Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Now i'm a little nervous. Just read about a shooting in Boulder, Colorado. Some members of my brothers family live in Boulder. My brother live in a neighboring town called Fort Collins but he and his wife often visit relatives. I'll try to call him.......
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerSundropMarshaNotaroNeesycat
  • Kurben said:
    Now i'm a little nervous. Just read about a shooting in Boulder, Colorado. Some members of my brothers family live in Boulder. My brother live in a neighboring town called Fort Collins but he and his wife often visit relatives. I'll try to call him.......
    Keep us posted...
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerMarshaNotaroNeesycat
  • Neesy said:
    Good day (Happy Sunday!)

Today I made a "puffy cheese bake" and then decided to make a dessert so tried "Blushing Betty" but instead of using rhubarb I'm using Gala apples.

It takes a whole hour to bake so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works

Blushing Betty Rhubarb Dessert Recipe  Allrecipes....or....

7 Blushing Betty Boop Figurine in Party Dress with Girls Night -  Walmartcom - Walmartcom
    Hedda GablerSundropFlakeNoirMarshaNotaroNeesycat
  • Sundrop said:
    Hey Y'all.    Long time, no see.  Just checking in to let you know I'm still alive and breathing.
    It's been a really long, weird winter season, but hopefully I'll be able to check in more often.
    I got my first dose of the covid vaccine weekend before last, I've been rock picking at my uncle's house, bought a copy of Laterstarted preparing flower beds, visited a really cool antique shop, and sadly, watched the Tar Heels lose in the first round of March Madness.  Whatch Y'all been up to?  Hope everyone is well and happy.
    Lexington Clinic Foundation <3 
    Hedda GablerSundropFlakeNoirMarshaNotaroNeesycat
  • Kurben said:
    Now i'm a little nervous. Just read about a shooting in Boulder, Colorado. Some members of my brothers family live in Boulder. My brother live in a neighboring town called Fort Collins but he and his wife often visit relatives. I'll try to call him.......
    ...Deb & Vince and Grandpa all live in those environs as well.....prayers for all!....
    KurbenHedda GablerSundropFlakeNoirMarshaNotaroNeesycat
  • I called my brother and he was home just sitting down to his dinner when i called so he and Jackie (you met her in the Denver SKMB meeting) are safe. They just heard about it but seems they are all safe and sound.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerGrandpaSundropFlakeNoirMarshaNotaroNeesycat
  • Kurben said:
    I called my brother and he was home just sitting down to his dinner when i called so he and Jackie (you met her in the Denver SKMB meeting) are safe. They just heard about it but seems they are all safe and sound.
    ....so happy to hear that buddy, gonna reach out to Deb and see if all is well....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirMarshaNotaroNeesycat
  • So scary—
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirMarshaNotaroNeesycat
  • .....why all the hate???.....where did we fall off into the abode of the damned???....
    KurbenSundropMarshaNotaroNeesycat
  • Grandpa and his family safe. 
    GrandpaSundropKurbenFlakeNoirMarshaNotaroGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Thanks, Hedda, and for the prompt for me to visit again. 

Yes, we're safe. We're in Fort Collins, about an hour north of this terrible thing in Boulder. I do have friends and colleagues in the area and am naturally nervous for them and just horrified and shaken by the news reports, scant though they may be. 

Thanks for everyone's concern. Deepest hopes for all we know in the area to be safe and warm tonight. 
    SundropKurbenFlakeNoirnot_nadineHedda GablerMarshaNotaroGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Grandpa said:
    Thanks, Hedda, and for the prompt for me to visit again. 

Yes, we're safe. We're in Fort Collins, about an hour north of this terrible thing in Boulder. I do have friends and colleagues in the area and am naturally nervous for them and just horrified and shaken by the news reports, scant though they may be. 

Thanks for everyone's concern. Deepest hopes for all we know in the area to be safe and warm tonight. 
    I know people in boulder from my childhood. Haven’t spoken to them in years, but hope they are okay. I’ll be watching the list of names. 
    NotaroKurbenMarshaFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Sundrop said:
    Hey Y'all.    Long time, no see.  Just checking in to let you know I'm still alive and breathing.
    It's been a really long, weird winter season, but hopefully I'll be able to check in more often.
    I got my first dose of the covid vaccine weekend before last, I've been rock picking at my uncle's house, bought a copy of Laterstarted preparing flower beds, visited a really cool antique shop, and sadly, watched the Tar Heels lose in the first round of March Madness.  Whatch Y'all been up to?  Hope everyone is well and happy.

Have been thinking about you and wondering how you were. Good to see you checking in!
    SundropKurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Sundrop said:

Wow I was just thinking of you a day or two ago - it's great to see you posting again! ♥

GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirSundropMarshaHedda GablerNotaro
  • Grandpa said:
    Thanks, Hedda, and for the prompt for me to visit again. 

....glad to hear from you Jason.....blessings be that you're safe....also heard from Vince & Deb.....all is well......I'm just sickened over the latest loss of life......
    NeesycatFlakeNoirSundropMarshaHedda GablerNotaro
  • Glad to see you @Sundrop

Glad all our people are safe. 

Got Lily's Ear Clear food and water bowls today. Really anxious to see if they will cut down on the messes in my kitchen. 
    FlakeNoirSundropMarshaHedda GablerNotaroNeesyGNTLGNT
  • edited March 2021
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Got Lily's Ear Clear food and water bowls today. Really anxious to see if they will cut down on the messes in my kitchen. 
    I was just thinking about you the other day.  I bought myself a rhubarb plant and a cake mix......now, I just need you to tell me what to do with it in order to get rhubarb cake :D
    MarshacatHedda GablerNotaroKurbenNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

I was just thinking about you the other day.  I bought myself a rhubarb plant and a cake mix......now, I just need you to tell me what to do with it in order to get rhubarb cake :D
    I have no idea!! 😆😆 I'd just make the cake and throw the rhubarb away! 😄😉🤪
    MarshaSundropHedda GablerNotaroKurbenNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Dangit girl! I just spewed tea everywhere  :D :D :D I thought you had posted about making a cake with some rhubarb and a cake mix.  I guess I was mistaken LMAO 
    Hedda GablerMarshacatNotaroKurbenNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

That’s a brilliant  recipe! 🤣
    MarshacatNotaroNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Dangit girl! I just spewed tea everywhere  :D :D :D I thought you had posted about making a cake with some rhubarb and a cake mix.  I guess I was mistaken LMAO 
    😄😄 Yeah, it wasn't me, I don't like rhubarb. Hahaha! Maybe it was @Neesy?? 
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Don't listen to those rhubarb haters! :) I have a recipe for rhubarb coffee cake but it's from scratch not using a mix. The rhubarb in that is diced into 1" pieces and has cinnamon, allspice, and ground cloves added as well for more of the coffee cake flavoring. Not sure if that's what you're going for, though.
    catHedda GablerNotaroNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundropdoyoulove19
  • Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Don't listen to those rhubarb haters! :) I have a recipe for rhubarb coffee cake but it's from scratch not using a mix. The rhubarb in that is diced into 1" pieces and has cinnamon, allspice, and ground cloves added as well for more of the coffee cake flavoring. Not sure if that's what you're going for, though.
    Rhubarb is the devil’s spunk. Along with beets and turnips. 
    catMarshaNotaroKurbenNeesyFlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNT