Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Wonderful.. enjoy your break, you two. ❤️
    KurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Back from my little trip. Been down mines, saw a wolfpit. It was part of the first law that all of sweden fell under written in 1350 that every farm must have a wolfpit close to the house. It was deemed necessary as a protection for a farms animals. It was a 4 meter deep and 4 meter wide stonewalled pit in the ground that you covered with branches and put a bloody animal on top to lure the wolf there. It worked often enough. And it rained!!! The Storm Hans swept over sweden during the days we drove around. But we survived even if we saw many roads that were submerged in water. Also we far north up to the alps over the treeline. Just mosses, lichen and rocks up there. If not for the weather it would have been a beautiful view. But the clouds were so low i actually walked through some of them. Limited the view but a really cool experience.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • ....sounds cool as all get out Kurb!....and we made it back from our short adventure....not near long enough time to get into much at all, but it was wonderful to get away....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    Back from my little trip. Been down mines, saw a wolfpit. It was part of the first law that all of sweden fell under written in 1350 that every farm must have a wolfpit close to the house. It was deemed necessary as a protection for a farms animals. It was a 4 meter deep and 4 meter wide stonewalled pit in the ground that you covered with branches and put a bloody animal on top to lure the wolf there. It worked often enough. And it rained!!! The Storm Hans swept over sweden during the days we drove around. But we survived even if we saw many roads that were submerged in water. Also we far north up to the alps over the treeline. Just mosses, lichen and rocks up there. If not for the weather it would have been a beautiful view. But the clouds were so low i actually walked through some of them. Limited the view but a really cool experience.
    It sounds like a grand adventure despite the bad weather. I'm glad you got to do this. Thanks for sharing with us.  The wolf pits sound awful, I understand the reasoning of course, but so brutal.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....sounds cool as all get out Kurb!....and we made it back from our short adventure....not near long enough time to get into much at all, but it was wonderful to get away....
    Glad you enjoyed your mini break, Scott. Sometimes even just a day or two can get you through to the next one. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Back from my little trip. Been down mines, saw a wolfpit. It was part of the first law that all of sweden fell under written in 1350 that every farm must have a wolfpit close to the house. It was deemed necessary as a protection for a farms animals. It was a 4 meter deep and 4 meter wide stonewalled pit in the ground that you covered with branches and put a bloody animal on top to lure the wolf there. It worked often enough. And it rained!!! The Storm Hans swept over sweden during the days we drove around. But we survived even if we saw many roads that were submerged in water. Also we far north up to the alps over the treeline. Just mosses, lichen and rocks up there. If not for the weather it would have been a beautiful view. But the clouds were so low i actually walked through some of them. Limited the view but a really cool experience.
    It sounds like a grand adventure despite the bad weather. I'm glad you got to do this. Thanks for sharing with us.  The wolf pits sound awful, I understand the reasoning of course, but so brutal.
    Well, when the law was made there were a lot of wolves in sweden. Nowadays not so many even if  they have been growing in numbers and spreading south in the last decade. But they are protected and hunting very limited to just a few each year which, of course, the hunters grumble about. We saw wild reindeer too on our trip. First time i seen wild ones. And one was an albino reindeer. Totally white, really rare among reindeers!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Well, I start a new job tomorrow...    :) :#
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Yay!  Made it through the first day.  I think this is going to be great.  

Kris is still with his family.  I am hoping that he gets stronger soon so that he can come back to me and kitty cat.  Miss him very much.  
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • It's going to be an interesting day.

I'm 5 minutes in the shower this morning before I discovered that I still had my socks on.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ...you're simply multi-tasking....hygiene and laundry.....perfecto!.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I've just had an awesome afternoon around town. My brothers last day in sweden before he head back to the states so we went on a pub crawl. Spent time in 4 pubs/bars and took a beer in each before going on. Good weather so we could sit outside and enjoy the sun. A lot of talk and ended with i goodbye hug before he went to his airport hotel and i went home. Nice time.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ...so very glad to hear that, and also that it didn't evolve into a literal crawl....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Back from playing floorball for the first time in a while. Has had a problem with my foot so havent played since before the pandemic. So this was a testrun. Am glad to say that the foot responded well. It was me being out of shaoe that failed. After running a short while i felt like i was standing on a big mountain top and desperately tried to get some oxygen into my lungs. But wow it was fn to do it again and before i was totally out of breath i actually played ok. Scored 5 goals (3 in the first game) but as it become harder to run it become much harder to score. Still for a testrun it must be considered a success. Am exhausted though. On the subway home a man actually rose up and offered me his seat. I must have looked worse than i thought. Never happened to me before.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Sounds like you are being a lot more active kurben.  Did they get your pipes fixed? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Sounds like you are being a lot more active kurben.  Did they get your pipes fixed? 
    ....doesn't he need a proctologist for that?....
  • Kurben said:
    Back from playing floorball for the first time in a while. Has had a problem with my foot so havent played since before the pandemic. So this was a testrun. Am glad to say that the foot responded well. It was me being out of shaoe that failed. After running a short while i felt like i was standing on a big mountain top and desperately tried to get some oxygen into my lungs. But wow it was fn to do it again and before i was totally out of breath i actually played ok. Scored 5 goals (3 in the first game) but as it become harder to run it become much harder to score. Still for a testrun it must be considered a success. Am exhausted though. On the subway home a man actually rose up and offered me his seat. I must have looked worse than i thought. Never happened to me before.
    ...Kurb before hyperventilation set in....

Floorball GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • So glad you're back playing floorball, Kurben, you always loved this game. You might have to build up your fitness slowly, don't overdo it. ☺️
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
    Oh sorry, this cracked me up.😄❤️
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • Okay you two. That post sounded so much different in my head. . 🤣😂
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    So glad you're back playing floorball, Kurben, you always loved this game. You might have to build up your fitness slowly, don't overdo it. ☺️
    The irony of it is that i feel kind of ok from a floorball playing perspective but the localities are hazardous!! Not the hall were playing in, it was great, but the showers!!! They were dirty and even worse extremely slippery. I actually fell in the shower and hurt my back and my neck in what i think is a minor whiplash injury. I waited to take my shower until i got home and could be safe. Probably stank on the subway home but i was darn lucky not to hit my head in the stone floor so i decided to stay smelly a while. Better safe than sorry.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
    The pipefixing is set to go in september so not yet. Not looking forward to it.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    So glad you're back playing floorball, Kurben, you always loved this game. You might have to build up your fitness slowly, don't overdo it. ☺️
    The irony of it is that i feel kind of ok from a floorball playing perspective but the localities are hazardous!! Not the hall were playing in, it was great, but the showers!!! They were dirty and even worse extremely slippery. I actually fell in the shower and hurt my back and my neck in what i think is a minor whiplash injury. I waited to take my shower until i got home and could be safe. Probably stank on the subway home but i was darn lucky not to hit my head in the stone floor so i decided to stay smelly a while. Better safe than sorry.
    Oh no! Monitor your injuries to make sure they don’t progress into something worse. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Oh god, that's awful Kurben. 🥺 Please be careful and see your doctor if things don't improve soon. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy