got my copy too! 😍 

Congrats, @Marsha on this big day! Big hugs!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaspideymanNotaroNeesy
  • Anyone read My Heart is a Chainsaw? 
    catBevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaspideymanNotaro
    Nope, but it sounds good! I just added it and a few others to my wish list. 😄 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaspideymanNotaro
    I'm about halfway through it -- it's totally bonkers. In a good way. Meta-slasher fiction.
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaspideymanNotaro
    I'm about halfway through it -- it's totally bonkers. In a good way. Meta-slasher fiction.
    I really liked his The Only Good Indians so will give this a try too. . 
    KurbencatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaspideymanNotaro
    Not yet, but I will soon. I'm excited to read more by him.

KurbenHedda GablercatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaBevVincentspideymanNotaro
  • ....I have requested a copy of Marsha's maiden voyage as well....she is very important to Tracy and I, and I'm more than happy to venture out of my comfort zone and read something by my friend......
    Hedda GablercatKurbenFlakeNoirMarshaspideymanNotaroNeesy
  • Wow!  I am ordering right now.   Congratulations Marsha!

cat said:
    Got my copy too! 😍 

GNTLGNT said:
    ....I have requested a copy of Marsha's maiden voyage as well....she is very important to Tracy and I, and I'm more than happy to venture out of my comfort zone and read something by my friend......

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! <3
    FlakeNoircatBevVincentspideymanGNTLGNTnot_nadineKurbenHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Wow!  I am ordering right now.   Congratulations Marsha!

cat said:
    Got my copy too! 😍 

GNTLGNT said:
    ....I have requested a copy of Marsha's maiden voyage as well....she is very important to Tracy and I, and I'm more than happy to venture out of my comfort zone and read something by my friend......

How did the first day of sales go, M?
    MarshacatspideymanGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Marsha said:

cat said:
    Got my copy too! 😍 

GNTLGNT said:

I won't be hitting any best seller lists but with all the help from friends, much better than I expected! I can also now claim that I'm an international author. :D I'm reminding myself frequently that it will take time to build a readership and not get discouraged. Most of the time, that works.
    FlakeNoircatBevVincentspideymanGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotarodoyoulove19Neesy
  • Marsha said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Marsha said:

cat said:
    Got my copy too! 😍 

GNTLGNT said:

I won't be hitting any best seller lists but with all the help from friends, much better than I expected! I can also now claim that I'm an international author. :D I'm reminding myself frequently that it will take time to build a readership and not get discouraged. Most of the time, that works.
    International readership with a first book, that's a win! 😊💜 
    No don't be discouraged, it'll take time for word to get out... keep enjoying the process in the mean time. 
    MarshacatspideymanGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • .....I bet it sort of feels like when we were kids Marsha, going door to door, asking people to buy garden seeds or the like, with our best Oliver Twist faces on.... :D
    KurbenHedda GablercatNotaroMarshaFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....I bet it sort of feels like when we were kids Marsha, going door to door, asking people to buy garden seeds or the like, with our best Oliver Twist faces on.... :D

You've got that right! An introvert's worst nightmare! :D I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the support I've been getting with people re-posting the info about my book. That has been a huge boost both with sales themselves and for me emotionally. So much to be grateful for. <3
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerBevVincentnot_nadineGNTLGNTKurbencat
  • After listening to NK Jemisin and after having a very honest and ongoing discussion with a friend, I’m going to get a book called:

So You Want To Talk About Race by Oluo Ijeoma.

I need to educate myself on this issue better. I accept that i am naive and ignorant of these micro aggressions that people talk about.  

I defend the creative voice though, so we’ll see what I learn. 

catGNTLGNTMarsha