Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• cat said:
    cat said:
    Happy Thanksgiving, friends. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Big hugs and positive vibes to all. ❤ 
    You too cat, hoping you got to visit mom or step mom and dad.  Hopefully all feeling great! Or, everyone got to come your way. 

did you get your kitchen done and bottles in place? Fence up? Things settled with weirdo neighbor? 

We're going to Brandon and Marti's. Will see them and the littles, Evan and Hannah. Couldn't go to Nebraska, Scott works tomorrow. 

Kitchen is done, except wall stuff, haven't hung anything yet. Fence will probably be a next spring or summer project. And weirdo neighbor did not appear in court but did pay a $200 fine. And we think he moved away. The dad is still there but not the kid. 

Lots to be thankful for, stepmom is doing pretty well. Brandon went in to have a shoulder surgery and he crashed the second they put him under. He endured 2 rounds of compressions, then got shocked then another round of compressions. So trying to figure out why it happened. He had his gall bladder out about 5 years ago and zero problems with anesthesia and it was the same drug this time. Heart checks out ok, he has some trauma there from them working to bring him back but otherwise no indication why. He is on a monitor for a month to make sure but cardiologist said just a precaution. Do not know but so very thankful he is ok. 29 years old, way too young. 

The rest of us are doing pretty good too. 

So we are very thankful today. ❤
    Oh my lord! That is so scary and i’m so sorry you all had to go through  that.  Yes, thankful is good.  I take it the shoulder was not fixed?  Hopefully some intensive physical therapy can help that. 

Glad neighbor kid moved. 

Have fun with those littles. 
    Nope, shoulder was not touched. He has 3 tears in there, so I don't know about pt. But the thought of him going under anesthesia again....oh boy. Not sure. He has the same surgeon that did Scott's and she is a superb Dr. I trust her and know she is very meticulous and so it will be a conversation they will have, but not for a while. She wants him completely cleared by the heart Dr before they even think about next step. 

We will have a great day with our family. I hope you will too!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Happy Thanksgiving to all my american friends!! I celebrated by having my lunch at a mexican restaurant where i ordered a "Mexmix", a little bit of everything which was very good. A strange thing happened at work today. In the afternoon there was this big ceremony when the big tree in the square outside is lit. All the different courts, at least 5 different ones, that sit there joined in and the Court Choir sang christmas songs and in the midst of this i ran into a person i hadn't seen in 28 years, in the early 90,s! So afterwards we talked and reminisced a bit of how fun things were back in the days when we both worked for the Historical Museum of Sweden. Then suddenly we remembered that after all we should perhaps go back and work a little more. But it was very fun to meet a reminder of an earlier life. She even remembered my name!! I'm horrible at names..... Had to ask her. 
    That’s great to connect again!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited November 2021
    GNTLGNT said:
    Who’s cookin’ and what you having?
    ...even though I was scheduled to work, The Great Pumpkin granted my wish and I got the day free!....spent it at my daughters....she and Tracy prepared the feast whilst I held the couch down and ensured no-one tried to make off with it....had the usual fixins'....GNTSON was there with his wife, baby to be and Bryson...only missing my youngest since he's in Florida...we facetimed, but it just ain't the same....he and his lady spent it with a neighbor who's folks lived out of state and took a walk on the beach....blessed day overall....
    NotaroHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoirdoyoulove19
  • ....Kurb that sounds great.....and it tickles me for no apparent reason that you have Mexican restaurants.....Cat?....I got nothin', except thankfulness that Brandon's OK....only thing I can think is that possibly he had something otherwise innocuous in his system that reacted near-fatally with the anesthesia.....
    NeesycatFlakeNoirKurben

• My workplace. House or Palace rather is built in 1614 and it is the main building of Svea Hovrätt, Court of appeal? i guess. It takes up 5 houses that are neighbouring, the archive, where i work is just to the right out of the pic. The statue on the left is of Birger Jarl, the founder of Stockholm in 1250. 
    GNTLGNTNeesyNotaroFlakeNoirSundropdoyoulove19
  • edited November 2021
    Kurben, that is just so beautiful. What a stimulating work environment.

are you allowed to take photos inside? Don’t risk it if you shouldn’t. 
    GNTLGNTNeesyNotaroFlakeNoir
  • This is the reception. Just inside the entrance after you passed the security check that every visitor have to go through.

GNTLGNTNeesyNotaroFlakeNoirSundrop
  • And this is the place where the archive is located and the entrance i use every morning. Its called the Palace Of Schering Rosenhane who was a big nobleman in the 17,th century of german origin. Straight forward is the archive entrance but my room is actually in the house to the right because the archive has expanded so i most often use that sideentrance to the palace.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesyNotaroFlakeNoirSundrop
  • Wow, reception is so modern looking. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTNeesyNotaroFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Who’s cookin’ and what you having?
    ...even though I was scheduled to work, The Great Pumpkin granted my wish and I got the day free!....spent it at my daughters....she and Tracy prepared the feast whilst I held the couch down and ensured no-one tried to make off with it....had the usual fixins'....GNTSON was there with his wife, baby to be and Bryson...only missing my youngest since he's in Florida...we facetimed, but it just ain't the same....he and his lady spent it with a neighbor who's folks lived out of state and took a walk on the beach....blessed day overall....
    Sounds perfect! How did you get out of work????
    NeesyNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    And this is the place where the archive is located and the entrance i use every morning. Its called the Palace Of Schering Rosenhane who was a big nobleman in the 17,th century of german origin. Straight forward is the archive entrance but my room is actually in the house to the right because the archive has expanded so i most often use that sideentrance to the palace.

...has to use the "side entrance to the palace".....no offense but that just struck me as incredibly funny......closest I've ever been to a palace is when I use "The Throne".... :D
    NeesyHedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    And this is the place where the archive is located and the entrance i use every morning. Its called the Palace Of Schering Rosenhane who was a big nobleman in the 17,th century of german origin. Straight forward is the archive entrance but my room is actually in the house to the right because the archive has expanded so i most often use that sideentrance to the palace.

...has to use the "side entrance to the palace".....no offense but that just struck me as incredibly funny......closest I've ever been to a palace is when I use "The Throne".... :D
    The first pic i showed was actually a royal palace for awhile and the royals lived there. The old Royal castle burnt down in 1697 so while a new one was being built, the one thats still standing, they lived in whats now the court of appeal. They lived there for about 40 years until the castle was done. I guess it was seen as next best in the neighborhood.... (and i guess it sounds a bit funny)
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ...it just gave me a chuckle that you get to report to work in a palace, instead of the usual office building most of us might think of....
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • @Kurben your work place is incredibly beautiful and what history, you must be absolutely in your element. This was such a great fit for you and I'm glad the opportunity came along. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • @cat this has been so scary for your family! How is Brandon doing now? I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, making up for your scare a little. 
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNT
  • @Sundrop I've been thinking of you and wondering how things have been going, I'm worried about certain things. Please check in when you can?
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Also, susannorton — what damage did she find after the storm that flooded everything? 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    @cat this has been so scary for your family! How is Brandon doing now? I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, making up for your scare a little. 
    He is doing great. Feels great and already irritated at having to wear the heart monitor. He keeps saying things like, "It's been a week and a half since I died." Or a coworker made up a meme that had his picture in the movie poster for Flatliners. He thinks it's hilarious. 

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I'm glad he feels like joking about it but for me, it is too soon for stuff like that. 🤦‍♀️
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Also, susannorton — what damage did she find after the storm that flooded everything? 
    I usually log in to FB tomorrow, I'll leave her a PM and see how she's doing.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • cat said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    @cat this has been so scary for your family! How is Brandon doing now? I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, making up for your scare a little. 
    He is doing great. Feels great and already irritated at having to wear the heart monitor. He keeps saying things like, "It's been a week and a half since I died." Or a coworker made up a meme that had his picture in the movie poster for Flatliners. He thinks it's hilarious. 

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I'm glad he feels like joking about it but for me, it is too soon for stuff like that. 🤦‍♀️
    I've worn a heart monitor on multiple occasions, they're a right pain in the ass! I'm glad that he and his friends are at the joking stage and I understand it being far too soon for mom. 💜
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbencatHedda Gabler
  • Have a Relaxing Sunday to all   Zindagi Ki Mahek
    (((all in need or not)))
    not_nadineGNTLGNTKurbencatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • cat said:
    FlakeNoir said:

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

...humor does the heart good, and I'm happy he's at the griping stage....means he's doing well....
    KurbencatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    @Kurben your work place is incredibly beautiful and what history, you must be absolutely in your element. This was such a great fit for you and I'm glad the opportunity came along. 
    We're gonna have the christmas party at the 16,th of december and have booked one of the bigger rooms for the occasions. It is after workingtime so were allowed to eat drink and be jolly. II hope to see more of the historic places in the palaces. For example in 1792 a swedish king, Gustav III, was assassinated while visiting the Opera. His killer sat for a year in the deep dungeons under the palace that was used as prison cells until he was dragged out one morning and hanged. He was a nobleman named Johan Jakob Ancharström and is probably the most known murderer in swedish history. He was not a fan of the kings politics..... It would be interesting to see the dungeon where he sat.....
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    @Kurben your work place is incredibly beautiful and what history, you must be absolutely in your element. This was such a great fit for you and I'm glad the opportunity came along. 
    We're gonna have the christmas party at the 16,th of december and have booked one of the bigger rooms for the occasions. It is after workingtime so were allowed to eat drink and be jolly. II hope to see more of the historic places in the palaces. For example in 1792 a swedish king, Gustav III, was assassinated while visiting the Opera. His killer sat for a year in the deep dungeons under the palace that was used as prison cells until he was dragged out one morning and hanged. He was a nobleman named Johan Jakob Ancharström and is probably the most known murderer in swedish history. He was not a fan of the kings politics..... It would be interesting to see the dungeon where he sat.....
    Oooo, if you get to see it, share with us if you can. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroKurben
  • Oh my goodness... yes Kurben, all the details, please. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenGNTLGNT