Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• ...it's a good'un.....the present/past flips can be a bit disconcerting, but the rhythm will catch you up....
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • We enjoyed Twisters -- it has an interesting play against expectations that we particularly liked. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....watched a couple yesterday....at both ends of the spectrum....

Second viewing of this one because the creature FX's are so good

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark 2019 - IMDb
    ...and this one is a predictable flick, but enjoyable....

The Hard Way 2019
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....I'm just a sucker for a Rock movie.....it ain't great cinema, but it kept me fan-boying...

Faster
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited August 24
    I watched Picnic at Hanging Rock — criterion. It’s one of those old movies I hear about now and then over the years and was never interested. I always thought it was a damn western. If I could castrate every hillbilly cowboy, i would, so i didn’t look twice at this thing. 

No. It is not a western. It is a very odd, atmospheric story about a posh English girl’s school in Australia!   Interesting. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Dies Irae -- interesting.

NotaroFlakeNoir
  • I watched Picnic at Hanging Rock — criterion. It’s one of those old movies I hear about now and then over the years and was never interested. I always thought it was a damn western. If I could castrate every hillbilly cowboy, i would, so i didn’t look twice at this thing. 

No. It is not a western. It is a very odd, atmospheric story about a posh English girl’s school in Australia!   Interesting. 
    I always liked it a lot! One of Peter Weirs early movies before he went on to movies like Gallipolu, Witness and Dead Poet Society. Great director.
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Dies Irae -- interesting.

...soundtrack of my daily existence.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....."Hillbilly Cowboy"....interesting muddled metaphor..... :D
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • edited August 28
    Watched Alien; Romulus

A group of young colonists, bored with their dreary existence on a desolate planet, decide to scavenge hypersleep compartments from what the think is a derelict craft in orbit around their planet, but when the get there they trigger a series of events which unleashes the dreaded xenomorphs, their for salvage becomes a fight for survival. 

I enjoyed this, while it's not as good as it's hyped up to be there are many things that hit the mark. The things I didn't like were the nod and a wink references to the other movies. It's definitely worth a look though.

Watched The Crow.

While trying to hide in a rehab facility a young woman Shelly meets Eric, when the people she is running from track her down Shelly and Eric go on the run, unfortunately they are caught and murdered, but Eric is sent back from the afterlife to hunt and kill those responsible and he goes at it with a will.

This is very different from the original,  I liked it, I thought the performances were decent and the action was pretty damn savage when it got going, the opera set up in particular was a veritable bloodbath.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • .....watched these two last night....hadn't ever seen the first one in full, what a campy romp-especially Bill Murray.....

Zombieland 2009 - IMDb......then the second, was hilarious to me-especially the "cooked" sensor....

Thanksgiving  Full Movie  Movies Anywhere
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....watched these two last night....hadn't ever seen the first one in full, what a campy romp-especially Bill Murray.....

Zombieland 2009 - IMDb
    I really enjoyed Zombieland. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaro
  • ....last night's pair:

Amazoncom Security DVD  Antonio Banderas Ben Kingsley Liam McIntyre  Cung Le Katherine Mary de la Rocha Chad Lindberg Jiro Wang Gabriella  Wright Alain Desrochers Les Weldon Jeffrey Greenstein Jonathan Yunger  David.....predictable but watchable adventure....

Rust Creek  Rotten Tomatoes.....quite a good thriller.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNotaro
  • I went down Nostalghia lane and watched Tarzan, the Disney version. Not exavtly the best Disney movie but i enjoyed it. 
    Tarzan  Hyr eller kp och streama hos SF Anytime
    Some changes in there that i think is unnecessary but i really liked the addition of Terk.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • ....the Phil Collins music efforts were pretty "swinging" as well....
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • Think i have been bitten by a tarzan bug. Felt the Need to revisit the 1984 movie Greystoke: The Legend Of Tarzan. Its cast is impressive. Christopher Lambert as Tarzan, Andie MacDowell as Jane and Ralph Richardson and Ian Holm in supporting roles. First lead role for Lambert and film debut for MacDowell. The movie is rather true to the original characterization in its first half (unlike the Weissmuller movies that had gone before) but then makes a drastic shift. when he returns to England with his friend Darnot (Holm) he cant adjust to society and finally leaves for africa to live with his ape family leaving Jane behind. I think instead of making the movie into a metaphor for how nature and society cant mix I think it would have been wiser to stick closer to Borroughs original story.. It is now a kind of Adam and Eve myth where Darnot plays the role of the snake because he brings knowledge of Tarzans ancestry, a wiider world and so on. From there on Tarzan is mostly confused. His love for Jane helps but cant bridge the gap so he returns. All in all though not a bad movie.

not_nadineNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited September 1

• I watched this last night think I've seen it before a long time ago but it was a very scary fun watch 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • .....feel good "Boy Meets Robot Dog" story....

axl
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • This halle Berry one on netflix looks fun, anyone watch it? The Union I think it’s called. 

I did watch Last Tango in Paris to see what the fuss was about. It was gross and dumb, total waste of my time. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • This halle Berry one on netflix looks fun, anyone watch it? The Union I think it’s called. 

I did watch Last Tango in Paris to see what the fuss was about. It was gross and dumb, total waste of my time. 
    ....yes ma'am....I posted about the Halle flick here and it's a fun watch.....
    NotaroFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    This halle Berry one on netflix looks fun, anyone watch it? The Union I think it’s called. 

....yes ma'am....I posted about the Halle flick here and it's a fun watch.....
    Where? I missed that! Going back now….
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Hell, my eyeballs must he missing it. Damn old eyeballs 
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited September 4
    Hell, my eyeballs must he missing it. Damn old eyeballs 
    ...nope, my dumb ass was thinking of the wrong movie....your eyewinkers are fine...
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • ....bleak, but watchable......

Cold Pursuit DVD 2019
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler