Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Glad all our people are safe. 

Got Lily's Ear Clear food and water bowls today. Really anxious to see if they will cut down on the messes in my kitchen. 
    I was just thinking about you the other day.  I bought myself a rhubarb plant and a cake mix......now, I just need you to tell me what to do with it in order to get rhubarb cake :D
    I have no idea!! 😆😆 I'd just make the cake and throw the rhubarb away! 😄😉🤪
    Dangit girl! I just spewed tea everywhere  :D :D :D I thought you had posted about making a cake with some rhubarb and a cake mix.  I guess I was mistaken LMAO 

Don't listen to those rhubarb haters! :) I have a recipe for rhubarb coffee cake but it's from scratch not using a mix. The rhubarb in that is diced into 1" pieces and has cinnamon, allspice, and ground cloves added as well for more of the coffee cake flavoring. Not sure if that's what you're going for, though.
    Rhubarb is the devil’s spunk. Along with beets and turnips. 

Nope, that would be lima beans.  *barf*
    Hedda GablercatNeesyGNTLGNTSundropspideyman
  • I’m shocked SHOCKED you would say such a thing about lima beans. Sweet innocent yummy lima beans. 
    catGNTLGNTSundropspideyman
  • I'm sure I mentioned my recipe for celery before, but just in case.

Take a dozen celery sticks, wash them and then cut then into inch long pieces, put them into a container, fill it with vinegar and leave to steep overnight, next morning drain the celery and throw it in the bin. 
    catHedda GablerNeesynot_nadineGNTLGNTSundropspideyman
  • I'm on the rhubarb team. Rhubarb is great. Lima beans is actually barfworthy!
    catNeesyNotaroGNTLGNTSundropspideyman
  • Kurben said:
    I'm on the rhubarb team. Rhubarb is great. Lima beans is actually barfworthy!
    Et tu, kurben? Et tu? 😩
    KurbencatNotaroGNTLGNTSundropspideyman
  • Kurben said:
    I'm on the rhubarb team. Rhubarb is great. Lima beans is actually barfworthy!
    Et tu, kurben? Et tu? 😩
    Sorry but my mother used to make a delicious rhubarb pie. I defy anyone that has eaten it to not like rhubarb. Does that make sense??  :D :D
    catNeesyNotaroGNTLGNTSundropMarshaspideymandoyoulove19
  • Not  in the slightest. 

😂🤣😜
    KurbencatNotaroGNTLGNTSundropMarshaspideyman
  • edited March 2021
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Got Lily's Ear Clear food and water bowls today. Really anxious to see if they will cut down on the messes in my kitchen. 
    I was just thinking about you the other day.  I bought myself a rhubarb plant and a cake mix......now, I just need you to tell me what to do with it in order to get rhubarb cake :D
    Dangit girl! I just spewed tea everywhere  :D :D :D I thought you had posted about making a cake with some rhubarb and a cake mix.  I guess I was mistaken LMAO 
    😄😄 Yeah, it wasn't me, I don't like rhubarb. Hahaha! Maybe it was @Neesy?? 

Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Don't listen to those rhubarb haters! :) I have a recipe for rhubarb coffee cake but it's from scratch not using a mix. The rhubarb in that is diced into 1" pieces and has cinnamon, allspice, and ground cloves added as well for more of the coffee cake flavoring. Not sure if that's what you're going for, though.

Nope it was not me with the cake mix recipe (although I admit to having bought chocolate brownie mixes and sometimes spice cake mixes on sale)

I like the idea of a from scratch coffee cake Marsha; cake mixes are good for maybe one or two days but they change after storing them if that makes sense. Could be all those preservatives;

My apple betty is nice - it's good with whipped cream for dessert after supper but it's almost gone now.

I remember somebody posting on SKMB and they called it a poke cake - maybe it was @hollygolightly?

catNotaroGNTLGNTSundropMarshaspideyman
  • Not  in the slightest. 

😂🤣😜

Now I know what to get you for Christmas: :p:smile:

KurbenHedda GablercatNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirSundropMarshaspideyman
  • 🤮🤮🤢😵
    catGNTLGNTSundropMarshaspideyman
  • Neesy said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Nope it was not me with the cake mix recipe (although I admit to having bought chocolate brownie mixes and sometimes spice cake mixes on sale)

I like the idea of a from scratch coffee cake Marsha; cake mixes are good for maybe one or two days but they change after storing them if that makes sense. Could be all those preservatives;

My apple betty is nice - it's good with whipped cream for dessert after supper but it's almost gone now.

I remember somebody posting on SKMB and they called it a poke cake - maybe it was @hollygolightly?

Okay. We’re on the hunt now to find that other rhubarb loving muthaf’er”.   Release the hounds!

😜😜😜😜please know i’m teasing. 
    NotarocatKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirSundropMarshaNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Yes. Minus the beets. And turnips, if you mix them with carrots. If by turnips, we're talking Kiwi (not the fruit) swedes. 

Oh fricksake. Down with Rhubarb. *puke* 
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTSundropMarshaspideymanNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

....and MAN does her strawberry-rhubarb pie kick ass!!....
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenSundropHedda GablerMarshaspideymanNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

....and MAN does her strawberry-rhubarb pie kick ass!!....
    Sacrilege. Absolute disrespect to The Strawberry. 
    Shocking...
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerMarshaspideymanGNTLGNTNeesy
  • ....so I guess my lima bean/rhubarb scones are not welcome her??......Hmmmmmph!!!...

MFW I come across posts of peoples nails getting ripped off - Album on  Imgur
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerMarshaspideymanNeesy
  • They look so innocent.

NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaspideymanGNTLGNTNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....so I guess my lima bean/rhubarb scones are not welcome her??......Hmmmmmph!!!...

MFW I come across posts of peoples nails getting ripped off - Album on  Imgur
    Uh..... no.
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerMarshaspideymanGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

That sounds really good!  I'd love to try it.  
    I love rhubarb.  I can remember picking it with my grandpa, and my grandma made the best rhubarb pie.  
    Hedda GablercatMarshaspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTNeesydoyoulove19
  • Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

No, no.  That's coconut is the devil's spunk. Along with beets and brussel sprouts. 
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoircatMarshaspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Sundrop said:
    Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

I love rhubarb.  I can remember picking it with my grandpa, and my grandma made the best rhubarb pie.  
    Glad to have you on Team Rhubarb, Sunny!!
    SundropHedda GablerFlakeNoircatMarshaspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Neesy said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

Okay. We’re on the hunt now to find that other rhubarb loving muthaf’er”.   Release the hounds!

😜😜😜😜please know i’m teasing. 
    Now I'm thinking maybe it was doyou?......
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoircatMarshaspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTNeesydoyoulove19
  • Sundrop said:
    Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

I'll put it in the What's Cooking thread. :)

I agree with you about the coconut, too. A little of that goes a very long way. As for the brussels sprouts, though, I don't like them that much when they're boiled or steamed but roasted in the oven and then mixed with a little balsamic vinegar, they have a very different flavor. The roasting sweetens them so they taste less like boiled cabbage (although I do like that in corned beef and cabbage).

Have you ever tried adding (about 3 lightly beaten) eggs and a little nutmeg to the regular rhubarb pie recipe? It's not quite thick enough to be a true custard (fine by me, not a big custard fan) but it adds a little something extra that is really good. It's my favorite version of rhubarb pie.
    catspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTSundropNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

I agree with you about the coconut, too. A little of that goes a very long way. As for the brussels sprouts, though, I don't like them that much when they're boiled or steamed but roasted in the oven and then mixed with a little balsamic vinegar, they have a very different flavor. The roasting sweetens them so they taste less like boiled cabbage (although I do like that in corned beef and cabbage).

Have you ever tried adding (about 3 lightly beaten) eggs and a little nutmeg to the regular rhubarb pie recipe? It's not quite thick enough to be a true custard (fine by me, not a big custard fan) but it adds a little something extra that is really good. It's my favorite version of rhubarb pie.
    I was doing great with the brussel sprouts —- and then....

i threw up in my mouth. Just a little bit. 
    MarshaKurbencatspideymanNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

You're welcome! :D That's what happens to me when lima beans are mentioned. People actually eat those?! :p
    KurbencatspideymanNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundropNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    Marsha said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Sundrop said:
    cat said:
    Glad to see you @Sundrop

You're welcome! :D That's what happens to me when lima beans are mentioned. People actually eat those?! :p
    I question your integrity. 😛
    MarshacatKurbenspideymanNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop