Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Happy Father's Day...❤💚💜💗
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Hallo there my friends!!
    Just arrived back from the airport. Had a lovely holiday in spite of the second week Crete was, as a lot of europe, afflicted with a heatwave. Not as severe as in other places where it topped 40 C but last thursday was the peak with 37 C. but since i hadn't planned a really active holiday (it was an extremely lazy holiday, my main stops were the pool, the beach, the seaside restaurant that belonged to the hotel and from which it was just two steps down a stair and you were on the beach)it was OK. I tried some other restaurants but this was really good and really friendly people too so i remained faithful to them mostly. Brought some Ouzo with me back to sweden.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesySundrop
  • ....glad it was a safe and fulfilling trip.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Hallo there my friends!!
    Just arrived back from the airport. Had a lovely holiday in spite of the second week Crete was, as a lot of europe, afflicted with a heatwave. Not as severe as in other places where it topped 40 C but last thursday was the peak with 37 C. but since i hadn't planned a really active holiday (it was an extremely lazy holiday, my main stops were the pool, the beach, the seaside restaurant that belonged to the hotel and from which it was just two steps down a stair and you were on the beach)it was OK. I tried some other restaurants but this was really good and really friendly people too so i remained faithful to them mostly. Brought some Ouzo with me back to sweden.
    Welcome home Kurben! I'm so glad you had a good break, the heat though.... ewww no thank you, it sounds very melty.

I hope you'll have some snaps for us and let us know what kinds of foods you ate when you have some time.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Do we have a god bomb thread?
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Do we have a god bomb thread?
    ...not as yet.....
    Hedda GablerNeesy
  • My childhood friend Hellie is not going to make it.  Could be anytime now.   Can we say a prayer for her.

Yesterday they took her off her ventilator.  To the familys surprise she breathed on her own.   Later she became lucid, smiling and having conversations with her family.  From what I can gather this phenomenon is labeled 'Terminal Lucidity' right before a person passes.   

I just feel terrible about this.
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • My childhood friend Hellie is not going to make it.  Could be anytime now.   Can we say a prayer for her.

Yesterday they took her off her ventilator.  To the familys surprise she breathed on her own.   Later she became lucid, smiling and having conversations with her family.  From what I can gather this phenomenon is labeled 'Terminal Lucidity' right before a person passes.   

Sending all possible prayers for her and her friends and family. And a big comfort hug for you. We're always here if you need us!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Hallo there my friends!!
    Welcome home Kurben! I'm so glad you had a good break, the heat though.... ewww no thank you, it sounds very melty.

I hope you'll have some snaps for us and let8-31 us know what kinds of foods you ate when you have some time.
    I took some snaps and will resize them first (not my strong side...) and post later. I ate almost exclusively greek specialities. Often the restaurants "Special of the day" that wasn't on the usual menu. I had octopus one day, fried. But mostly i wandered on wellknown meatground with greek twists to pork, beef and lamb. Ate some greek cheeses that were very good, Saganaki, Feta, Mitzhra, Halloumi and a few more a forgotten the name of. Nothing to start a meal like a cheese dish. And you're right about the heat.... The first week was usual temps 28-31 C which was ok, warm but still it was possible to navigate but when the temps crept over 35 in the second week you melted to a puddle standing up. Luckily i did not have to work, just move my sunbed from shade to sun at regular intervals. Finished at least 7 books down there. Lazing in the sun and reading go well together.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • ...so essentially you were a human toasted cheese sammich Kurb....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir

Blessing for the Dying
    not_nadineFlakeNoir
  • My friend passed away today.   :(
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
    I'm so sorry. Saying prayers for everyone who loved her. Big hugs. 
    GNTLGNTNeesy

"Not even death itself can part true friends."

-St. John Cassian.

40 Touching Loss of Father Quotes - Sympathy And Condolence Messages

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Thanks. It's been a hell of a week.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Thanks. It's been a hell of a week.
    ...and I apologize....I know it says "Father" but sentiment is what I liked.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
    I'm so, so sorry, NN. Big hugs.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • 17 Gorgeous Happy Sunday ideas  happy sunday good morning images morning  images

(((all in need or not)))
    GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Happy Independence Day!

GNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • When i got home i was so blooming tired that i fell asleep at 7 pm... woke up 2,5 hours later and now i'm wondering if my nightsleep is ruined..... Because now i'm not sleepy! Sigh!!!
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    When i got home i was so blooming tired that i fell asleep at 7 pm... woke up 2,5 hours later and now i'm wondering if my nightsleep is ruined..... Because now i'm not sleepy! Sigh!!!
    I hope you slept okay and not through your alarm Kurben.🤞
    GNTLGNTNeesy