Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tut, tut, looks like rain -- or sunshine or storms.....

Comments

• bwhahaha! I love all of those!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarospideymanNeesy
  • To those expressing concern about the fires out here, thank you.  We're pretty well insulated from all that. 

The weather helped on Sunday. This was our front yard early in the day. What you probably don't know is that earlier this in, during the shutdown, I ripped out the sod, dug a creek bed, lined with plastic, then with river rock, used the dirt to build hillocks, planted a bunch of water-resistant plants (and least 50% of them didn't make it), a tree, a bridge over the creek bed, and found use for a bench that we had abandoned. 

Still, the snow came. We shoveled the walk and driveway twice, and the second time was more difficult than the first. When afternoon came around, it looked like the bridge had gotten shorter. (The good ol' dog photobombing is our guy Shadow.)

But the question is: Did it help the fires? Yes, it has. And that's why, despite the early nature of this storm, the shutting down of schools today, the mess it made of the roads, all of that, no one is complaining. We needed this in the high country. A bit west of us is the biggest fire in Colorado history; and a little south and west of that is the second biggest fire in Colorado history. All happening at the same time. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirspideymanNeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Grandpa said:
    To those expressing concern about the fires out here, thank you.  We're pretty well insulated from all that. 

The weather helped on Sunday. This was our front yard early in the day. What you probably don't know is that earlier this in, during the shutdown, I ripped out the sod, dug a creek bed, lined with plastic, then with river rock, used the dirt to build hillocks, planted a bunch of water-resistant plants (and least 50% of them didn't make it), a tree, a bridge over the creek bed, and found use for a bench that we had abandoned. 

Still, the snow came. We shoveled the walk and driveway twice, and the second time was more difficult than the first. When afternoon came around, it looked like the bridge had gotten shorter. (The good ol' dog photobombing is our guy Shadow.)

But the question is: Did it help the fires? Yes, it has. And that's why, despite the early nature of this storm, the shutting down of schools today, the mess it made of the roads, all of that, no one is complaining. We needed this in the high country. A bit west of us is the biggest fire in Colorado history; and a little south and west of that is the second biggest fire in Colorado history. All happening at the same time. 
    Beautiful photos Grandpa, that sounds like a lot of work! I'm glad the snow has come early and helped with the fires, I hope winter will take care of them properly.
    Thanks for checking in again. :) 
    spideymanGrandpaNeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Yep... it's raining again...12C /53F... 

FlakeNoirspideymanNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Stopped raining..... 10C/50F...

spideymanNeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:

Beautiful photos Grandpa, that sounds like a lot of work! I'm glad the snow has come early and helped with the fires, I hope winter will take care of them properly.
    Flakesie, my pleasure. 

Where's a good place to update y'all? This is one special group of people, and boy, hasn't 2020 been one special year. I'd like to tell you guys where I've been going (nowhere, practically) and what I've been doing (a lot) since this year hit us like a forecheck into the boards. I'm just not sure where that clutter should go.
    NeesyHedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Grandpa said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Flakesie, my pleasure. 

Where's a good place to update y'all? This is one special group of people, and boy, hasn't 2020 been one special year. I'd like to tell you guys where I've been going (nowhere, practically) and what I've been doing (a lot) since this year hit us like a forecheck into the boards. I'm just not sure where that clutter should go.

I'm guessing the Ka-Tet Cantina?

Or create a new thread if you feel so inclined - good to see you again! <3
    Hedda GablerNotaroGrandpaGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Grandpa said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Flakesie, my pleasure. 

Just grab a thread that works.  Not envious of the snow but so glad it is helping with those fires. 
    NeesyNotaroGrandpaGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....wonderful to hear from you Jason!....and nice to see that the white stuff has a purpose other than to break our grumpy old backs when shoveling.....

FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyGrandpa
  • Notaro said:
    Stopped raining..... 10C/50F...

The Weather Is Bipolar Pictures Photos and Images for Facebook Tumblr  Pinterest and Twitter
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyspideyman
  • Nice day today, dry but chilly... 7C/44F..

FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTspideyman
  • Notaro said:
    Nice day today, dry but chilly... 7C/44F..

This looks beautiful, hope you're wrapped up warm though, that's a cool start to the day. 
    NotaroHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

This looks beautiful, hope you're wrapped up warm though, that's a cool start to the day. 
    Wrapped up well here Flakes, a t-shirt and two hoodies are on today😀
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNT
  • We had a cold front descend upon us -- it's only going to be in the 50s today. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Back to rain this evening, it's just stopped now... you might be able to make out the rainbow in the picture...

Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • We've got the white stuff today - about 3 or 4 inches of it I would estimate.

I feel bad for the wee birdies so I just gave them a bunch of ripped up bread.

Not sure what kind they are - they look different than the ones we normally get.

NotaroBevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideyman
  • Notaro said:

...."dry but chilly"....that could describe my ex-wife.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideyman
  • We had a cold front descend upon us -- it's only going to be in the 50s today. 
    ....Holy Crap Bev!.....you've almost achieved Donner Party desperation levels with that tumultuous drop.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideyman
  • Neesy said:
    We've got the white stuff today - about 3 or 4 inches of it I would estimate.

I feel bad for the wee birdies so I just gave them a bunch of ripped up bread.

Not sure what kind they are - they look different than the ones we normally get.

...see if you can post a pic, and I'll see if Tracy and I can figure it out....we like us some birds.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanNeesy
  • The current storm is headed for new orleans again, isn’t it? 

Someone check in with susannorton.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideyman
  • Been a pretty horrible day all through, rain and more rain...

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanHedda Gabler
  • ....looks like here.....dammit......
    NotaroFlakeNoirspideymanHedda Gabler
  • The current storm is headed for new orleans again, isn’t it? 

Someone check in with susannorton.
    When is it due in? I'll check in with her and actually get back to you all this time. 😬🙄😄
    NotarospideymanGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Been a pretty horrible day all through, rain and more rain...

Dammit Ireland... this is just not the year to be infecting the rest of the world with your weather virus.

Raining here again too. 🙄
    NotarospideymanGNTLGNTHedda Gabler