Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• I loved her in River.
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited February 2021
    I am watching a series set in a beautiful Luxembourg village. 

They showed a school yard and on the pavement is painted a huge octopus. Eight legs with random numbers going down the tentacles.  It’s obviously a children’s game of some sort.  Is anyone familiar with this game and can you explain the rules of play to me?
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTMarsha
  • I am watching a series set in a beautiful Luxembourg village. 

They showed a school yard and on the pavement is painted a huge octopus. Eight legs with random numbers going down the tentacles.  It’s obviously a children’s game of some sort.  Is anyone familiar with this game and can you explain the rules of play to me?
    ....look up "Octopus Tag" Deej and see if that's what you're looking for.....
    FlakeNoirMarshaHedda Gabler
  • edited February 2021
    I know I'm months behind most people with my viewing, but I gloss over what people write in these threads so that things are not spoiled.
    I'm neck-deep into Bordertown and I love it. The characters are so rich, I adore Kari and all of his little quirks. I've just finished S1 and I'm stressing about Pauliina! 
    I'm going to start S2 now... ugh, I hate feeling like this. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarshaHedda Gablercat
  • Watched both seasons of Secret City, an Australian political thriller. Really enjoyed it, great cast, good performance, perfect binge watching material.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_City_(TV_series)
    FlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Bordertown S2... first few episodes: 
    I don't like where this is going. 🥺

F'king hell Pauliina... tell Kari. Tell him! 😔😔😔😔

MarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Also... am I the only one that picks up characters mannerisms when you're engrossed in a series?
    I'm constantly walking around like I'm solving big mysteries... hands up on my head in peculiar positions, pausing... retracing my steps. Meaningful finger and thumb movements.
    Nup, still often don't know where my car keys are. 
    NotaroMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Notaro said:
    Watched both seasons of Secret City, an Australian political thriller. Really enjoyed it, great cast, good performance, perfect binge watching material.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_City_(TV_series)

Watched it a couple months ago and really enjoyed it. I'd seen Anna Torv in Fringe but didn't realize she's Australian until seeing this.
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Marsha she's also in Mindhunter, if you haven't seen it it's well worth a look.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindhunter_(TV_series)

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyMarsha
  • Been watching The Valhalla Murders, an Icelandic thriller, a series of Murders occurs which are linked to a former juvenile correctional facility. I'm 5 episodes in, really enjoying it, definitely worth a look. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Valhalla_Murders
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • GNTLGNT said:

Nope. This is a pavement chalk  sort of game but thank you for taking the time to investigate.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Also... am I the only one that picks up characters mannerisms when you're engrossed in a series?
    I'm constantly walking around like I'm solving big mysteries... hands up on my head in peculiar positions, pausing... retracing my steps. Meaningful finger and thumb movements.
    ....as long as you don't start wearing a ratty overcoat and puffin' a big cheroot.....

Image result for columbo
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda Gablercat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Also... am I the only one that picks up characters mannerisms when you're engrossed in a series?
    Kari takes his little mental pictures -- he just brought out the mom in me.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kari takes his little mental pictures -- he just brought out the mom in me.
    He's fantastic, I really like him.
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Men in Kilts 
    NeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • I liked Valhalla Murders -- it's not as polished as some of the other Scandinavian crime series, but it's decent.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:

Nope. This is a pavement chalk  sort of game but thank you for taking the time to investigate.

Couldn't find anything other than the above mentioned "Octopus Tag"

Here's a cute image anyway!

Image result for Octopus tag with pavement chalk

FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Marsha she's also in Mindhunter, if you haven't seen it it's well worth a look.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindhunter_(TV_series)

Haven't heard of that one. Thanks for the recommendation!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • That's a fantastic show.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • ....BSU=cool science.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroMarsha
  • Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:

THank you neesy, but I did like your octopus!
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:

THank you neesy, but I did like your octopus!

....is that like code for something?.... :D

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenMarsha
  • Three episodes in —Behind Her Eyes

this is a slow burn — so many guesses to what is going on.  Unsettling for sure. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcatSundrop
  • My wife and I watched the first two episodes last night. I know the book -- she doesn't. She's really asking all the right questions. The book had a promo campaign that went something like WTFThatEnding. Trust me -- unless they show their hand more than Sarah did in her novel, you won't guess!
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatSundrop