Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

MUSIC!

Comments

• Grindcore.  I have never ever heard of this.  

Anything grinding, keep it away from me. Good God.  I'm too exhausted to appreciate the attempts.

:D  :D
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I think I own all her CDs.
    We do. Plus all of Clannad, too.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Well, metal has many sub-genres, too many to go into.

Heavy Metal ,  this covers a broad spectrum, from rock bands like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and AC/DC to pure heavy metal like Saxon, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, and not forgetting the godfathers of metal (in my opinion) Black Sabbath, I think without Sabbath we wouldn't have Heavy Metal as we know it today.

Thrash metal, a step up speed wise from heavy metal, bands such as Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Exodus, Dark Angel, Testament, and German bands like Kreator, Destruction, Sodom, and other notables from around the world like Artillery, Blessed Death, Onslaught. Vocals can be clean and melodic or harsh and rasping.

Death Metal, a fairly extreme version of metal, generally extremely fast rumbling music with gutteral very low pitched unintelligible vocals, bands like Death, Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, Entombed, NecGrave, Obituary, Suffocation, and the band who are credited with putting out the first death metal record Possessed.

Black metal, another really extreme branch of metal, generally extremely fast with distorted guitar sound and a shrieking vocal style, lyrically it's anti-religion. British band Venom put out an album called Black Metal which sounds nothing like black metal music but they're credited as being one of it's founders, bands like Bathory, Mayhem, Dark throne and the very heavy metal sounding Mercyful Fate spearheaded the initial wave.

Heavy Metal 

Thrash Metal

Death Metal

Black Metal 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited September 2020
    Notaro said:
    Well, metal has many sub-genres, too many to go into.

Heavy Metal ,  this covers a broad spectrum, from rock bands like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and AC/DC to pure heavy metal like Saxon, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, and not forgetting the godfathers of metal (in my opinion) Black Sabbath, I think without Sabbath we wouldn't have Heavy Metal as we know it today.

Thrash metal, a step up speed wise from heavy metal, bands such as Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Exodus, Dark Angel, Testament, and German bands like Kreator, Destruction, Sodom, and other notables from around the world like Artillery, Blessed Death, Onslaught. Vocals can be clean and melodic or harsh and rasping.

Death Metal, a fairly extreme version of metal, generally extremely fast rumbling music with gutteral very low pitched unintelligible vocals, bands like Death, Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, Entombed, NecGrave, Obituary, Suffocation, and the band who are credited with putting out the first death metal record Possessed.

Black metal, another really extreme branch of metal, generally extremely fast with distorted guitar sound and a shrieking vocal style, lyrically it's anti-religion. British band Venom put out an album called Black Metal which sounds nothing like black metal music but they're credited as being one of it's founders, bands like Bathory, Mayhem, Dark throne and the very heavy metal sounding Mercyful Fate spearheaded the initial wave.

Heavy Metal 

Thrash Metal

Death Metal

Black Metal 

First off, thank you for taking your time to do such an informative write-up.  I appreciate you.  I listened to each selection all the way through from start to finish so I could be honest.

Now, here are my thoughts on the music.

The Heavy Metal choice of Saxon, I liked that.  That just seemed hair band, rock and roll to me.  I could go to that concert.

The Thrash Metal of your Metallica choice was okay.  My only complaint was it lasted too long.   :D.  There are Metallica songs I really like, but they are probably the obvious choices -- the songs that got air play.  But, overall, the music didn't scare the sh*t out of me.

Your Death Metal choice had a great piece of artwork there.  But, I need to know, is the lead singer dead?  I think he's dead.  And I think the lead singer of your Black Metal choice killed him.  This is definitely not something I would pay for in any way, shape or form.

Your Black Metal choice -- I tried to picture myself plopped down in the middle of this concert.  And I tickled myself silly.  I would be terrified and probably start crying because one of these things is not like the others and I think they would sacrifice me for their art to their Lord and Savior, Satan.  Although, not sure I would be a great offering to their guy as I'm not a virgin.  Pretty torn up from the floor up actually.  bwhahahaha!  OMG, I'm kidding.
    I'm thinking the lead singer would feel so much better if he could just hack up that moth that flew down his throat and stuck sideways.

I will say, being a pretend drummer, all their drummers are giving it a work out. 

Seriously, if you want to lose weight and get your heart rate up, get yourself some drum sticks and a practice pad and go to youtube with beginner videos.  It is killer cardio.

Thanks NB, that was fun!

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • ....well done Bri, that was a big help to even my old DJ bones...the sub-genres had just begun to develop when I was in my salad days....don’t give a rat’s bollocks about a lot of it, but like some of it....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:

Heavy Metal 

Thrash Metal

Death Metal

Black Metal 

First off, thank you for taking your time to do such an informative write-up.  I appreciate you.  I listened to each selection all the way through from start to finish so I could be honest.

The Heavy Metal choice of Saxon, I liked that.  That just seemed hair band, rock and roll to me.  I could go to that concert.

The Thrash Metal of your Metallica choice was okay.  My only complaint was it lasted too long.   :D.  There are Metallica songs I really like, but they are probably the obvious choices -- the songs that got air play.  But, overall, the music didn't scare the sh*t out of me.

Your Death Metal choice had a great piece of artwork there.  But, I need to know, is the lead singer dead?  I think he's dead.  And I think the lead singer of your Black Metal choice killed him.  This is definitely not something I would pay for in any way, shape or form.

Your Black Metal choice -- I tried to picture myself plopped down in the middle of this concert.  And I tickled myself silly.  I would be terrified and probably start crying because one of these things is not like the others and I think they would sacrifice me for their art to their Lord and Savior, Satan.  Although, not sure I would be a great offering to their guy as I'm not a virgin.  Pretty torn up from the floor up actually.  bwhahahaha!  OMG, I'm kidding.
    I'm thinking the lead singer would feel so much better if he could just hack up that moth that flew down his throat and stuck sideways.

I will say, being a pretend drummer, all their drummers are giving it a work out. 

Seriously, if you want to lose weight and get your heart rate up, get yourself some drum sticks and a practice pad and go to youtube with beginner videos.  It is killer cardio.

Thanks NB, that was fun!

You're more than welcome Hedda, I know it's a tough listen if you're not a fan and I appreciate you sitting through it. 

Yes Chuck Shuldiner the vocalist/guitarist of Death is no longer with us, he passed away in 2001 from cancer.

The vocalist on the Mayhem track Freezing Moon is also no longer with us, Per Ohlin committed suicide in 1991. Ironically his stage name was Dead. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

Heavy Metal 

Thrash Metal

Death Metal

Black Metal 

Thanks NB, that was fun!

You're more than welcome Hedda, I know it's a tough listen if you're not a fan and I appreciate you sitting through it. 

Yes Chuck Shuldiner the vocalist/guitarist of Death is no longer with us, he passed away in 2001 from cancer.

The vocalist on the Mayhem track Freezing Moon is also no longer with us, Per Ohlin committed suicide in 1991. Ironically his stage name was Dead. 
    awww, cancer sucks! And suicide sucks!  I'm so sorry to hear that about both of them.

I don't want to be a stagnant old lady so I want to challenge my thoughts, opinions, tastes, ideas, creativity etc..etc...   The more you are aware of out there, the more well rounded you are.   Besides the rounded that comes from too many donuts.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

Heavy Metal 

Thrash Metal

Death Metal

Black Metal 

Thanks NB, that was fun!

awww, cancer sucks! And suicide sucks!  I'm so sorry to hear that about both of them.

I don't want to be a stagnant old lady so I want to challenge my thoughts, opinions, tastes, ideas, creativity etc..etc...   The more you are aware of out there, the more well rounded you are.   Besides the rounded that comes from too many donuts.
    Round is a shape funny memes meme lol cute humor funny animals squirrell  funny  Squirrel funny Funny animal memes Funny jokes to tell
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Notaro said:

....really enjoy the Slade version.....used to do a "Two for Tuesday" spin with them and Quiet Riot....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:

What happened that the guy is in a wheelchair?  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:

He was shot in a hold up Hedda. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

How scary and awful.  Was he the victim, or was he doing the holding up?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

He was the victim Hedda, here's his account of what happened... 

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/possesseds-jeff-becerra-recounts-1989-armed-robbery-attempt-that-left-him-paralyzed-and-wheelchair-bound/
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

He was the victim Hedda, here's his account of what happened... 

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/possesseds-jeff-becerra-recounts-1989-armed-robbery-attempt-that-left-him-paralyzed-and-wheelchair-bound/
    He's so lucky to be alive, and I think now he believes that too.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir