Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• I just heard from my brother. He and his wife is going to Granada in the south of Spain in november. They are gonna rent an apartment there for about two weeks. I'll fly down to meet them there and we will have some fun together. Alhambra, perhaps Gibraltar and other sights. Main thing is we get an oppurtunity to see eachother again. Gonna apply for a week off tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Is gonna be a cheap vacation since just the flight is not so expensive and the living quarter is free (i get the spare bedroom in the apartment).
    FlakeNoirHedda GablercatGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Kurben said:
    I just heard from my brother. He and his wife is going to Granada in the south of Spain in november. They are gonna rent an apartment there for about two weeks. I'll fly down to meet them there and we will have some fun together. Alhambra, perhaps Gibraltar and other sights. Main thing is we get an oppurtunity to see eachother again. Gonna apply for a week off tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Is gonna be a cheap vacation since just the flight is not so expensive and the living quarter is free (i get the spare bedroom in the apartment).
    This sounds amazing, just what you need.
    How did your aunt's service go Kurben? I hope you're doing better now? ❤
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTKurben
  • Thought of you today Scott. I saw a jeep (i know you don’t have yours anymore) but on the brake lights, they had cut-out Sasquatches.  Made me laugh. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    I just heard from my brother. He and his wife is going to Granada in the south of Spain in november. They are gonna rent an apartment there for about two weeks. I'll fly down to meet them there and we will have some fun together. Alhambra, perhaps Gibraltar and other sights. Main thing is we get an oppurtunity to see eachother again. Gonna apply for a week off tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Is gonna be a cheap vacation since just the flight is not so expensive and the living quarter is free (i get the spare bedroom in the apartment).
    It went very well. She lived in a rather posh suburb to Stockholm and the ceremony was in the church out there. Afterwards there was some sandwiches and stuff in a nearby eatery. Only thing is i always feel uncomfortable in black custume. I wore it of course but i always feel strange wearing it and only wear that sort of clothing, custumes (regardless of color), at weddings and funerals. 

But you're right! It is what i need. Now i just somehow have to endure september and october!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatSundrop
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    It went very well. She lived in a rather posh suburb to Stockholm and the ceremony was in the church out there. Afterwards there was some sandwiches and stuff in a nearby eatery. Only thing is i always feel uncomfortable in black custume. I wore it of course but i always feel strange wearing it and only wear that sort of clothing, custumes (regardless of color), at weddings and funerals. 

But you're right! It is what i need. Now i just somehow have to endure september and october!
    I'm very glad it went well. I hear you, I absolutely hate getting dressed up. If you look up casual/comfortable in the dictionary.... there I am, jeans and t-shirt, shorts if it's summer.😃
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbencat
  • Thought of you today Scott. I saw a jeep (i know you don’t have yours anymore) but on the brake lights, they had cut-out Sasquatches.  Made me laugh. 
    ...I miss me dirty boy....maybe again someday....

Amazoncom JeepTails Bigfoot Horns and US Flag Tail lamp Light Covers  Compatible with Jeep Wrangler YJ and TJ - Set of 2  Automotive
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • edited September 2022
    Hope you and Andy and Josh are doing okay, Neesy.  

GNTLGNT said:
    I hope youre doing okay - Single by SS Something  Spotify
    Thanks guys - Andy had a bit of a problem recently with dehydration and had to be put on an intravenous drip (twice) because he is finding it hard to eat and drink.

He is doing a bit better now because they decided to delay his next chemo; he caught my cold and the combination of chemo plus having a horrible cough almost did him in.

He has lost quite a bit of weight and is rather weak but he is still hanging in there. Thanks also @Notaro for the good conversations we have - it helps a lot!

I will try to come back and post more often.

I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. ♥

Oh yeah (afterthought) - both cats are doing well - will try to download photos and resize them so you can see what they look like

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbencatSundrop
  • Continued thoughts your way. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • Nice to see you Neesy, still thinking of you guys and hoping things are as manageable as they can be. Drop in whenever you feel the need. 😊
    GNTLGNTKurbencatHedda GablerNeesy
  • ...the seanfhear is a tough one....continuous good thoughts....
    KurbencatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • We had a big goodbye and good luck lunch for our boss today (her last day is tomorrow). We went to a nice place (we had managed to get 12 of us to break free from other duties) and had a long, chatty and very good lunch. Many laughs. The usual lunch is about half an hour but this was closer to two.... . But it was a nice time!!!
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesySundrop
  • Sending good thoughts from here as well, @Neesy. ❤️
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    We had a big goodbye and good luck lunch for our boss today (her last day is tomorrow). We went to a nice place (we had managed to get 12 of us to break free from other duties) and had a long, chatty and very good lunch. Many laughs. The usual lunch is about half an hour but this was closer to two.... . But it was a nice time!!!
    Food Memes - Geeks  Gamers
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbencatNeesy
  • Theres is election here in sweden next weekend. I've already voted but it has been the most tasteless election campaign i can remember. We have 8 parties in the parlament and everyone is so mean and nasty against other parties. Earlier they had different opinions but they at least treated each other civilly. Its like we have gotten infected in a small way with how different parties in the US treat eachother. A sad state of affair. I had hoped we would escape that illness.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircatHedda GablerNeesy
  • ...Not Nadine?.....how be you????.....
    FlakeNoircatHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...Not Nadine?.....how be you????.....
    Hey there.  Basically have been a wreck. But gettimg better. 
    The projects that I have been working on have been defunded by the Government.
    I have a couple of more weeks left.
    Been sending resumes out like mad, and I have two interviews tomorrow.
    Just don't want to do all this again.
    Thanks for asking..
    GNTLGNTcatKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ...wishing you much luck....may it all work out well in the end...
    catnot_nadineFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ... You'll fix this, Nottie, because you are a great, good, and intelligent person. These are rare and people want them. Believe in it!!!
    GNTLGNTnot_nadineFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Interview day.
      One in person at 9 am and another phone interview at 3.  Looks like two more next week.
    Fingers crossed.

I'm still teleworking until the 16th.

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I had two really good interviews yesterday.  Feel a bit better.
    I have one on Monday that I am looking foward to. 
    Aerospace place that is two miles from home.  

Fingers crossed kids.

GNTLGNTcatKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyLou_Sytsma
  • ...good on ye lassie!!!....
    catKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Fingers and toes crossed for NN  (and then i stumbled and fell.... crossing toes are tricky work)
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatNeesyLou_Sytsma