Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Kurben said:
    Took my boostershot yesterday. First no aftereffects but in the night, just as i was going to bed, ca 15-16 hours after i took the shot i started to shake because i was so cold into my very bones. It was as if i stood in Antarctica clad only in shorts, that cold. Hands, arms and body was shaking. I crept down under four (4) layers of warm blankets and after 15 minutes it had passed but it was 15 miserable minutes. Then fell asleep and when i awoke had kicked off 3 of the 4 blankets during the night. What do you think? An aftereffect of the booster or completely unrelated?? I frankly have no clue, have never been so cold in my life.
    It does sound like your body was having a normal immune response to the booster shot.  I always feel like it's a good thing to have physical symptoms afterwards, it shows that your immune system has been activated and is preparing to build critical antibodies to fight future infection.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTMarshaNotaroNeesydoyoulove19
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Took my boostershot yesterday. First no aftereffects but in the night, just as i was going to bed, ca 15-16 hours after i took the shot i started to shake because i was so cold into my very bones. It was as if i stood in Antarctica clad only in shorts, that cold. Hands, arms and body was shaking. I crept down under four (4) layers of warm blankets and after 15 minutes it had passed but it was 15 miserable minutes. Then fell asleep and when i awoke had kicked off 3 of the 4 blankets during the night. What do you think? An aftereffect of the booster or completely unrelated?? I frankly have no clue, have never been so cold in my life.
    It does sound like your body was having a normal immune response to the booster shot.  I always feel like it's a good thing to have physical symptoms afterwards, it shows that your immune system has been activated and is preparing to build critical antibodies to fight future infection.
    Sounds promising! Hadn't any side effects at all after the first two shots so wondered. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaNotarodoyoulove19
  • Hey Y'all.    Just peeping in to say I miss seeing everybody.   
    Hope all are well and happy.
    FlakeNoirKurbencatGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNotaroNeesydoyoulove19
  • Miss you too, nice to see you dropping in Sunny.🌻🌼 I hope things with you are going well?
    KurbencatGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNotarodoyoulove19
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Sounds promising! Hadn't any side effects at all after the first two shots so wondered. 
    ...Nurse says "yep"...you had a fleeting crap-ass side effect....yes, "crap-ass" IS a medical jargon...look it up!!! :D :D :D.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshacatNotarodoyoulove19
  • .....Ms. Sunny!.....in the house!!!!.....yea boi!!!.....

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshacatNotarodoyoulove19
  • Sundrop said:
    Hey Y'all.    Just peeping in to say I miss seeing everybody.   
    Hope all are well and happy.

Good to see you again!
    catKurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesydoyoulove19
  • edited January 2022
    @GNTLGNT — scott, did you see the Xerces Society said there was a significant increase of monarchs.   I know you guys weren’t finding many eggs this last year, but you and tracy’s hard work over the years paid off for future generations. 

from bev’s twitter feed:

GOOD NEWS: The Xerces Society's report is out! Nearly 250,000 monarch butterflies were observed during the Western Monarch Thanksgiving Count at overwintering groves in CA & AZ — a major increase from last year's total of less than 2,000 monarchs. 
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTNeesydoyoulove19
  • edited January 2022
    I think this is my fave butterfly, at least in sweden. Its called Makeon, really big but rather rare and often flies high which makes them hard to see. (Papilio Macheonia or something like it, my latin is not great...)
    uploadwikimediaorgwikipediacommons88ePap

FlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTNotaroNeesySundropdoyoulove19
  • What a beauty. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTNotarodoyoulove19
  • I saw my two friends the rabbits this morning too!! They were there having a meal of grass in the same spot as yesterday. Old grass that have stayed green but it is easily accessible since the snow is gone. They werent scared. One is easy to spot because he is partly white while you need to get closer to see the other since he is brown/grey in color.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTNotaroNeesydoyoulove19
  • @GNTLGNT — scott, did you see the Xerces Society said there was a significant increase of monarchs.   I know you guys weren’t finding many eggs this last year, but you and tracy’s hard work over the years paid off for future generations. 

from bev’s twitter feed:

GOOD NEWS: The Xerces Society's report is out! Nearly 250,000 monarch butterflies were observed during the Western Monarch Thanksgiving Count at overwintering groves in CA & AZ — a major increase from last year's total of less than 2,000 monarchs. 
    ....we did!!!....ours is but a minor effort in the re-pop plan, but we keep after it....beauty shouldn't die.....
    MarshaKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarodoyoulove19
  • Kurben said:
    I think this is my fave butterfly, at least in sweden. Its called Makeon, really big but rather rare and often flies high which makes them hard to see. (Papilio Macheonia or something like it, my latin is not great...)

....I'm not finding it under either name Kurb....
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Marsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papilio_machaon
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Marsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:

I looked it up. Latin name Papilio Macheon or in english Swallowtail or Yellow Swallowtail. Seems to be around the states too. I always have most problems with names on insects and flowers and things like that in english because they can be so totally different.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Marsha
  • spideyman said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papilio_machaon
    ...Thanks MaryAnn!!!....I knew it was a type of swallowtail, just not the specifics....it is a beauty no matter it's name....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirdoyoulove19Marsha
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:

I looked it up. Latin name Papilio Macheon or in english Swallowtail or Yellow Swallowtail. Seems to be around the states too. I always have most problems with names on insects and flowers and things like that in english because they can be so totally different.
    ....yes sir, we have them here in Ohio...plus these and many more.....

Ohio Butterflies Field Guide Art Print  Kate Dolamore Art
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirSundropdoyoulove19Marsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:

....yes sir, we have them here in Ohio...plus these and many more.....

Ohio Butterflies Field Guide Art Print  Kate Dolamore Art
    I recognize quite a lot of them from here!! But we have no Monarchs as far as i know. Another fave of mine in sweden is called here Mourning Cloak. You also seem to have more varieties of swallowtail than we. Here just the brightness of the yellow parts varied, sometimes light and sometimes bright.
    Hedda GablerNeesyNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTdoyoulove19Marsha
  • ....in the area I live, I am blessed with several swallowtail varieties and of course am blessed with Monarchs....your other fave is a stunner as well....

Camberwell Beauty  Mourning Cloak  Butterfly Conservation
    KurbenHedda GablerSundropdoyoulove19Marsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....in the area I live, I am blessed with several swallowtail varieties and of course am blessed with Monarchs....your other fave is a stunner as well....

And the National Butterfly Center had to close this weekend due to threats from some incredibly mentally ill asshats. 

Wow. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTdoyoulove19Marsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....in the area I live, I am blessed with several swallowtail varieties and of course am blessed with Monarchs....your other fave is a stunner as well....

And the National Butterfly Center had to close this weekend due to threats from some incredibly mentally ill asshats. 

Wow. 
    I've just looked it up. 😳 I really don't know what to say, probably 'nothing' would be a good option. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Marsha
  • ...I just ran through it myself, and now I feel like I need  a shower.......wasn't aware that the Center was breeding blood hungry 'flies developed by a deranged lepidopterist....

Facepalm GIF - Search and Download GIFs on Gifburg
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirdoyoulove19Marsha
  • Requesting positive thoughts and vibes for a fellow member. 
    catnot_nadineHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenMarshaNeesy
  • spideyman said:
    Requesting positive thoughts and vibes for a fellow member. 
    Positive vibes and well wishes being sent Spidey.
    FlakeNoircatHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha