Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    So glad you're back playing floorball, Kurben, you always loved this game. You might have to build up your fitness slowly, don't overdo it. ☺️
    The irony of it is that i feel kind of ok from a floorball playing perspective but the localities are hazardous!! Not the hall were playing in, it was great, but the showers!!! They were dirty and even worse extremely slippery. I actually fell in the shower and hurt my back and my neck in what i think is a minor whiplash injury. I waited to take my shower until i got home and could be safe. Probably stank on the subway home but i was darn lucky not to hit my head in the stone floor so i decided to stay smelly a while. Better safe than sorry.
    Oh god, that's awful Kurben. 🥺 Please be careful and see your doctor if things don't improve soon. 
    It was a bit difficult to sleep that  night but it feels better now. I have been taking some painkillers but now its more tender than painful. I think its trending in the right direction. Thanks for the thoughts!
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • ...and never use a public shower without wearing flip-flops....save your feet from the fungi and other biological contamination....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Some of my friends are starting to get grey and losing some hair. They are not less active, more so than me i think, but it is a reminder that we are closer to 60 than 50 now and its a strange feeling because i dont feel it. I inherited my mothers way of looking way younger than she was. It wasn't until after 75 that her black hair started to slowly go grey. The only place i really feel it are the knees. Oh, well..... Cest la vie i guess
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....due to family genetics, I went gray early on-and now it's pretty much white...really don't mind-the only issue I have is with the aging body gripes.....that, and staring down the barrel of 62 here in a few days....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I’m going silvery right around my face only. and I am having my hair girl add more silver into my hair throughout. I’m gonna rock it man! 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ...I'm glad Tracy finally embraced her gray....it's lovely....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirnot_nadineKurbenNeesy
  • I've just tested positive for covid.   Dammit.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • I've just tested positive for covid.   Dammit.

Ah bugger, I hope you'll have mild symptoms.
    (Weren't you just visiting Chris? 😳 I hope he stays negative 🤞🙏)
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Yep, I was.  His sister has it too.   It would be terrible if he was exposed in his condition
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • I have been making room in the attic. When they start changing the water pipes and things they need access there too since some go there. 35 years of things standing in the way...... Its crazy what you amass and soon forget you even have in places like this. Almost done there though i think now. And i feel immensely proud of myself which is totally illogical really. Gosh how much junk i have been throwing away.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    I have been making room in the attic. When they start changing the water pipes and things they need access there too since some go there. 35 years of things standing in the way...... Its crazy what you amass and soon forget you even have in places like this. Almost done there though i think now. And i feel immensely proud of myself which is totally illogical really. Gosh how much junk i have been throwing away.
    ...having had to sort thru 4 households of stuff in the last couple of years, I feel ya!...still have crap to pitch and we've filled 4 large dumpsters.....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • The attic and the living room are more or less done. Just small things left. But the bedroom and the kitchen, especially the kitchen are more difficult. After all, the plan is that i shall live here while this is going on so must find a way to make accessible for the workers and at the same time functionally working for me, Not the easiesr equation to solve. I have been looking for a room to rent cheap for a month or so but its difficult..... Starting date first week in october.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    The attic and the living room are more or less done. Just small things left. But the bedroom and the kitchen, especially the kitchen are more difficult. After all, the plan is that i shall live here while this is going on so must find a way to make accessible for the workers and at the same time functionally working for me, Not the easiesr equation to solve. I have been looking for a room to rent cheap for a month or so but its difficult..... Starting date first week in october.
    Any way you can sleep at your work space? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Another day of work because of the covid.
    I feel guilty not going in, but I don't want to spread it.  Feel like a leper.

Besides, I can't get into the bathroom at all.  My cat has something trapped in there. Just staring at the heater vent and won't move.   I don't wanna know. :#
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    The attic and the living room are more or less done. Just small things left. But the bedroom and the kitchen, especially the kitchen are more difficult. After all, the plan is that i shall live here while this is going on so must find a way to make accessible for the workers and at the same time functionally working for me, Not the easiesr equation to solve. I have been looking for a room to rent cheap for a month or so but its difficult..... Starting date first week in october.
    Any way you can sleep at your work space? 
    No, thats out.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited September 2023
     :s :s Feathers all over the bathroom.   Little tiny bird in the middle of it all.
    Thanks, kitty and good morning to you too.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  •  :s :s Feathers all over the bathroom.   Little tiny bird in the middle of it all.
    Thanks, kitty and good morning to you too.

Is this the fabled Harley Cat, N.N? She is so beautiful.  🐈‍⬛😻
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Yes, that is the murderous stinker.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Yes, that is the murderous stinker.
    😁 They're equal parts villain and hero, aren't they?😃

How are you feeling? I hope you've recovered from your bout and Chris stayed free of it.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Oh shite it's Kris, with a "K"! So sorry, I'm losing my mind. 😳🙄🫣
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  •  :)  Going to work today, I have to.  Still feel pretty funky but over the isolation time.
    Kris didn't get it, but he is still working on his own issues.  Hopefully after the next procedure he will be well enough to come home.
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited September 2023
    Hey kids!   Just back from work.  Laid off!  Guess they did not like the time I missed?
    Great.  They said 'call it lack of work'

wonderful.  I'm supposed to drive down to see Kris this weekend, but honestly don't feel taking the 2 hr drive to the south beaches now.  Maybe tomorrow.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • whining a little about these water pipes that will be switched all through the apartment complex. In the kitchen now.... Am a bit fuzzy on how much, if any, of the stuff that are in the cupboards should be removed? I mean will glasses and things break when they do the powertool stuff even if they arent exactly where the pipes are? Sigh, i wish it were over and i was out on the other side.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Got covid, got laid off  the hell.
    Went to see Kris down at the beach.  Now my Kitty is missing.  

GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • very very worried about kitty.  I've been calling and calling for her.   She goes outdoors, in and out - but never for so long
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy