Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• ...so glad you've entered the "Recovered Zone" Cat!.... <3
    Hedda GablercatNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Neesy said:
    Marsha said:
    Day 3 of NaNoWriMo but had to cut writing time short this morning to go to a dentist appointment so will try to get another session in this afternoon. I'm pleased with the progress so far, though, and have 5,657 words toward the 50K challenge goal.

NaNoWriMo - is this a Native American scout?

I've got a dentist appointment and you should see the letter they sent me - I've never heard of anyone sanitizing THAT much!

It does have that sort of ring to it, doesn't it? :) It stands for National Novel Writing Month.

The protocols for going to the dentist are pretty strict here, too. It was like walking into a hazmat area with all the plastic sheeting covering up entrances to the cubicles where they do the cleanings, etc. and the outside doors were locked. You have to call them and wait in your car until they come out to let you in and face masks plus shields are worn by the staff. I'm glad they're taking it seriously but did feel strange.
    5 Hilarious Dental Memes
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • I'm off soon to a blood draw. Then a fun day of cleaning ahead of me. 🙃 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • cat said:
    I'm off soon to a blood draw. Then a fun day of cleaning ahead of me. 🙃 
    There's our little girl.  I hope you are feeling stronger every day. Scott and kids out there living the life.    

Listen to your bod and drink fluids.  Pamper yourself while your body continues to heal.
    NotarocatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • cat said:
    There's our little girl.  I hope you are feeling stronger every day. Scott and kids out there living the life.    

Listen to your bod and drink fluids.  Pamper yourself while your body continues to heal.
    Thank you! Scott has been back to work and he is doing great. Kids (well, Ali) was delighted to get back to school and her friends. Ty just takes everything as it comes, goes with the flow. But he would rather be home. 😉 I feel pretty normal again. The fatigue is hanging on, for both Scott and I, but getting a little better every day. 
    Hedda Gablernot_nadineNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyMarsha
  • cat said:
    cat said:

Thank you! Scott has been back to work and he is doing great. Kids (well, Ali) was delighted to get back to school and her friends. Ty just takes everything as it comes, goes with the flow. But he would rather be home. 😉 I feel pretty normal again. The fatigue is hanging on, for both Scott and I, but getting a little better every day. 
    So glad to hear this!  Encouraging.

Is it snowing like a son of a gun your way?
    catNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • cat said:
    cat said:

So glad to hear this!  Encouraging.

Is it snowing like a son of a gun your way?
    No, it rained a bit early Monday. I had to get my scraper out for my car windows because I didn't think to check 10 min before I needed to leave for my blood draw this morning and there was heavy frost on my car. But it is sunny and pretty calm. 41 for a high today. Not bad. Looks like maybe snow showers late tomorrow but no accumulation. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I'm procrastinating. 

Waiting for a phone call that my new glasses and sunglasses are in.   

Reading.

Thinking about food.

not_nadineNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman
  • I'm craving a BLT now
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyspideymanKurben
  • I'm procrastinating. 

Waiting for a phone call that my new glasses and sunglasses are in.   

Reading.

Thinking about food.

33 Most Funniest Food Meme Images And Pictures
    catHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoirNotarospideyman
  • I'm craving a BLT now
    How to make a BLT - Jimmy Johns Funny Foodie Quote  Funny quotes Foodie  quotes Quotes
    not_nadineHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited November 2020
    Went to the place where I have been taking my vehicles for repair for the last 17 years but suddenly everything is different. All new staff plus they now charge for a "diagnostic".

Because I had had the same problem previously on the right side (both windows) he didn't charge me that particular fee, but it was approximately $500 bucks to get the window regulator replaced on the driver's side window at the front

Glad it's fixed now as it's getting quite cold out there with wind and snow flurries.

Starting to wonder if maybe I should be looking around for something new. My Jeep Liberty is a 2007 so getting a bit "long in the tooth" :|

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarocatspideymanGNTLGNT
  • I'm awake in the middle of the night watching the Columbo episode, Short Fuse, with Roddy McDowall.  Waiting for the second wave of sleep to hit.
    FlakeNoircatspideymanGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I ended up being lazy yesterday so I have to get some stuff accomplished today. 

Kind of a funny story from yesterday. My daughter called me as I was getting ready to leave for my blood draw, she forgot her laptop. Normally I don't run things to them they forget, so they can be responsible humans. But she never forgets things. So I ran back in the house to grab her laptop so I could run it to the school after my appt. 

The attendance office is right inside the doors so that's where I went. It has a very large window with a brick column dividing it down the middle. I stood to the left of the column because there was a lady there at a desk. She had a mask on. So we have a whole conversation about why I'm there, she calls Ali's classroom to call her down. Then she says I can wait or just leave the computer on the counter. And when she said that, I could tell (finally) that the voice was coming from my right...I peeked around that brick column and there was another lady there. She was the one speaking to me the whole time and I thought it was the woman in front of me with the mask on. I could not see the other lady, and she could not see me because of that column. 🤦‍♀️😄😄

We all had a goofy laugh over that. And just that stupid little thing put me in a better mood. 
    MarshaspideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • cat said:
    I ended up being lazy yesterday so I have to get some stuff accomplished today. 

Kind of a funny story from yesterday. My daughter called me as I was getting ready to leave for my blood draw, she forgot her laptop. Normally I don't run things to them they forget, so they can be responsible humans. But she never forgets things. So I ran back in the house to grab her laptop so I could run it to the school after my appt. 

The attendance office is right inside the doors so that's where I went. It has a very large window with a brick column dividing it down the middle. I stood to the left of the column because there was a lady there at a desk. She had a mask on. So we have a whole conversation about why I'm there, she calls Ali's classroom to call her down. Then she says I can wait or just leave the computer on the counter. And when she said that, I could tell (finally) that the voice was coming from my right...I peeked around that brick column and there was another lady there. She was the one speaking to me the whole time and I thought it was the woman in front of me with the mask on. I could not see the other lady, and she could not see me because of that column. 🤦‍♀️😄😄

We all had a goofy laugh over that. And just that stupid little thing put me in a better mood. 
    That's funny!  Glad you guys got a good chuckle.  

I have a hard time hearing people through masks.  Knowing I do, I have made it my job to speak a little louder and a little more precise for others.  
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Neesy said:
    Went to the place where I have been taking my vehicles for repair for the last 17 years but suddenly everything is different. All new staff plus they now charge for a "diagnostic".

Because I had had the same problem previously on the right side (both windows) he didn't charge me that particular fee, but it was approximately $500 bucks to get the window regulator replaced on the driver's side window at the front

Glad it's fixed now as it's getting quite cold out there with wind and snow flurries.

Starting to wonder if maybe I should be looking around for something new. My Jeep Liberty is a 2007 so getting a bit "long in the tooth" :|

....Holy Sh*t!!!.....I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but those regulators are under a hundred bucks and even with outrageous labor rates, it should have cost you less than 250......I think I would have them provide a full price breakdown and also contact the Canadian equivalent of the Better Business Bureau.....
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • cat said:
    I ended up being lazy yesterday so I have to get some stuff accomplished today. 

....that is classic!!.....
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ......so, o'coss yestiddy was Friday the frickin' 13th.....one strike against the psyche right?......I quickly took the next two emotional pitches when I walked outside and saw a flock of buzzards overhead.....not unusual, we are out of town-in the woods and have all manner of flora and fauna.....but.............THERE WERE 13 OF THEM IN THE FLOCK!!!!!!.....

gone-mad-shock-fear-animationgif 499250 pixels  Scared face Scary  movies Fear
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:

....Holy Sh*t!!!.....I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but those regulators are under a hundred bucks and even with outrageous labor rates, it should have cost you less than 250......I think I would have them provide a full price breakdown and also contact the Canadian equivalent of the Better Business Bureau.....
    I think you’re right - it’s actually a chain muffler joint - I won’t be going back there any more, but I did find the place where Dennis works now so I booked an oil change there for next Wednesday

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:

It's too late to edit so I had to post again - they charged me 198.50 for labour; I wish I was more mechanical but when it comes to things like this, I pretty much HAVE to have a functioning window, especially in winter. They did lose a long time customer - I don't like the new management at all.
    I did look up the price for a front left window regulator and it turns out to be around $170 Canadian

I still feel ripped off

(of course there's also the "Shop supplies" plus the taxes - guess it would be a lot cheaper to just take the bus!

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroKurbenGNTLGNT
  • I have been copying recipes all day long.  Handwriting my own, copying those written by other family members.  I'm making my oldest son a cookbook for xmas . 

Before my mom passed away, she sat and hand wrote many of our family recipes and favorites.  I'm going to include photos and inserts of things I kept from his childhood.  Pictures he drew, stories he wrote.  So, it will be a recipe, memory, photo book.  It's really pretty nifty.  

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarshaspideymancatNeesydoyoulove19
  • I have been copying recipes all day long.  Handwriting my own, copying those written by other family members.  I'm making my oldest son a cookbook for xmas . 

Before my mom passed away, she sat and hand wrote many of our family recipes and favorites.  I'm going to include photos and inserts of things I kept from his childhood.  Pictures he drew, stories he wrote.  So, it will be a recipe, memory, photo book.  It's really pretty nifty.  

Beautiful...💜💙💚
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTspideymancatNeesy

That sounds amazing Hedda🙂
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTspideymancatNeesy
  • Doing anything? On a weekend? on a saturday? You gotta be kidding. I'm not doing anything and i'm proud about it.
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaspideymancatNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Doing anything? On a weekend? on a saturday? You gotta be kidding. I'm not doing anything and i'm proud about it.
    😄 Good for you Kurben.  
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTspideymancatNeesy