Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• We are going to lunch today, the whole family. All 10 of us.  Last month my dad and stepmom sent up money for a late Christmas gift and said we were all to go out and eat. Couldn't get schedules to mesh til now but we're doing it today. We will send pics to my dad and stepmom, hopefully will bring some smiles. 

I think I will have another Dr Pepper! 😃 

Then after, the littles are coming over to spend the night. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirMarshaspideymanSundrop
  • cat said:
    We are going to lunch today, the whole family. All 10 of us.  Last month my dad and stepmom sent up money for a late Christmas gift and said we were all to go out and eat. Couldn't get schedules to mesh til now but we're doing it today. We will send pics to my dad and stepmom, hopefully will bring some smiles. 

I think I will have another Dr Pepper! 😃 

Then after, the littles are coming over to spend the night. 
    ....how outstanding!....throw a munch for me, and wash(or "warsh" in Ohio)it down with Dr. P.....
    catNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaspideyman
  • We went to Devil's Tower today. The weather has been gorgeous and we are tired of being stuck at home. I made a bunch of sandwiches and stuff, we loaded up and enjoyed the drive.

We took Lily, of course. I KNOW we have walked the trails before, with Dusty. But we paid to get in, sign there said dogs allowed as long as they are leashed. Then we get parked and ready to walk the trail and no dogs allowed on the trails. Parking lot, fine. Trails, no. Ugh. 

I stayed with Lily so Scott and the kids could walk the trail. It was still pretty icy though so they didn't go far. But, we had our picnic and got out and about in the nice weather. So, it's a win. 🙂

NotaroKurbennot_nadineFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyHedda GablerspideymanMarsha
  • I'm taking my mum and aunt out for our Tuesday car coffee (like James does Carpool, only less of an interview) in a few minutes, we try to do this every week.
    We missed last week because of a sick kiddo, the next 3 are out because of my work and some stuff my ma needs to get done. So, today is it! ☕💜💚💖
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerspideymanMarsha
  • cat said:
    We went to Devil's Tower today. The weather has been gorgeous and we are tired of being stuck at home. I made a bunch of sandwiches and stuff, we loaded up and enjoyed the drive.

We took Lily, of course. I KNOW we have walked the trails before, with Dusty. But we paid to get in, sign there said dogs allowed as long as they are leashed. Then we get parked and ready to walk the trail and no dogs allowed on the trails. Parking lot, fine. Trails, no. Ugh. 

I stayed with Lily so Scott and the kids could walk the trail. It was still pretty icy though so they didn't go far. But, we had our picnic and got out and about in the nice weather. So, it's a win. 🙂

....man alive is that spectacular, and look-somebody hung out their wash!.....
    NotaroNeesycatHedda GablerspideymanMarsha
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'm taking my mum and aunt out for our Tuesday car coffee (like James does Carpool, only less of an interview) in a few minutes, we try to do this every week.
    We missed last week because of a sick kiddo, the next 3 are out because of my work and some stuff my ma needs to get done. So, today is it! ☕💜💚💖
    ....here's what ya need.....an in car coffee maker!!.....

A Coffee Maker For Your Car These Are The Weirdest Inventions From The  Past  Inventions Weird inventions Vintage humor
    NotaroFlakeNoircatHedda GablerspideymanMarsha
  • edited March 2021
    cat said:
    We went to Devil's Tower today. The weather has been gorgeous and we are tired of being stuck at home. I made a bunch of sandwiches and stuff, we loaded up and enjoyed the drive.

Hey cat - in this pic I notice the colours red, yellow, black and white - is this symbolic? I see these colours a lot around here and we have a lot of indigenous or Aboriginal people in our city

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotarocatKurbenHedda GablerspideymanMarsha
  • ....sacred site I'm guessing....
    NeesyFlakeNoirNotarocatHedda GablerspideymanMarsha

• I wonder if this is what it means? Had no idea it was so complex

Today I am just relaxing and thinking about what to make for supper but I have no clue at the moment

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerspideymanMarsha
  • Neesy said:

I wonder if this is what it means? Had no idea it was so complex

Today I am just relaxing and thinking about what to make for supper but I have no clue at the moment

.....sirloin of Shepherd?.....
    NeesyNotaroHedda GablerspideymanMarsha
  • catcat
    edited March 2021
    Neesy said:
    cat said:

Hey cat - in this pic I notice the colours red, yellow, black and white - is this symbolic? I see these colours a lot around here and we have a lot of indigenous or Aboriginal people in our city

GNTLGNT said:
    ....sacred site I'm guessing....
    Neesy said:

I wonder if this is what it means? Had no idea it was so complex

Yes, you are both right. The bundles in the trees are prayer bundles left by Native Americans. Here is a link with the legend, explaining the colors. 

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/na-whitebuffalo/

The statue in the last pic is supposed to represent a puff of smoke from the pipe mentioned in the legend as well. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerspideymanNeesyMarshaSundrop
  • Got my boobies squished.
    grocery 
    reading klara and the sun
    Have a new instructor to watch on Masterclass: Amy Tan
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshacat
    grocery 
    Email me results...
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshacat
    grocery 

Please explain first sentence - does this mean you put a bra on?

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablercatMarsha
  • I'm thinking of calling a company that does sunrooms - with summer coming it would be nice to have a place to go sit and enjoy the nicer weather without worrying about the bugs.

Will have to wait until Monday.

Plus - I really need to go to H & R Block - have not done taxes for 2019 AND 2020 - yikes!

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablercatMarsha
  • Neesy said:
    Got my boobies squished.
    grocery 

Please explain first sentence - does this mean you put a bra on?

...no, it means a mammogram....
    FlakeNoirKurbenNotaroHedda GablercatMarshaNeesy
  • Neesy said:
    I'm thinking of calling a company that does sunrooms - with summer coming it would be nice to have a place to go sit and enjoy the nicer weather without worrying about the bugs.

Will have to wait until Monday.

Plus - I really need to go to H & R Block - have not done taxes for 2019 AND 2020 - yikes!

....if you go that way, make sure it's well-sealed, and that there is a heat source....you can then enjoy it year round....
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablercatMarshaNeesy
  • catcat
    edited March 2021
    In a spur of the moment decision yesterday, we tried to get hold of a car a local dealership had for CHEAP. My Edge has been not reliable lately to the point I would not trust it to get me home to Nebraska if I was needed. 

We missed out on the super cheap car but ended up in love with  a 2019 VW Jetta with only 24,000 miles on it. I got an early birthday present and now have peace of mind that I won't be left stranded, and that I can make it home to my family in Nebraska to help out, if I am needed. 

Here is a pic of my sweet new ride. 😁😁

FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenMarshaspideymanHedda GablerNeesy
  • cat said:
    In a spur of the moment decision yesterday, we tried to get hold of a car a local dealership had for CHEAP. My Edge has been not reliable lately to the point I would not trust it to get me home to Nebraska if I was needed. 

We missed out on the super cheap car but ended up in love with  a 2019 VW Jetta with only 24,000 miles on it. I got an early birthday present and now have piece of mind that I won't be left stranded, and that I can make it home to my family in Nebraska to help out, if I am needed. 

Brilliant,  congrats Cat! Very nice. You should talk to Jordan sometime about it, pretty sure he had a Jetta at one point. 
    catNotaroMarshaspideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • cat said:

We missed out on the super cheap car but ended up in love with  a 2019 VW Jetta with only 24,000 miles on it. I got an early birthday present and now have peace of mind that I won't be left stranded, and that I can make it home to my family in Nebraska to help out, if I am needed. 

Awesome Cat, may it bring you on many a journey in comfort and safety. 
    FlakeNoircatKurbenMarshaspideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • cat said:

Sweet! Sending wishes for a lot of good years from it.
    catNotarospideymanFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Awesome set of wheels!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircatMarshaNeesy
  • cat said:

Looking Good GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    FlakeNoircatNotaroKurbenMarshaHedda GablerNeesy