Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• edited February 2022
    @Notaro said:

Positive vibes and well wishes being sent Spidey.

Ditto. Any time someone needs a little extra care and kind thought, they need only drop by... we'll be here. 💜
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbencatNotaroMarshaNeesySundrop
  • ...always....and plentiful......
    KurbencatNotaroHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • spideyman said:
    Requesting positive thoughts and vibes for a fellow member. 
    They are on the way, Spidey. All the best.
    catNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Hey everyone. It is me Spidey was asking for good vibes for. Thank you Spidey and thank you everyone for the vibes. ❤

Scott was in a pretty good car accident on Monday night. He is ok, thank goodness. He was in my car, coming home from work and a guy in a big pickup pulling a big trailer ran a red light and piledrived him. Hit him hard enough the car came to rest almost facing the opposite direction.  Like I said he is ok. All the airbags and his seat belt did their jobs. He is sore but the only mark on him is on his ear, the impact made his glasses go flying and they scratched him coming off his face.

Just heard my car will most likely be totalled. I am thankful Scott is ok. It could have been so so so much worse.  That is the important thing. So next step I guess is to get a rental, wait on final determination after the other guy's insurance looks at it and try to find a different car. 

At the same time as all this, my stepmom took a bad turn. Yesterday the news was very bad but they did a scan and it turns out not as bad as they thought. They need to travel to Colorado tomorrow (big storm brewing so weather permitting) so she can get a stent put in her liver bile duct, the tumor is squeezing it shut a little. The hope is that will assist her eating again so she can gain enough strength back to start her treatments again. She is feeling some pain now and can't really eat much. I pray it helps her.  

Just a lot going on and I know everyone has a lot going on. So I appreciate all the thoughts and good vibes and prayers. I really do. ❤

Big hugs and positive vibes to all. ❤️ 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesySundrop
  • Oh cat! Good prayers for all. Scary stuff. 
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • That's terrifying, Cat I'm sorry you're going through it. 🥺 Very glad Scott is okay.
    My thoughts are with your step-mom, I hope the procedure helps a lot.
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Really sorry to hear this Cat, thank god Scott is ok,  hopefully the replacement car will get sorted quickly and you can try to get back to normality 🤞

Positive vibes and best wishes being sent from the emerald Isle.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablercatGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • ....Holy Crap Cat!.....that's a lot to deal with.....so glad fate was kind and spared Scott any major injury and continued good vibes for your step-mom.....yes, we all have our issues-but there's always enough love to pass along....
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • All the best vibes for your stepmom. Very thankful Scott is ok. And sincerely hope you have no problem with insurances and the like. Be well, Cat!!
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • spideyman said:
    Requesting positive thoughts and vibes for a fellow member. 

On the way.
    GNTLGNTKurbencatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • What a huge relief, Cat. The car can be replaced. Healing vibes being sent for Scott and your stepmom.
    GNTLGNTKurbencatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Has anyone heard how Neesy’s Andy is doing? 
    catFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNotaroNeesyMarsha
  • Has anyone heard how Neesy’s Andy is doing? 
    No, nothing.
    KurbencatGNTLGNTNotaroMarsha
  • @cat - Mercy! Thanks be to Gan, Scott is OK.  Positive vibes for your stepmom and you as you handle all this.  

I need to reach out to Neesy. 

I've been a neglectful friend for some time; mired in my own woes.  I'm finally feeling light as a feather (not stiff as a board, though).  My new job is fantastic - professional, productive, begins at 8am, ends at 5pm, no nights, no weekends.  It was a tedious process leaving a job I've had for nearly 20 years, but look at me go!

After driving my blessed hoopdie for 15 years, I am finally getting myself a new car. I ordered a VW Tiguan from Carvana.  The Ogre has one that I love to drive, so now we will be Twinkies. However, we had an ice storm here and my pick up date has been moved, so that's a bummer.  I think I'm getting it Monday.  I'm picking it up at the car dispenser.  So far I have loved the experience of car shopping from the couch.  I'll keep you posted.

It's been a good week. I hope the same for you all.  We all need some good times.

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoircatNotaroSundropMarsha
  • ...nothing on Andy....I fear there may be issues, because we all now that Neesy is usually a frequently infrequent visitor here....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoircatNotaroNeesyMarsha
  • @cat - Mercy! Thanks be to Gan, Scott is OK.  Positive vibes for your stepmom and you as you handle all this.  

I need to reach out to Neesy. 

I've been a neglectful friend for some time; mired in my own woes.  I'm finally feeling light as a feather (not stiff as a board, though).  My new job is fantastic - professional, productive, begins at 8am, ends at 5pm, no nights, no weekends.  It was a tedious process leaving a job I've had for nearly 20 years, but look at me go!

After driving my blessed hoopdie for 15 years, I am finally getting myself a new car. I ordered a VW Tiguan from Carvana.  The Ogre has one that I love to drive, so now we will be Twinkies. However, we had an ice storm here and my pick up date has been moved, so that's a bummer.  I think I'm getting it Monday.  I'm picking it up at the car dispenser.  So far I have loved the experience of car shopping from the couch.  I'll keep you posted.

It's been a good week. I hope the same for you all.  We all need some good times.

.....Twinkies huh?.....oh stop it Scott! Don't you go for the cream filled centers gag. Don't you dare!......
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoircatNotaroMarsha
  • Thank you, everyone. ❤️ 

Things have settled somewhat. My stepmom had the stent procedure on Friday. It went well and I got an update last night that she had eaten a big meal yesterday. 🙂 They were hoping for outpatient but she did have to be admitted. My dad said a couple days, so hopefully they are heading home today. 

Still waiting on word about my car. I did get a rental which was kind of an experience in itself. The guy was very pushy about buying insurance from them. I told him I was covered by my insurance while driving his rental. He did not like me saying that. But no. I'm not buying extra insurance at $23+ per day to drive a car that I have to drive because someone else decided to drive like a jackass. I did not wreck my car. Someone else wrecked it for me. (And I mean the other driver. Not Scott. 😄😉) We are hoping that since this is costing them money for me to have the rental they will get moving on the claim. 

Spencer turns 3 tomorrow. We went to his birthday party yesterday. It was fun and much needed time with littles who haven't a care in the world! And Miss Sage is a Girl Scout now, and they just kicked off the cookie sales, so she put on her little uniform and formally asked us if we would please like to buy some cookies. So cute. 

Hope you all are having a good weekend. Big hugs and positive vibes to all. ❤️ 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesySundropMarsha
  • ...glad to hear that the stenting was a success Cat.....the rental folks do get pissy when you turn that stuff down because they make incentives off of that, but when your own company covers you-it's just unnecessary..happy birthday to the big boy!....our youngest grandbaby at the moment turned 3(going on 12)about six weeks ago.......and you can just ship ALL the cookies my way.....after you pay for them....... :D
    catKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesyMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...glad to hear that the stenting was a success Cat.....the rental folks do get pissy when you turn that stuff down because they make incentives off of that, but when your own company covers you-it's just unnecessary..happy birthday to the big boy!....our youngest grandbaby at the moment turned 3(going on 12)about six weeks ago.......and you can just ship ALL the cookies my way.....after you pay for them....... :D
    It has been several years since we bought any Girl Scout cookies, but I was pleasantly surprised at the prices! Only $4 a box. Seems like they used to be more? I don't know. My Scott isn't much of a sweets eater but he loves the Samoas. We bought 5 boxes just of those and he says he is locking them in his gun safe. 😄 Of course had to get some Thin Mints and there is a new smores one and a new brownie caramel one...yum! 
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesyGNTLGNTMarsha
  • cat said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...glad to hear that the stenting was a success Cat.....the rental folks do get pissy when you turn that stuff down because they make incentives off of that, but when your own company covers you-it's just unnecessary..happy birthday to the big boy!....our youngest grandbaby at the moment turned 3(going on 12)about six weeks ago.......and you can just ship ALL the cookies my way.....after you pay for them....... :D
    It has been several years since we bought any Girl Scout cookies, but I was pleasantly surprised at the prices! Only $4 a box. Seems like they used to be more? I don't know. My Scott isn't much of a sweets eater but he loves the Samoas. We bought 5 boxes just of those and he says he is locking them in his gun safe. 😄 Of course had to get some Thin Mints and there is a new smores one and a new brownie caramel one...yum! 
    Girl scout cookies are out, now? In the wild? 

Must. Find. Girl scout. 
    FlakeNoircatNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenSundropMarsha
  • Happy birthday to Spencer!
    (& belated Happy birthday to current)  youngest Roller grandbaby)

Girl Scout cookies.... frigging hell, we have been cheated. Our flavours and types are pathetic.  WTF New Zealand?! 
    Hedda GablercatNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • Yes, what flakers said on those birthday kids!   I can see their excited little faces. 

I am in active girl scout hunting mode. 
    FlakeNoircatNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • Yes, what flakers said on those birthday kids!   I can see their excited little faces. 

I am in active girl scout hunting mode. 
    I think Marti said the group/storefront sales wouldn't start for a few weeks yet but the girls are working on their individual goals right now. So I don't know if it varies state to state, but they might not be out and about at stores for a couple more weeks. Unless you know a girl scout! 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesyGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • I do not. But I was one — i should be grandfathered in to early-access cookie-ing. 

catFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • I do not. But I was one — i should be grandfathered in to early-access cookie-ing. 

Yeah you should! 😀 Well at least you know why you haven't found any yet, but they should be out in force in a few weeks!
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha