Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    ....keep the faith Nottie and Flakers, I pulled 12 hours at work yesterday, but still got to hear from all my kids......plus, I got to hold my new grandbaby on Friday!....Stevie Bea is our first granddaughter!!.....so frickin' tiny and beautiful......
    Amazing!!!! I love it. And her name is fantastic. Photos if you care to share. I love babies. 
    ...pics up in the Photoshop Thread..... :)
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Spidey, how is Gali and family with the current coup? Dangerous days ahead. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Tell her to be safe and my thoughts are with her. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Tell her to be safe and my thoughts are with her. 
    Will pass along your thoughts. Not a good time in the world. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Terrifying... 💜
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....keep the faith Nottie and Flakers, I pulled 12 hours at work yesterday, but still got to hear from all my kids......plus, I got to hold my new grandbaby on Friday!....Stevie Bea is our first granddaughter!!.....so frickin' tiny and beautiful......

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics. <3
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Sorry I have not checked in.  It's been a terrible time.  I cant speak about it now.  Kris is now at the beach with his sister taking care of him.   I broke.

But I am here reading - you guys keep my strength.  thank you.  

Thinking of you and sending hugs.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ...I was MIA for a short time, because me Wee-Fee(Wi-Fi)went tits up.....no Board makes for an irritable GNT....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • A work mate at work told me her fave book ever is IT. She asked me to recommend a few others mentioning that she had read Misery, The Green Mile, Getting it On and the Long Walk so i mentioned     The Stand, The Dead Zone, Pet Semetary, Dolores Claiburne and Needful Things. I couldn't menton a lot and i wanted to spread them out a little. I hope i have lured another reader into King verse.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...I was MIA for a short time, because me Wee-Fee(Wi-Fi)went tits up.....no Board makes for an irritable GNT....
    Welcome back (S)cotter. 😁❤️
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    A work mate at work told me her fave book ever is IT. She asked me to recommend a few others mentioning that she had read Misery, The Green Mile, Getting it On and the Long Walk so i mentioned     The Stand, The Dead Zone, Pet Semetary, Dolores Claiburne and Needful Things. I couldn't menton a lot and i wanted to spread them out a little. I hope i have lured another reader into King verse.
    Wonderful Kurben, I love that! It's always exciting to find a fellow SK'er in your physical world. 😃
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Sorry I've ghosted you all. Several reasons why I wasn't coming but all on me, not because of anyone or anything here. There are a gazillion posts I haven't read and know I never will. So, my apologies to all who have been going through tough times and I haven't been around to give my support or good times to wish congratulations and well wishes. I'll try to do better going forward. New motto: Begin again.
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Hi Marsha - I was thinking about you ♥♥♥♥♥

Hope all is well with you! <3
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirMarsha
  • I’m not quite sure where neesy lives but hopefully she isn’t around these fires. 

Thanks ♥

I am in Winnipeg so no fires near me at the moment

Today is Canada Day

:)
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Happy Canada Day!
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • catcat
    edited July 2023
    Scott still is at home on short term disability due to his shoulder surgery in January. But should be taking his back to work test in about a week. It has been harder this time, compared to the last shoulder surgery. 

Ali is taking her 2 first college courses, summer between junior/senior years. She is excelling. Just got her first job at Wendy's. I am so very proud of her but it has sent me into a worrisome, empty nest mindset. I only have a year left with her and two with Ty. I was advised by a very dear friend to live in the now and I'm trying. But I have been a blubbering, sobbing mess. All I have done is be a mom, since I was 18 years old. I worked when it was just me and Brandon but have done nothing BUT be a mom and wife since Scott and I got married. It is a very scary time for me. 

The rest of the kids all doing well. Grandkids are growing so fast. 

I have many things to be grateful for. But still find myself having a hard time. Don't mean to complain, rather just to explain my absence a little bit. I have withdrawn. Still having a hard time with my stepmom's passing and everything that encompasses as well. She is always on my mind. The unfairness of it all. 

Dealing with new health issues of my own too. Was officially diagnosed with "TED" but the only treatment is gawdawful expensive and up to insurance to approve/disapprove. And diagnosed pre-diabetic. I already did not consume many sweets bc of my thyroid issues. Have cut out carbs now. But it's HARD. I love potatoes. In all forms. Have gotten my sugar levels down but I just have to be careful. It is not easy when cooking for a family. 

Again. Not bi*&#ing. Just trying to offer an explanation for my distance. Love you all. ❤️
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Hi @cat, it's nice to hear from you. I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnoses and that you're feeling so down.
    It sounds like Ali, Ty and all the littles are doing well, I'm glad to hear that.
    Life changes are hard, you do have to work to find the new version of yourself when things in your day to day evolve. Don't give up, she's in there somewhere and you may be surprised to know she's not that different to the you you've known your whole life. ❤️
    catKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • It's the 4th today, isn't it?

KurbenGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • ....Cat, it sounds simplistic-but you take life minute by minute-face smaller challenges that way and move on....there is no right or wrong, just whatever works for you...all of us have or are currently facing struggles, yet we still have your six when you need us.....
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • What they said cat. It is hard. Find you now. You have thoughts and feelings and desires and intelligence.  Nurture you because if you aren’t whole, you have less to give to all your sweet loves. 

Hopefully everything works out health wise. 
    KurbencatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Thank you, everyone. ❤️ 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • Today was a good day! A nice evening out with some dear friends. A meal and some beers and talking and laughing. Asked them for some help during the time they will change the pipes in my apaerment. Kitchen and bathroom will not be operational for about 6-7 weeks starting in october. So do they know someone that has a spareroom or small apartment to let shortterm? Must ask around. I have a fall back plan, my uncle (that is great to visit but i rather not live there for 7 weeks) but i would prefer to find something fitting in both size and price.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ...fingers crossed you find a potty and a shower-preferably not a combo unit.....
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Today was a good day! A nice evening out with some dear friends. A meal and some beers and talking and laughing. Asked them for some help during the time they will change the pipes in my apaerment. Kitchen and bathroom will not be operational for about 6-7 weeks starting in october. So do they know someone that has a spareroom or small apartment to let shortterm? Must ask around. I have a fall back plan, my uncle (that is great to visit but i rather not live there for 7 weeks) but i would prefer to find something fitting in both size and price.
    A fantastic time out, I'm so glad. I hope you find a suitable alternative during the renovation, Kurben. 🤞
    KurbenGNTLGNTNeesy