Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• edited July 2023
    Sorry to say the Kris is not doing well.  He has gone to stay at his sisters house for better care than I could give him.  I miss him so. I just called and he could not even speak.
    But he will get better, he has lost 75 lbs.  He's a big guy and that will help his heart.
    Says he won't come back until I get another job and able to care for him.

Well today I had the most wonderful phone interview and will be scheduled for an in house interview next week.   Now I have another interview Monday, but I want this one I  spoke to today.

I have to admit that I lost my mind taking care of him.  I did it without complaint but it took me down.  I am not a nurse, but goddamn I tried.
      I had no idea how hard it is to take care of someone.   But it is a good day, getting my shit together.   Everything happened at once.

Wish me luck, interview on Monday - but I want the othere job. Then maybe he can come back.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Care giving is hard, really, really f'king hard.

Good luck, I hope you get the job you want and things improve there. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • edited July 2023
    FlakeNoir said:
    Care giving is hard, really, really f'king hard.

Good luck, I hope you get the job you want and things improve there. 
    It really is.  Nurses are angels. 

I'm talking with him every day, he is fine until he takes all the meds. They fuck him up in all kinds of ways.

So Monday is going to be nuts.  I have a second phone interview with the head of engineering for the one I want at 9am.  Then have to go to the in person one at 11. 
     I will have to rush.
    It's all good.  Getting better and stronger.  I was not eating for quite awhile.

Man much as I love him, it took me way down.
    Not that he was demanding, not at all.  Just seeing him getting worse..
    But he is doing ok.  Lost alot of weight, but thats good.

So getting ready for interviews, getting it together - taking care of his kittycat, she loves me!

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • We're all here, Nottie, whenever you need someone to talk to we'll support you everyway we can
    Hedda Gablernot_nadineFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited July 2023
     Thank you. 
    I am going to wow them at these interviews, with portfolio  and my hair looks good.  Got profesional clothes   B)
    Fake it till you make it.   :)

Thank you everyone.
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited July 2023
    Had the most wonderful phone interview this morning!  I've got this, I know it.
    So much so that I postponed the other interview. The president and I worked at the same companys at different times.
    They are going to call back and give me a tour of the place.

yay!

Kris is not doing so well.  He is a big guy, and dr put him on Ozempic along with all the other meds he takes for his heart.  He has lost nearly 100 lbs.   His body is going thru it.  I just hope that once he gets through all of these changes he will be back with the same silly self he is.
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited July 2023
    Oh my gosh. What else could happen these past couple of weeks?
    I'll tell ya.

Bears!  Big black bears outside.  I got kitty in and we are hiding.  They are probably just looking for food in dumsters or something?

Fuck that shit.  hiding.  I did not take that picture, but that's what they look like.

FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Oh my gosh. What else could happen these past couple of weeks?
    I'll tell ya.

Bears!  Big black bears outside.  I got kitty in and we are hiding.  They are probably just looking for food in dumsters or something?

Fuck that shit.  hiding.  I did not take that picture, but that's what they look like.

Wow, be careful! 😳
    (Someone needs to set up a camera so we'll know definitively whether or not a bear does shit in the woods.)
    Maybe get a kitty toilet so Harley cat doesn't have to go outside? 🥹
    Kurbennot_nadineGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Bears are impressive animals but not exactly the type you want to get really close too. They can be unpredictable even if they usually do no harm unless you get close.
    not_nadineFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited July 2023
    I need some good ol trash can lids.   I'm told you just say NO BEAR GO. and clank something together.    Poor things I feel sorry for them.  This is thier land, not mine. I just live here and forcing them out of the woods.   They are waking up from hibernation.
    And God forbid if they have cubs nearby.  Then you are really screwed.

I respect all animals and the nature they live in.  
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited July 2023
    FlakeNoir said:
    I'll tell ya.

Wow, be careful! 😳
    (Someone needs to set up a camera so we'll know definitively whether or not a bear does shit in the woods.)
    FlakeNoir said:
    I'll tell ya.

Wow, be careful! 😳
    Maybe they eat cats?  I don't know.  I will research. But I think they eat berries and stuff?

But little dogs get taken by eagles.  ouch.
    Nature.   We are just going to stay low till I find out more info.
    GNTLGNTNeesy
  • Bears can eat most things. Even if the main part of their diet is vegetarian they certainly eat meat if oppurtunity knocks on the door. So i would definitely keep pets away from them. Perhaps the chance that they would be interested in a cat or a dog isn't very big but why take that chance if you can choose not too?
    not_nadineGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited July 2023
    Nope  Harley is staying in.   She goes out for 3 mnutes and comes right back in.  She has never had a kitty box for bathroom.  I was not a part of her growing up.  But I will protect her.

I've never taken care of a cat before.  But this is the way she grew up.  Waiting for her to come back right now.  I've always had dogs.  

Also she has taken over. I'm a wimp.   All she wants is treats and tuna.  She will look me down till I give her some. and she is not eating her reg food.  Stare at me.

I know.  let her talk and meow at me, then she will eat her diet.
    She is back from outside now. hey hey. Shut the screen that she gets thru.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Nature strikes back in many ways. Recently i saw a newsclip of how a sea otter attacked the surf board and then jumped aboard and chased the surfer into the sea. That on top on the many attacks by orcas on small boats like fishing ships in the atlantic recently (have they attacked boats in the pacific too?) makes you wonder if the sea creatures had a conference and agreed that enough is enough. We will take a stand!! A bit fanciful thinking perhaps but still.....
    FlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited July 2023
    Kurben said:
    Nature strikes back in many ways. Recently i saw a newsclip of how a sea otter attacked the surf board and then jumped aboard and chased the surfer into the sea. That on top on the many attacks by orcas on small boats like fishing ships in the atlantic recently (have they attacked boats in the pacific too?) makes you wonder if the sea creatures had a conference and agreed that enough is enough. We will take a stand!! A bit fanciful thinking perhaps but still.....
    Agree!  Wouldn't that be something?   Zoos next.....  I will clap for them.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • I saw an ostrich once.  Just running down the road.  It was bazzar.  I don't live in aostrich area at all. :In fact it was the first time I saw one, I've got chimunks now the bear.
  • spelled wrong again
  • edited July 2023
    Then the horse incident.   Trotting away.  I had to stop the car and watch him running away to a field. Toward a busy road.  Notified Police.  Barney showed up and did not know what to do either. 

Pulled out his gun and and said 'stop, or I will shoot'   Horse came back and was returned to his house unharmed
  • I've caught a horse one day on my way to work too, many years ago. Walked him back to his paddock, he didn't have a halter on, so I took my sweatshirt off and tied it around his neck like a lead. I'd seen him running down the road, so I shot back home for a couple of carrots, he was happy to follow me back home.
    GNTLGNTnot_nadineKurbenNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I've caught a horse one day on my way to work too, many years ago. Walked him back to his paddock, he didn't have a halter on, so I took my sweatshirt off and tied it around his neck like a lead. I'd seen him running down the road, so I shot back home for a couple of carrots, he was happy to follow me back home.
    Equestrian Movement - Love Your Horse - Best Memes of 2020
    KurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I've caught a horse one day on my way to work too, many years ago. Walked him back to his paddock, he didn't have a halter on, so I took my sweatshirt off and tied it around his neck like a lead. I'd seen him running down the road, so I shot back home for a couple of carrots, he was happy to follow me back home.
    You ok down there?

10 Funny Horse 977  Funny Horse funny horses HD wallpaper  Pxfuel

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited July 2023
    My mom used to take us horseback riding on birthdays or such.   This horse was spooked by a sudden deer jumping out while walking calm thur the woods.  Went way up on his back like in a movie

I was just holding on, then he ran ran with me holding on the the knob thing  Passed other horses and they all ran with him back to to the barn,.  I was trapped between running horses holding on to the knob saddle thing. Full out run -no trotting
    I was probably like 10 years old.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • My mom used to take us horseback riding on birthdays or such.   This horse was spooked by a sudden deer jumping out while walking calm thur the woods.  Went way up on his back like in a movie

I was just holding on, then he ran ran with me holding on the the knob thing  Passed other horses and they all ran with him back to to the barn,.  I was trapped between running horses holding on to the knob saddle thing. Full out run -no trotting
    Sounds familiar..😁 I have a ton of horse riding stories from childhood, I was horse-mad.
    not_nadineGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited July 2023
    FlakeNoir said:
    My mom used to take us horseback riding on birthdays or such.   This horse was spooked by a sudden deer jumping out while walking calm thur the woods.  Went way up on his back like in a movie

Sounds familiar..😁 I have a ton of horse riding stories from childhood, I was horse-mad.
    Holy hell, not me.  I admired them then held on for dear life if they starting walking.   clip-clop was ok - then they trot.   no no.

Then they run that was easier to get with the flow, still hanging on to the saddle thing.
     I am sure they do it on  purpose.
    Funny horse Stock Photos Royalty Free Funny horse Images  Depositphotos

GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited July 2023
    'Last horse I rode was named Timmy.   I was the only one who said 'TIMMY' in a south park voice.  Maybe thats why he did not like me - and everyone looked at me weird;  TIM MAY!! ;)
    Timmy Burch  South Park Archives  Fandom

GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy