Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• spideyman said:
    General housework, then begin picking up branches and twigs that Sally so kindly felt I was in need of more bending exercise!  

Just realized I missed your birthday. Happy belated birthday and I'm so sorry I missed it. One more reason I need to get myself more organized.
    NotarospideymancatFlakeNoirNeesyHollyGolightly
  • spideyman said:
    General housework, then begin picking up branches and twigs that Sally so kindly felt I was in need of more bending exercise!  
    We all need more bending exercises.  Just not Sally style.
    spideymanNotaroFlakeNoirHollyGolightly
  • Marsha said:
    Today's excitement includes a trip to my safe deposit box to look one more time for the title to my dead truck so I can get it hauled away, a massage at noon, and the afternoon will probably be finishing up a wrap bracelet I've been making. Loving retirement!
    .....oooooo, a safe deposit rendezvous!.......
    SAFETY DEPOSIT BOXES - Pop Culture - funny celebrity pictures
    spideymanHedda GablerMarshaHollyGolightly
  • edited September 2020
    Tomorrow, I am going to a birthday party.  I am nervous about it to say the least but it is for one of my little boys that I've watched since he was a newborn.  He's turning 6!  I haven't seen them since February.

They are renting a banquet space in a restaurant.  There will be 10 people exactly.  They are going to set up a table for me off to the side.  I will wear my mask and glasses.  I will constantly hand sanitize like I'm radioactive.  

It will be weird and surreal -- sort of like I'm a prisoner in court who the family can sit in the gallery and look at with sad faces and disbelief, wondering how the hell we got in this situation.  Or, I'll be like that kitschy stuffed bear decoration in the corner of a rustic diner, watching everyone come and go with teeth bared (that's a grin, not savage intent). 

But, for a glorious hour,  I will at least get to be in the same room with people I love and who love me.  I will get to watch my boy open presents and squeal with the greed only a 6 year old can properly get away with on his special day.

I won't stay long.  But, I'll have a moment in time with positive energy and two little boys I've missed so much. 

Please God, don't let me catch the COVID (or aids, the herp, unsightly toenail fungus, styes, or ring around the collar.)

spideymanFlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNTNeesyHollyGolightlycat
  • Oh my happy happy!

My day was just made.  My quail showed up!  I hadn't seen them all summer after I had to tear out all my beautiful landscaping due to fence disaster.  (That was their area they nested in and like some evil landlord, I evicted them, I had no choice).

There are about 15 adults wandering around out there.  I want to hug them and squeeze them and call them George. 

Best. day.
    spideymanFlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNTNeesyHollyGolightlycat
  • Tomorrow, I am going to a birthday party.  I am nervous about it to say the least but it is for one of my little boys that I've watched since he was a newborn.  He's turning 6!  I haven't seen them since February.

They are renting a banquet space in a restaurant.  There will be 10 people exactly.  They are going to set up a table for me off to the side.  I will wear my mask and glasses.  I will constantly hand sanitize like I'm radioactive.  

It will be weird and surreal -- sort of like I'm a prisoner in court who the family can sit in the gallery and look at with sad faces and disbelief, wondering how the hell we got in this situation.  Or, I'll be like that kitschy stuffed bear decoration in the corner of a rustic diner, watching everyone come and go with teeth bared (that's a grin, not savage intent). 

But, for a glorious hour,  I will at least get to be in the same room with people I love and who love me.  I will get to watch my boy open presents and squeal with the greed only a 6 year old can properly get away with on his special day.

I won't stay long.  But, I'll have a moment in time with positive energy and two little boys I've missed so much. 

Please God, don't let me catch the COVID (or aids, the herp, unsightly toenail fungus, styes, or ring around the collar.)

Safety  vibes!!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyHollyGolightlycat
  • Tomorrow, I am going to a birthday party.  I am nervous about it to say the least but it is for one of my little boys that I've watched since he was a newborn.  He's turning 6!  I haven't seen them since February.

Girl, I am so stoked for you, I've got tears in my eyes just now. 💜 Have the very best time my friend. 
    Hedda Gablernot_nadineGNTLGNTspideymanNeesyHollyGolightlycat
  • edited September 2020
    FlakeNoir said:
    Tomorrow, I am going to a birthday party.  I am nervous about it to say the least but it is for one of my little boys that I've watched since he was a newborn.  He's turning 6!  I haven't seen them since February.

Girl, I am so stoked for you, I've got tears in my eyes just now. 💜 Have the very best time my friend. 
    thank you.  I'm nervous about it.  But, they are taking every precaution for me to be able to join in, so I feel my risk is no higher than when I go grocery shopping.  
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTspideymanNeesyHollyGolightlycat
  • FlakeNoir said:

thank you.  I'm nervous about it.  But, they are taking every precaution for me to be able to join in, so I feel my risk is no higher than when I go grocery shopping.  
    I'm nervous for you too, but I know you'll do everything you can. 🙂
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTNeesycat

....I am so very happy for you.....I know your heart hasn't been complete.....enjoy, radioactive toenail smooge and all.....
    FlakeNoirspideymanNeesyHedda GablerHollyGolightlycat
  • Oh my happy happy!

My day was just made.  My quail showed up!  I hadn't seen them all summer after I had to tear out all my beautiful landscaping due to fence disaster.  (That was their area they nested in and like some evil landlord, I evicted them, I had no choice).

There are about 15 adults wandering around out there.  I want to hug them and squeeze them and call them George. 

Best. day.
    Yay GIF - Find on GIFER
    spideymanNeesyHedda GablerHollyGolightlycat
  • GNTLGNT said:

....I am so very happy for you.....I know your heart hasn't been complete.....enjoy, radioactive toenail smooge and all.....
    I really hope when Bev makes the upgrade that we'll have the ability to multi-emoji-react. Because I seldom feel just one thing at a time... especially when it comes to Scott's posts. :D <3 (See?)
    GNTLGNTNeesyHedda GablerHollyGolightlycat
  • ....aren't I a Dickens?......
    Discovering Charles Dickens Medical And Public Health Legacy  Shots -  Health News  NPR
    FlakeNoirspideymanNeesyHedda GablerHollyGolightlycat
  • I earned this today:

fitbit challenges - Google Search  Health and fitness apps Data design  Challenges
    GNTLGNTNeesyFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyspideymancat
  • I only have to get 272 more miles to get the next badge, but after that it will be a couple thousand miles to the next badge.
    GNTLGNTNeesyFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyspideymancat
  • I only have to get 272 more miles to get the next badge, but after that it will be a couple thousand miles to the next badge.
    .....I hope the birthday party was as wonderful for you as it was for your little buddy.....
    Hedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyspideymancat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I only have to get 272 more miles to get the next badge, but after that it will be a couple thousand miles to the next badge.
    .....I hope the birthday party was as wonderful for you as it was for your little buddy.....
    Thank you for asking.  It was so wonderful.  Everyone was very respectful of my safety, the little boys even wore masks and everyone there is family, so they don't wear masks around each other, but they did for me so I could participate.

I had talked to his mom and said I didn't want to put those type of restrictions on his birthday party, I mean, what a bummer.  But I guess he has been asking for me and they really wanted me to be there -- for him.  

The first thing he said to me was, "do I look bigger?"  And I said, "Oh my yes! You have gotten so tall!  Are you in college now?"  "He laughed and said, "I'm not in college.  I'm in kindergarten!"
    NeesyFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyspideymanGNTLGNTcat
  • edited September 2020
    @Hedda Gabler - I am so happy for you and your boys and their family!  I know you've all been missing each other.  Well done on the walk to China!! Yea for the quail!

@Marsha - so good to see you here!! Sounds like retirement is exactly as it should it be.  I'm envious.  I think once I retire, I'll have to get offline for a little bit to "reset".

I went to see my mom and brother and sister yesterday. I'm trying visit them once a month.  Mom is fighting a cancer battle - but doing very well.  So she's not going anywhere or seeing anyone but us.  

I took the Ogre's car because mine is nearly caput.  Right before I left my brother in law noticed my tire was low and told me to stop and get air before I hit the road (it's 2 hour trip). By the time I left it was completely flat. So he came back with  his compressor and fix a flat - but I had to stop twice and put air in it.  Egad. We've had so many blasted calamities these past couple of months, I've about had it.  

Doom, despair & agony on me!
    NotarospideymanHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycatMarsha
  • @Hedda Gabler - I am so happy for you and your boys and their family!  I know you've all been missing each other.  Well done on the walk to China!! Yea for the quail!

@Marsha - so good to see you here!! Sounds like retirement is exactly as it should it be.  I'm envious.  I think once I retire, I'll have to get offline for a little bit to "reset".

I went to see my mom and brother and sister yesterday. I'm trying visit them once a month.  Mom is fighting a cancer battle - but doing very well.  So she's not going anywhere or seeing anyone but us.  

I took the Ogre's car because mine is nearly caput.  Right before I left my brother in law noticed my tire was low and told me to stop and get air before I hit the road (it's 2 hour trip). By the time I left it was completely flat. So he came back with  his compressor and fix a flat - but I had to stop twice and put air in it.  Egad. We've had so many blasted calamities these past couple of months, I've about had it.  

Doom, despair & agony on me!
    I send your momma strength, healing and laughs.  Damn cancer.

Be careful driving on that tire.  
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycatHollyGolightly
  • I am watching CBS Sunday Morning.  I've cried all the way through this thing.  But, I'm a cryer.  I cry at happy things, sad things, uplifting things, injustices -- I can shed a genuine heartfelt tear over something so minuscule, it really can be uncomfortable for others and ridiculous too.  But not to me.

My biggest cries these days comes from random acts of kindness.  I can weep because I'm doing one, or receiving one -- but I love to see those acts for others.  Today, there was a story about a fish chair and how a group of strangers purchased this piece of furniture from a second hand store to give to another stranger because she had a tattoo of the same fish chair on her ankle.  A picture of the chair shared on social media; the girl sharing her tattoo -- a spark!  A generosity that is so refreshing.   All strangers.  But all compelled to do something kind for someone else.  I was in tears.

I cried about museums closing.  All that beautiful creative stuff not being seen, sitting quiet and alone, all that art just staring across empty aisles at each other.  Of course, people will say, who cares?  Families are closing. Families aren't being funded.  I know.  I know. That's worse.  But, the loss of creativity just twanged my little cry switch.

I also thought of Osnafrank today because they talked about Lana Del Rey, and we all know how much he loves her.  She has a book of poetry coming out on vinyl and CD with musical accompaniment by Jack Antonoff.  I hope he gets it.

And, I want to give it up to the artists who each week turn a sun logo into such intriguing takes on the same thing.  Week after week.

Here's the original:

cbs-sunday-morning-logo - Room Escape Artist

Have a fantastic Sunday everyone.

not_nadineNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycatHollyGolightly
  • I am watching CBS Sunday Morning.  I've cried all the way through this thing.  But, I'm a cryer.  I cry at happy things, sad things, uplifting things, injustices -- I can shed a genuine heartfelt tear over something so minuscule, it really can be uncomfortable for others and ridiculous too.  But not to me.

My biggest cries these days comes from random acts of kindness.  I can weep because I'm doing one, or receiving one -- but I love to see those acts for others.  Today, there was a story about a fish chair and how a group of strangers purchased this piece of furniture from a second hand store to give to another stranger because she had a tattoo of the same fish chair on her ankle.  A picture of the chair shared on social media; the girl sharing her tattoo -- a spark!  A generosity that is so refreshing.   All strangers.  But all compelled to do something kind for someone else.  I was in tears.

I cried about museums closing.  All that beautiful creative stuff not being seen, sitting quiet and alone, all that art just staring across empty aisles at each other.  Of course, people will say, who cares?  Families are closing. Families aren't being funded.  I know.  I know. That's worse.  But, the loss of creativity just twanged my little cry switch.

I also thought of Osnafrank today because they talked about Lana Del Rey, and we all know how much he loves her.  She has a book of poetry coming out on vinyl and CD with musical accompaniment by Jack Antonoff.  I hope he gets it.

And, I want to give it up to the artists who each week turn a sun logo into such intriguing takes on the same thing.  Week after week.

Here's the original:

cbs-sunday-morning-logo - Room Escape Artist

Have a fantastic Sunday everyone.

I love Sunday Morning!  I saw and was happy at the fish chair story!

Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • @Hedda Gabler the fish chair story made it all the way to our shores... it was on the 6 o'clock news last night.  😊 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • @HollyGolightly thinking of you and your Mom, cancer pisses me off... I'm sorry you're all on this journey. Hugs to you all.  💜
    And please get the Ogre's tyre fixed... the roads scare me as much as cancer does.
    So great to see you girl. ❤
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycatHollyGolightly
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I only have to get 272 more miles to get the next badge, but after that it will be a couple thousand miles to the next badge.
    Thank you for asking.  It was so wonderful.  Everyone was very respectful of my safety, the little boys even wore masks and everyone there is family, so they don't wear masks around each other, but they did for me so I could participate.

I had talked to his mom and said I didn't want to put those type of restrictions on his birthday party, I mean, what a bummer.  But I guess he has been asking for me and they really wanted me to be there -- for him.  

The first thing he said to me was, "do I look bigger?"  And I said, "Oh my yes! You have gotten so tall!  Are you in college now?"  "He laughed and said, "I'm not in college.  I'm in kindergarten!"
    ....this did my heart good😍.....
    Hedda GablerNeesyNotarocatFlakeNoir