Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• My childhood friend Hellie is not going to make it.  Could be anytime now.   Can we say a prayer for her.

Yesterday they took her off her ventilator.  To the familys surprise she breathed on her own.   Later she became lucid, smiling and having conversations with her family.  From what I can gather this phenomenon is labeled 'Terminal Lucidity' right before a person passes.   

I just feel terrible about this.

So sorry to hear this Nadine :/

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • My friend passed away today.   :(

:(Sincere condolences Nadine

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I have been sitting on a major development and wasn't sure if I should post or not but here goes:

Andy has been diagnosed with terminal cancer - it's stage 4 lung cancer. He has been getting chemotherapy every three weeks for a couple of months now.

The latest development is that he has a pulmonary embolism so he is on an anticoagulant. He has also lost 10 lb in three weeks so we had a referral to a dietician.

His oncologist first told him back in December 2021 but we didn't know how bad it was. Then in March he got the news that his prognosis is anywhere from six months to 18 months, depending on how he responds to the chemo.

Just wanted to share this with everyone.

Please send some positive vibes or prayers his way

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:
    I have been sitting on a major development and wasn't sure if I should post or not but here goes:

Andy has been diagnosed with terminal cancer - it's stage 4 lung cancer. He has been getting chemotherapy every three weeks for a couple of months now.

The latest development is that he has a pulmonary embolism so he is on an anticoagulant. He has also lost 10 lb in three weeks so we had a referral to a dietician.

His oncologist first told him back in December 2021 but we didn't know how bad it was. Then in March he got the news that his prognosis is anywhere from six months to 18 months, depending on how he responds to the chemo.

I am terribly sorry to hear this. I can imagine all the feelings you all must be having. How are you? How is josh?  Is Andy doing any treatment?  I know you all will do your best with love and grace. 

We are here as distraction or sounding board. Prayers and vibes. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • So sorry to hear this Neesy.  We will all be here for you.  
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I am so sad to hear this Neesy. Whatever you need that we can give we are here for you. Positive vibes being sent to all of you.
  • So sorry to hear this awful news Neesy, positive vibes being sent from the emerald isle to you, Andy and Josh.
  • Oh Neesy, I'm so sorry...🥺😔sending my warmest thoughts and hugs to you guys from afar.  Please talk to us if you have a  need. ❤
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • @not_nadine ; Very sorry for your loss.

@Neesy ; I'm so sorry to see this. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you, Andy and Josh.
    FlakeNoirnot_nadineKurbenGNTLGNT
  • ....I am so terribly sorry about the prognosis and the havoc it has wreaked on all of you...Andy is good people, and I wish for him the easiest course possible....you have our collective shoulders to lean on and the warmth of love and friendship to ward off the coldness of fear....
    FlakeNoirKurben
  • @Neesy Thinking of you and Andy, sending positive vibes and prayers. ❤
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • Neesy said:
    I have been sitting on a major development and wasn't sure if I should post or not but here goes:

I am terribly sorry to hear this. I can imagine all the feelings you all must be having. How are you? How is josh?  Is Andy doing any treatment?  I know you all will do your best with love and grace. 

We are here as distraction or sounding board. Prayers and vibes. 

So sorry to hear this Neesy.  We will all be here for you.  

Kurben said:
    I am so sad to hear this Neesy. Whatever you need that we can give we are here for you. Positive vibes being sent to all of you.

Notaro said:
    So sorry to hear this awful news Neesy, positive vibes being sent from the emerald isle to you, Andy and Josh.

FlakeNoir said:
    Oh Neesy, I'm so sorry...🥺😔sending my warmest thoughts and hugs to you guys from afar.  Please talk to us if you have a  need. ❤

Marsha said:
    @not_nadine ; Very sorry for your loss.

@Neesy ; I'm so sorry to see this. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you, Andy and Josh.

GNTLGNT said:
    ....I am so terribly sorry about the prognosis and the havoc it has wreaked on all of you...Andy is good people, and I wish for him the easiest course possible....you have our collective shoulders to lean on and the warmth of love and friendship to ward off the coldness of fear....

cat said:
    @Neesy Thinking of you and Andy, sending positive vibes and prayers. ❤

Thanks everyone - just haven't felt like logging in much but I will try to make a special effort - I appreciate the well wishes and also it feels good to come here (especially when I read the jokes) ♥♥

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler

• I hope this doesn't sound irreverent (this video) - sorry to bring everyone down - at least he is not in pain yet

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • edited July 2022
    Neesy said:

Thanks everyone - just haven't felt like logging in much but I will try to make a special effort - I appreciate the well wishes and also it feels good to come here (especially when I read the jokes) ♥♥

Any time you need some distraction or cheering up, drop in for a few minutes Neesy. 

GNTLGNTNeesy
  • Neesy said:

I hope this doesn't sound irreverent (this video) - sorry to bring everyone down - at least he is not in pain yet

GNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • Attacked by a seagull today!! On my way home from work crossed the square and a seagull dived at me, flew perhaps a feet or two over my head and shouted just as he was just over my head. And he continued doing that until i had crossed the square. He dived at me at least 5-6 times. I felt like i suddenly were participating in one of the early scenes in "The Birds" by Hitchcock. 
    catFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Attacked by a seagull today!! On my way home from work crossed the square and a seagull dived at me, flew perhaps a feet or two over my head and shouted just as he was just over my head. And he continued doing that until i had crossed the square. He dived at me at least 5-6 times. I felt like i suddenly were participating in one of the early scenes in "The Birds" by Hitchcock. 
    This is so scary when it happens Kurben, 😳 we get that here with Magpies and it's usually adults protecting a nest nearby, not a nice feeling though.
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • edited July 2022
    Kurben said:
    Attacked by a seagull today!! On my way home from work crossed the square and a seagull dived at me, flew perhaps a feet or two over my head and shouted just as he was just over my head. And he continued doing that until i had crossed the square. He dived at me at least 5-6 times. I felt like i suddenly were participating in one of the early scenes in "The Birds" by Hitchcock. 
    What happened with your pot on your patio with the bird nest?  Did they come back to it to build again?
    NeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbencat
  • ...yes, hopefully they were able to make the space livagull..... :D
    Hedda GablerKurbencatFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    What happened with your pot on your patio with the bird nest?  Did they come back to it to build again?
    After they flown i turned the pot upside down.... no nice little nest this year! I've seen them sitting there looking and giving me the bad eye but they havent built a nest here this year!
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • ...damn Slumlord!!!....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Hope you and Andy and Josh are doing okay, Neesy.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatNeesy