Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited February 2021
    My first thought right out of the gate was

This is some creepy brother/sister thing. David and adele.  When the sex happens, he says they can’t do it anymore. And then he can’t look her in the face while doing  it. Very weird vibes during all that. 
    Did she set the fire that killed parents or did he? And his arm is badly burned, did adele try to kill him too?
    Rob’s dead in the well —who killed him, david or adele? Who’s protecting whom? Or, is adele using that as blackmail to keep david? 
    David has a difficult time with i love yous. And why the control over adele being home at certain times of the day? 

And louise.  The triangle there has me on the ropes. 
    So many odd , unbalanced moments.

NotaroGNTLGNT
  • Was there a British version of mindhunter with nicola? The one i’m seeing doesn’t have her. 
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • Behind her eyes

Well, starting episode 5 and rob in the well confirmed. Adele is so evil and manipulative, cunning.  Or is that what they want me to believe? Is she the innocent in all this?

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Marsha she's also in Mindhunter, if you haven't seen it it's well worth a look.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindhunter_(TV_series)

Realized about 30 seconds into watching the first episode that I've actually seen this show already. <Insert face palm here>  I wish they'd done another season (and yes, I saw the second season as well :) ).
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Was there a British version of mindhunter with nicola? The one i’m seeing doesn’t have her. 
    Don't think so Hedda, I can't recall ever seeing a UK version of it. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Behind her eyes

Well, it just lost me with this stupid dreamy stuff adele does. 
    Good story ruined. 

NotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited February 2021
    Behind  her eyes better work real hard, very fast to redeem itself after that embarrassing episode 5. Starting final episode later today. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited February 2021
    Behind her eyes—okay, went ahead and got last episode started—

They are dancing around a gay vibe here.  We know rob is, at the very least bi, Does adele catch rob and david together? She is so territorial over david, it wouldn’t make a difference to her if it was a man or woman interfering. 

NotaroGNTLGNTMarshaFlakeNoir
  • edited February 2021
    Behind her eyes

Good story ruined. 

OH. MY. GOD.  

TOTALLY REDEEMED.

I can't recommend this enough.  I still stand by a part of my disappointment in above spoiler, but  that might have been what was so clever about it.  It took me somewhere I was really ticked about. I didn't think it really worked.  All my defenses were down.  I wasn't expecting anything but more disappointment. 

And it tossed me on my head.

I do wish maybe.  Maybe.  uhmmmm maybe...it would've introduced the dreamy stuff a little earlier with more concrete info.  Or, maybe that wouldn't have worked.  They kept hinting around at it when Adele napped, or later, Louise slept -- without explaining anything. It was just this very random quirk thing that you sort of said to yourself, "what's going on with that?" 

And then episode 5 happened where it was all laid out and I was so let down with the Disney fairy light stuff.   And maybe that was exactly where they wanted me so they could  make an out of left field comeback from where I thought this was to where it ended up.

I was sort of close with my Gay vibe feeling -- but not remotely close to the truth.  My mind didn't even go there.  Brava.

well done.  Pretty brilliant little idea.  I so loved being wrong about this.
    GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenMarshaFlakeNoir
  • I'm not reading anything about it... so my lack of responses (emojis) is because of that. 😁
    I'll try to watch at some point.

@Hedda Gabler
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroMarsha
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'm not reading anything about it... so my lack of responses (emojis) is because of that. 😁
    I'll try to watch at some point.

@Hedda Gabler
    I totally recommend it.  After episode 5, I would've said, "it's okay."  But, it finishes so strong.  It's very good.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirMarsha
  • edited February 2021
    I asked Sarah (the book's author) if anyone had ever guessed the twist, and she said only one person had. 

GNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited February 2021
    I asked Sarah (the book's author) if anyone had ever guessed the twist, and she said only one person had. 

Is the book the same title?  I would very much like to read the book. I’m thinking she dealt with the astral stuff better. I think it lost just a little something by bringing it to the screen instead of letting us envision what this was ourselves. That’s just me maybe. 
    I was seriously disappointed when they gave their visual interpretation.   Surely her writing did it better justice. 
    Rob was such a subtle character.  A screen filler for adele’s story. She absolutely lulled me into his character and presence just being a friend of the lead .  Nicely played. 

NotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Watched Capatini, a Luxembourg set police drama, a city cop investigates the death of a young girl in a small town. It was decent, good performances. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt10483610/
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Yes, the book has the same title -- author: Sarah Pinborough (I think she has a cameo in the final episode. We're only up to episode 4.)
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Yes, the book has the same title -- author: Sarah Pinborough (I think she has a cameo in the final episode. We're only up to episode 4.)
    I've read several books by her. She is good!!
    BevVincentHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • We started Behind Her Eyes last night. We're 2 episodes in and have so many questions! 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Behind her eyes

Good story ruined. 

OH. MY. GOD.  

TOTALLY REDEEMED.

I can't recommend this enough.  I still stand by a part of my disappointment in above spoiler, but  that might have been what was so clever about it.  It took me somewhere I was really ticked about. I didn't think it really worked.  All my defenses were down.  I wasn't expecting anything but more disappointment. 

And it tossed me on my head.

I do wish maybe.  Maybe.  uhmmmm maybe...it would've introduced the dreamy stuff a little earlier with more concrete info.  Or, maybe that wouldn't have worked.  They kept hinting around at it when Adele napped, or later, Louise slept -- without explaining anything. It was just this very random quirk thing that you sort of said to yourself, "what's going on with that?" 

And then episode 5 happened where it was all laid out and I was so let down with the Disney fairy light stuff.   And maybe that was exactly where they wanted me so they could  make an out of left field comeback from where I thought this was to where it ended up.

I was sort of close with my Gay vibe feeling -- but not remotely close to the truth.  My mind didn't even go there.  Brava.

well done.  Pretty brilliant little idea.  I so loved being wrong about this.

I had heard of lucid dreaming before and astral travel because of that. (One of my kids had gotten interested in this years ago.. at the time I had sort of thought 'suuuure, whatever'. )

Because I had the background, I guessed that Adele was going to try and set Louise up with the confession/and would body swap. But they smacked me with the Rob thing, I didn't guess this until they had led me almost all the way there.

Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Two Sentence Horror Stories — new season, Netflix
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTKurben

• Getting ready for Golden Globes.  Not expecting much but, i’m sort of forcing myself to stick with a tradition from days of yore. And award season, i always think of charlotte — shout out to you girl. 

I’ll also catch later showings of American Gods, Allen vs Farrow and Men in kilts tonight. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited March 2021
    Which host of golden globes is gonna be a cat face, Amy or Tina ?   Maybe both. 

And, you would think entertainment people would be very aware of sound .  Sitting in your 2000 square foot room (not house, room) zooming yo’ bad self  to us, sounds awful. Hollow. Echoing and dead.   They go to all that trouble to look nice, and then it sounds like they are sitting in a tin can or muffled in a pillow. 

Where’s the award winning sound people????  I would hire them hand in hand with my glam squad.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • I need to see jillian anderson’s full dress. It had a skull on it!!!   💀 😂😂🥰🤣🤣🤣🤣
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Which host of golden globes is gonna be a cat face, Amy or Tina ?   Maybe both. 

And, you would think entertainment people would be very aware of sound .  Sitting in your 2000 square foot room (not house, room) zooming yo’ bad self  to us, sounds awful. Hollow. Echoing and dead.   They go to all that trouble to look nice, and then it sounds like they are sitting in a tin can or muffled in a pillow. 

Where’s the award winning sound people????  I would hire them hand in hand with my glam squad.
    ....I agree, I hear that a lot with live bands as well.....they make mixing boards with ALL those pretty lights, buttons and slider pots for a reason!....issue with the awards show was probably using "house sound" to much, without sweetening it with the other mic feeds....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroMarsha
  • I need to see jillian anderson’s full dress. It had a skull on it!!!   💀 😂😂🥰🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Gillian Anderson Wins 2021 Golden Globe For Perfect The Crown Role
    See the Making of Gillian Andersons Dior Dress From the Golden Globes 2021   InStyle...from Dior.....
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNotaroMarsha