Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Kurben said:
    Fingers and toes crossed for NN  (and then i stumbled and fell.... crossing toes are tricky work)
    Relaxed Mona Lisa legs frame black creative woman situation mona  lisa HD wallpaper  Peakpx
    KurbencatHedda Gablernot_nadineNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Continued thoughts your way. 
    Merci beaucoup :)
    FlakeNoir said:
    Nice to see you Neesy, still thinking of you guys and hoping things are as manageable as they can be. Drop in whenever you feel the need. 😊
    Thanks - he has his good days and his bad days

GNTLGNT said:
    ...the seanfhear is a tough one....continuous good thoughts....
    I had to look up that word - that's a good one!  :D
    cat said:
    Sending good thoughts from here as well, @Neesy. ❤️

Thanks cat - I appreciate it

GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Just had a fanastic interview - I nailed it. (I must say)
    They will call me this afternoon
    NeesyKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatHedda Gabler

That's great! Congratulations ♥

not_nadineKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatHedda Gabler
  • I should not get too confident, but I feel it in my heart that I got the job.
    NeesyKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatHedda Gabler
    Good luck! I hope you get it N.N.
    GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • I should not get too confident, but I feel it in my heart that I got the job.
    ...fingers, toes and eyes crossed.....
    catFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • I can't find the What's for Dinner thread (if there is one) so I'll post this here :smile:

Lately I've been baking and cooking quite a bit. Yesterday I made something called Cheeseburger soup - it wasn't too bad. It used Velveeta cheese so it made me think of Sunny

I also made some chocolate chip cookies that had broken up pretzel pieces in them - those were yummy

Today it's just chicken fried rice using leftover Basmati rice I cooked in the slow cooker previously.

I don't have a rice cooker so I have been experimenting with cooking rice in the slow cooker.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenSundrop
  • Velveeta makes me think of Marsha too. 💜

Those cookies sound nice, Neesy.
    GNTLGNTspideymanHedda GablerNeesyKurbenSundrop
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Velveeta makes me think of Marsha too. 💜

Those cookies sound nice, Neesy.

Marsha!? I did not know she was/is a Velveeta cheese fan - it's the first time in my life that I've bought the stuff (but the soup turned out quite nice)

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • I made a discovery a few days ago. In a part of the city i, for some reason, seldom go to i found a used book store that opened a few years ago. The special thing about this one is that they only have SF, Fantasy and Horror books. And their prices are real good, and they have a lot of books and titles. Just entering the store my mouth started to water. I told the store owner that i could sleep there, this was book heaven! I ended up with buying 5 books in excellent condition that i really wanted for a total of perhaps 23-24 US dollars. I will not lie to you.... I might revisit that store........
    not_nadineHedda GablerFlakeNoirSusanNortonGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    I made a discovery a few days ago. In a part of the city i, for some reason, seldom go to i found a used book store that opened a few years ago. The special thing about this one is that they only have SF, Fantasy and Horror books. And their prices are real good, and they have a lot of books and titles. Just entering the store my mouth started to water. I told the store owner that i could sleep there, this was book heaven! I ended up with buying 5 books in excellent condition that i really wanted for a total of perhaps 23-24 US dollars. I will not lie to you.... I might revisit that store........
    This is awesome.
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    I made a discovery a few days ago. In a part of the city i, for some reason, seldom go to i found a used book store that opened a few years ago. The special thing about this one is that they only have SF, Fantasy and Horror books. And their prices are real good, and they have a lot of books and titles. Just entering the store my mouth started to water. I told the store owner that i could sleep there, this was book heaven! I ended up with buying 5 books in excellent condition that i really wanted for a total of perhaps 23-24 US dollars. I will not lie to you.... I might revisit that store........
    I love discoveries like these, enjoy your new store Kurben, help keep them open and alive. 
    not_nadineHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Sending positive vibes to all in Florida. 
     My niecelove lives in Key West.
    spideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    ....I so envy you....we have one book store in town-a fairly recent addition after years of zip, zilch and zero.....I have yet to visit, but if her small window display is any indication-it's not going to be my kinda cookie....I'll give it a fair shake though....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • Hey - hope everyone is doing okay and sending prayers and positive thoughts to Spidey (Hurricane Ian heading her way)

Today my neighbors rang my bell to report a bike that was hidden away in the bushes in between our two houses.
    We walked it to the Police station which is only three doors down and an officer was just getting into his vehicle. Turns out, after asking how to report it as probably stolen, I have to call 311.
    The neighbors said I should take care of it, since it was actually right beside the house and hidden in our cedar bushes. I agreed so it's in our garage now.
    It's a big bicycle and looks like a woman's bike, in really great condition. I guess if it has no serial number on it (we could not find one) then it will end up in the annual Winnipeg Police bike auction.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • edited September 2022
    Update to my previous post about the found bike - two shady characters just came to the door and rang the bell (Good - now I have their faces on video).

The guy said his hands were full and he had to leave the bike - uhuh yeah right...

I asked if he had the serial number on the bottom of the bike and he looked surprised. I told him it had already been reported to the Police.

Then he said "I bought the bike from someone" so I advised him to go tell the Police that.

I am still a bit shook up from my encounter. I kept the screen door locked and just talked to him through the glass

The weird thing is that this is a woman's bike - it looks like this:

- only it is a deep purple colour

(I turned the bike over and found the serial number (or possibly a registration number with the cops) - hoping whoever had it stolen will get it back

Waiting for the guy who looks after these things to call me - I had to leave a voice mail

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenSundrop
  • Neesy said:
    Update to my previous post about the found bike - two shady characters just came to the door and rang the bell (Good - now I have their faces on video).

The guy said his hands were full and he had to leave the bike - uhuh yeah right...

I asked if he had the serial number on the bottom of the bike and he looked surprised. I told him it had already been reported to the Police.

Then he said "I bought the bike from someone" so I advised him to go tell the Police that.

I am still a bit shook up from my encounter. I kept the screen door locked and just talked to him through the glass

The weird thing is that this is a woman's bike - it looks like this:

- only it is a deep purple colour

(I turned the bike over and found the serial number (or possibly a registration number with the cops) - hoping whoever had it stolen will get it back

Waiting for the guy who looks after these things to call me - I had to leave a voice mail

That's scary Neesy, I hate that they talked to you about it like that.
    You should have looked back over your shoulder and shouted... "down Killer, sit Slasher... on your beds, dogs!" 

I hope they don't come back. 😳
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNeesy

• I start the new job on Monday!   Backround check and drug screening came back clear.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenSundropNeesy

• I start the new job on Monday!   Backround check and drug screening came back clear.

Brilliant, congratulations! Good luck on Monday, I hope it goes really well.  
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • ....Yay Nottie!!!!.....and 'ware Neesy......the cops need to get that damn bike into their storage area and out of your garage....keep it locked up until then....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy