Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Marsha said:
    Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Glad all our people are safe. 

Got Lily's Ear Clear food and water bowls today. Really anxious to see if they will cut down on the messes in my kitchen. 
    I was just thinking about you the other day.  I bought myself a rhubarb plant and a cake mix......now, I just need you to tell me what to do with it in order to get rhubarb cake :D
    I have no idea!! 😆😆 I'd just make the cake and throw the rhubarb away! 😄😉🤪
    Dangit girl! I just spewed tea everywhere  :D :D :D I thought you had posted about making a cake with some rhubarb and a cake mix.  I guess I was mistaken LMAO 

Don't listen to those rhubarb haters! :) I have a recipe for rhubarb coffee cake but it's from scratch not using a mix. The rhubarb in that is diced into 1" pieces and has cinnamon, allspice, and ground cloves added as well for more of the coffee cake flavoring. Not sure if that's what you're going for, though.
    That sounds really good!  I'd love to try it.  
    I love rhubarb.  I can remember picking it with my grandpa, and my grandma made the best rhubarb pie.  

I'll put it in the What's Cooking thread. :)

I agree with you about the coconut, too. A little of that goes a very long way. As for the brussels sprouts, though, I don't like them that much when they're boiled or steamed but roasted in the oven and then mixed with a little balsamic vinegar, they have a very different flavor. The roasting sweetens them so they taste less like boiled cabbage (although I do like that in corned beef and cabbage).

Have you ever tried adding (about 3 lightly beaten) eggs and a little nutmeg to the regular rhubarb pie recipe? It's not quite thick enough to be a true custard (fine by me, not a big custard fan) but it adds a little something extra that is really good. It's my favorite version of rhubarb pie.
    I was doing great with the brussel sprouts —- and then....

i threw up in my mouth. Just a little bit. 

You're welcome! :D That's what happens to me when lima beans are mentioned. People actually eat those?! :p
    I question your integrity. 😛

:D
    catspideymanNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Oh now i can’t question your integrity.  You messed that up by being so supportive in my quest for beta reading jobs. 

Okay, you can hate 4 lima beans. 
    MarshacatKurbenspideymanNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Oh now i can’t question your integrity.  You messed that up by being so supportive in my quest for beta reading jobs. 

Okay, you can hate 4 lima beans. 

Or how about this, I'll eat your helpings of the rhubarb and you can have all my share of the lima beans?
    catKurbenspideymanNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Push your plate over so i can scrap that shit off mine. 

😂
    MarshacatNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Push your plate over so i can scrap that shit off mine. 

😂

Gladly and ditto!
    Hedda GablercatKurbenspideymanNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • 🤣😂🥰
    MarshacatKurbenspideymanNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Yesterday was my birthday. I had a great day. Was quiet during the daytime, as Scott is on nights but I read a little. Scott said he was sorry for not having anything for me to unwrap and I told him he just bought me a car, I was not a bit disappointed. 😆 After doing my taxi runs for kids from their practices (Ali, track and Ty, play) we went to Brandon's. 

Marti cooked me a fabulous feast. Chicken enchiladas, beef tacos, rice, beans and chips. I got spoiled with gifts, a Columbia fleece jacket from Evan and a nice salt and pepper grinder set and The Grady Twins figures for my bookshelves from Brandon and Marti and the littles. 

Then I was treated to my own themed cake! It was chocolate with raspberry filling. Oh my goodness. So much good stuff. 

Putting a pic behind spoilers because I loathe pictures of myself and usually avoid being in them.  I look so icky all the time. But I really wanted to share what my cake looked like. 😀
    That is Ty in there with me. We were laughing because Spencer did not want anyone to sing happy birthday to me. He spent the whole song saying No! No! No! I love and appreciate that Marti went to this much trouble to make my birthday dinner really great. 

Topped off the evening with a game of Clue. Marti won. 😀 It was a nice birthday. 

spideymanNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTSundropdoyoulove19
  • edited March 2021
    Oh my! That cake!    Love it.  You look great and so happy! Cute son — perfect.

happy birthday cat!
    catKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTSundrop
  • cat said:
    Yesterday was my birthday. I had a great day. Was quiet during the daytime, as Scott is on nights but I read a little. Scott said he was sorry for not having anything for me to unwrap and I told him he just bought me a car, I was not a bit disappointed. 😆 After doing my taxi runs for kids from their practices (Ali, track and Ty, play) we went to Brandon's. 

Marti cooked me a fabulous feast. Chicken enchiladas, beef tacos, rice, beans and chips. I got spoiled with gifts, a Columbia fleece jacket from Evan and a nice salt and pepper grinder set and The Grady Twins figures for my bookshelves from Brandon and Marti and the littles. 

Then I was treated to my own themed cake! It was chocolate with raspberry filling. Oh my goodness. So much good stuff. 

Putting a pic behind spoilers because I loathe pictures of myself and usually avoid being in them.  I look so icky all the time. But I really wanted to share what my cake looked like. 😀
    That is Ty in there with me. We were laughing because Spencer did not want anyone to sing happy birthday to me. He spent the whole song saying No! No! No! I love and appreciate that Marti went to this much trouble to make my birthday dinner really great. 

Topped off the evening with a game of Clue. Marti won. 😀 It was a nice birthday. 

So glad you had your special day with special family.   Marti was very creative with the cake-- 
    @cat, icky not  a word that describes you- never/  you are a beautiful person. Just look at the joy that radiates from you!  
    catHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Happy Birthday Cat!! Both you, the cake and your son looks beautiful. Happy that you had a great birthday!!
    Hedda GablercatNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • You are both sweet to say so. Was not fishing for compliments, I genuinely hate my puffy face and eyes. Especially my eyes. It is not an age thing, but the weight thing and what the thyroid disease has done to my eyes. They used to be my best feature. Now I look like a frog. I guess it is what it is though. 🤷‍♀️

Thank you both for your kindness. 🥰
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • edited March 2021
    cat said:
    You are both sweet to say so. Was not fishing for compliments, I genuinely hate my puffy face and eyes. Especially my eyes. It is not an age thing, but the weight thing and what the thyroid disease has done to my eyes. They used to be my best feature. Now I look like a frog. I guess it is what it is though. 🤷‍♀️

I know you weren’t fishing. I think you are absolutely adorable and that smile !  You have one of those smiles that’s so spontaneous and genuine — people can’t help but respond in kind. I opened that spoiler and immediately smiled with you. 
    catKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    Happy Birthday Cat!! Both you, the cake and your son looks beautiful. Happy that you had a great birthday!!
    Thank you Kurben! ❤
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Happy Birthday Cat🎂🎉🍰....... where do we queue up for cake😁
    FlakeNoircatHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • @Marsha it's so hard to know which emoji to go with when you keep throwing in the Barbs... (of the Rhu kind) 😁

@cat.... beautiful! I love that photo! Happy belated birthday, I'm so pleased everyone gave you a great day. 🥳🎂
    NotaroHedda GablercatKurbenMarshaGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    Yesterday was my birthday. I had a great day. Was quiet during the daytime, as Scott is on nights but I read a little. Scott said he was sorry for not having anything for me to unwrap and I told him he just bought me a car, I was not a bit disappointed. 😆 After doing my taxi runs for kids from their practices (Ali, track and Ty, play) we went to Brandon's. 

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration. That meal has my mouth watering.
    GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNotaro
  • cat said:
    You are both sweet to say so. Was not fishing for compliments, I genuinely hate my puffy face and eyes. Especially my eyes. It is not an age thing, but the weight thing and what the thyroid disease has done to my eyes. They used to be my best feature. Now I look like a frog. I guess it is what it is though. 🤷‍♀️

....heartfelt love is not only kindness, but truth Cat....you are a tremendous friend, outstanding Mom and rock of a spouse....Happy belated birthday!..... <3
    MarshacatKurbenHedda GablerNotaro
  • ....scraping shit, slammin' beans and Team Rhubarb.....sweet baby Jeebus.....

NotaroMarshacatKurbenSundropHedda Gabler
  • Top 37 Happy Saturday Images Pictures Photos GIFs (((all in need or not)))
    GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Sundrop said:
    Neesy said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Got Lily's Ear Clear food and water bowls today. Really anxious to see if they will cut down on the messes in my kitchen. 
    I was just thinking about you the other day.  I bought myself a rhubarb plant and a cake mix......now, I just need you to tell me what to do with it in order to get rhubarb cake :D
    Dangit girl! I just spewed tea everywhere  :D :D :D I thought you had posted about making a cake with some rhubarb and a cake mix.  I guess I was mistaken LMAO 
    😄😄 Yeah, it wasn't me, I don't like rhubarb. Hahaha! Maybe it was @Neesy?? 

Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Don't listen to those rhubarb haters! :) I have a recipe for rhubarb coffee cake but it's from scratch not using a mix. The rhubarb in that is diced into 1" pieces and has cinnamon, allspice, and ground cloves added as well for more of the coffee cake flavoring. Not sure if that's what you're going for, though.

Nope it was not me with the cake mix recipe (although I admit to having bought chocolate brownie mixes and sometimes spice cake mixes on sale)

I like the idea of a from scratch coffee cake Marsha; cake mixes are good for maybe one or two days but they change after storing them if that makes sense. Could be all those preservatives;

My apple betty is nice - it's good with whipped cream for dessert after supper but it's almost gone now.

I remember somebody posting on SKMB and they called it a poke cake - maybe it was @hollygolightly?

Okay. We’re on the hunt now to find that other rhubarb loving muthaf’er”.   Release the hounds!

😜😜😜😜please know i’m teasing. 
    Now I'm thinking maybe it was doyou?......

Was it you who made the blue raspberry pie?

GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablercatSundrop