Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Kurben said:
    Had a very disturbing dream. Have i seen to many C horror movies? Am i hullucinating? Dreamt that this girl (no face i recognized) killed another girl for getting to friendly with her man. But then she could only get turned on if she made love next to her corpse. The dream did not tell me how she persuaded her man to do this (i would have run away screaming) but she did. Disturbingly clear (the murderous one was a blonde, the killed one a brunette). Should i seek professional help? Hopefully just to much cleaning over the weekend.
    Who the hell are you and WHAT have you done to our Kurben?! 😄☺️
    Too much cleaning, bad movies and cheese before sleep. 😁

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • ....have Quentin Tarantino direct it, and you're set for life.....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Had a very disturbing dream. Have i seen to many C horror movies? Am i hullucinating? Dreamt that this girl (no face i recognized) killed another girl for getting to friendly with her man. But then she could only get turned on if she made love next to her corpse. The dream did not tell me how she persuaded her man to do this (i would have run away screaming) but she did. Disturbingly clear (the murderous one was a blonde, the killed one a brunette). Should i seek professional help? Hopefully just to much cleaning over the weekend.
    Who the hell are you and WHAT have you done to our Kurben?! 😄☺️
    Too much cleaning, bad movies and cheese before sleep. 😁

Is Cheese before sleep a bad thing? Then i do have problems..... I love cheese, at all hours. Ate recently a greek one with garlic in that was an absolute treat. Strong and tasty. HMMM!!!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • ....speaking of cheese, if you post a picture of Meth and Fetea Cheese....would that make it a Meth and Feta Meme?.......(shows himself out the stage door)......
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I've had one more of these very clear dreams. Not so disturbing this time though....  more nostalgic. Dreamt i was being awakened by two friends from my time in Germany. They lived in Leipzig and made my adjustment much easier. I've told the archaeological crew i was leading to correct me when my german was wrong and it was mostly they who did that in a friendly way. They also brought me to concerts and nightclubs. After 6 months of being corrected was much better. They were a nice couple, some years younger than i was in their early 20,s. Wonder what happened to them..... Hoping they are still happily married as they were then.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • I had my 3 month checkup on my blood sugar last week. Have brought my numbers down and I have lost 21 lbs! I was so surprised. I knew I had lost some, based on how clothes were fitting but I don't have a scale. I was hoping for 10 lbs so I was giddy happy. I have fought and fought against my thyroid condition to lose any for years. 

The Dr was very pleased and I am to continue on as I am, and we will check again in 3 months. 

I allowed myself a pretty big cheat day in celebration, my daughter and I saw Barbie and I had popcorn and then we went out for Mexican dinner. But back on it again. 🙂
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Good for you, Cat! I'm glad you'll be feeling better with these changes.❤️
    catGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • ....way to go Catster!!!!....
    catFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    I've had one more of these very clear dreams. Not so disturbing this time though....  more nostalgic. Dreamt i was being awakened by two friends from my time in Germany. They lived in Leipzig and made my adjustment much easier. I've told the archaeological crew i was leading to correct me when my german was wrong and it was mostly they who did that in a friendly way. They also brought me to concerts and nightclubs. After 6 months of being corrected was much better. They were a nice couple, some years younger than i was in their early 20,s. Wonder what happened to them..... Hoping they are still happily married as they were then.
    Oh fck wrong lyrics  rmemes
    FlakeNoirHedda GablercatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    I've had one more of these very clear dreams. Not so disturbing this time though....  more nostalgic. Dreamt i was being awakened by two friends from my time in Germany. They lived in Leipzig and made my adjustment much easier. I've told the archaeological crew i was leading to correct me when my german was wrong and it was mostly they who did that in a friendly way. They also brought me to concerts and nightclubs. After 6 months of being corrected was much better. They were a nice couple, some years younger than i was in their early 20,s. Wonder what happened to them..... Hoping they are still happily married as they were then.
    Oh fck wrong lyrics  rmemes
    Actually it wasn't Rammstein i started to like thanks to them but a duo named Rosenstolz.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    A lovely visit with old friends, even if they weren't aware. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablercatNeesy
  • cat said:
    I had my 3 month checkup on my blood sugar last week. Have brought my numbers down and I have lost 21 lbs! I was so surprised. I knew I had lost some, based on how clothes were fitting but I don't have a scale. I was hoping for 10 lbs so I was giddy happy. I have fought and fought against my thyroid condition to lose any for years. 

The Dr was very pleased and I am to continue on as I am, and we will check again in 3 months. 

I allowed myself a pretty big cheat day in celebration, my daughter and I saw Barbie and I had popcorn and then we went out for Mexican dinner. But back on it again. 🙂
    Very good! But, I want more info on food you ate to lose that. I need to lose that much.  Deets!!!
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • cat said:
    I had my 3 month checkup on my blood sugar last week. Have brought my numbers down and I have lost 21 lbs! I was so surprised. I knew I had lost some, based on how clothes were fitting but I don't have a scale. I was hoping for 10 lbs so I was giddy happy. I have fought and fought against my thyroid condition to lose any for years. 

Very good! But, I want more info on food you ate to lose that. I need to lose that much.  Deets!!!
    Pretty much just cut out carbs. No bread, no potatoes (which was the hardest for me.) No chips, or pasta. No cereal. Very little milk. Not much rice. 

Now, I did allow myself very tiny portions once in a while. If I made mashed potatoes, I had a tiny bit. If I made spaghetti, I had a little bit.  When everyone else has fries I have grilled peppers or sliced cucumber. Lots of eggs, fresh fruit and a handful of nuts here and there, and salads. Cheese. I really do not limit my meat, but am eating less of that too now. Even bacon is low carb. (And my cholesterol also improved 24 points!) And for my beloved Mexican food, I buy low carb tortillas now. Can use those for sandwich wraps, breakfast burritos, quesadilas, tacos, lots of things. Just high protein and low carb and several small servings a day. Corn is not low carb but my favorite vegetable. I have had a few ears of sweet corn. And allow myself a few tortilla chips here and there. 

It was hard bc I love bread. Love, love potatoes. I did a lot of whining. But seeing actual results has helped with motivation. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Have been planning a trip with my brother who is coming over from the states this weekend. We start on monday and will drive north and, hopefully, visit some of the mines that made Sweden rich and powerful in the 16,th and 17,th century. Sala Silver mine and Falu Copper mine. Are not in use anymore but you can go down in them. We'll probably stop at many other culurally and scenically impressive points along the way. We havent decided on an end date but probably on thursday or friday. Have looked through things to see lists but well see where the mood takes us. I'm sure it will be great.
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited August 2023
    cat said:

Pretty much just cut out carbs. No bread, no potatoes (which was the hardest for me.) No chips, or pasta. No cereal. Very little milk. Not much rice. 

Now, I did allow myself very tiny portions once in a while. If I made mashed potatoes, I had a tiny bit. If I made spaghetti, I had a little bit.  When everyone else has fries I have grilled peppers or sliced cucumber. Lots of eggs, fresh fruit and a handful of nuts here and there, and salads. Cheese. I really do not limit my meat, but am eating less of that too now. Even bacon is low carb. (And my cholesterol also improved 24 points!) And for my beloved Mexican food, I buy low carb tortillas now. Can use those for sandwich wraps, breakfast burritos, quesadilas, tacos, lots of things. Just high protein and low carb and several small servings a day. Corn is not low carb but my favorite vegetable. I have had a few ears of sweet corn. And allow myself a few tortilla chips here and there. 

It was hard bc I love bread. Love, love potatoes. I did a lot of whining. But seeing actual results has helped with motivation. 
    This sounds very similar to what I was doing several years back, Cat. (Mostly Keto for me, but I didn't want to keep that up for too long)
    The potatoes and bread were really hard, but it's effective. I lost around 25kg (50lb-ish) over about 4 months.
    It's all stayed off bar about 2kg (4lb) 
    catHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Have been planning a trip with my brother who is coming over from the states this weekend. We start on monday and will drive north and, hopefully, visit some of the mines that made Sweden rich and powerful in the 16,th and 17,th century. Sala Silver mine and Falu Copper mine. Are not in use anymore but you can go down in them. We'll probably stop at many other culurally and scenically impressive points along the way. We havent decided on an end date but probably on thursday or friday. Have looked through things to see lists but well see where the mood takes us. I'm sure it will be great.
    Fantastic Kurben! Your holidays with your brother are always fabulous adventures, I hope you both have a great time.
    Try not to think of every horror story you've ever read as you're down deep below the earth's surface... in the dark. 
    catHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Have been planning a trip with my brother who is coming over from the states this weekend. We start on monday and will drive north and, hopefully, visit some of the mines that made Sweden rich and powerful in the 16,th and 17,th century. Sala Silver mine and Falu Copper mine. Are not in use anymore but you can go down in them. We'll probably stop at many other culurally and scenically impressive points along the way. We havent decided on an end date but probably on thursday or friday. Have looked through things to see lists but well see where the mood takes us. I'm sure it will be great.
    Fantastic Kurben! Your holidays with your brother are always fabulous adventures, I hope you both have a great time.
    Try not to think of every horror story you've ever read as you're down deep below the earth's surface... in the dark. 
    Thanks for reminding me!!
    catHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • cat said:
    cat said:

Wtf cat. Wtf. 

These are all the foods. The only legitimate foods. 

I’m gonna die. Fat. 
    catKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • cat said:
    cat said:

Wtf cat. Wtf. 

I’m gonna die. Fat. 
    Believe me I agree with you! I whined and cried like someone was taking my birthday away. For weeks.  But I REALLY don't want to be put on medication. So I did it. 

This was me the first month. 🙃

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited August 2023
    cat said:
    cat said:
    cat said:

Wtf cat. Wtf. 

I’m gonna die. Fat. 
    Believe me I agree with you! I whined and cried like someone was taking my birthday away. For weeks.  But I REALLY don't want to be put on medication. So I did it. 

This was me the first month. 🙃

Okay. That meme made me laugh prrre-ttty hard. 😂. I hear you. It’s just healthier to get a body on the right track. I really admire your determination. I say that as I roll around in a vat of fettuccine alfredo with ‘scrimps. 
    catKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • .....*munches a bag of cookies and looks on*.....
    catKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • ❤️🎉🥳
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ....taking a couple of days with my honey and running off to a cabin in the Hocking Hills....I'm hoping for Sasquatch Melonhead sightings...her, not so much.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • Have the best time! Photos!!!!!
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy