Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Murder is Easy was pretty good -- two episodes featuring two actors from Shetland and one from Downton Abbey. 
    Doug!
    And Mark Bonner (Duncan)
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited March 21
    Not a tv show but a new horror video game Alone in the Dark.  There are other games in this world, but this is a new one. 

The characters look and are voiced by Jodie Comer and the sheriff guy from Stranger Things. 

Lots of gamers/streamers will play it, but I am watching john Wolfe. Smart guy and I’ve watched him play numerous games for years. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Constellation on Apple TV+ -- Noomi Rapace and Jonathan Banks (from Breaking Bad). Something goes wrong on the ISS. Something very strange.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • You have GOT to be kidding me. 
    Death in paradise— wth. I was just starting to … uh… like … things. 

Wow 
    They're sure shaking things up this season -- characters leaving, maybe leaving, coming back...
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited March 24
    Okay you Ozark people, I need to know if the tension of this show is 11 every single minute of every single episode? 

I am living my own life at stress 11venty and I really don’t have room for more. 

If you understand, you do, and if you don’t get it, I guess you just don’t. 

I am halfway through this first episode and my anxiety is thrummin’. 

It’s good and I want to keep going but i really need to know if they let up on the tension, quit squeezing my girl balls. Do they give me time to come to the surface and see the sun?

?????

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • No, the tension never lets up. Ever.
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Ok. Thanks. 

I am going to watch this but it’s going to take me forever. Maybe an episode a week. I haven’t finished the first episode and I started it last Thursday.
  • Okay. I’m watching Vera on Britbox and I’ve had an epiphany. 

I. Am. Vera. 

😳
  • Ronja Rövardotter on Netflix. Rövare is the same word as robber in english. Started well. It is always a challenge to adapt Astrid Lindgren i think. This novel was not a children story, more of a YA and it was very good. But they have managed to find a good Ronja. They made an excellent movie from it in the 8o,s and now, almost 40 years later they make a tv series and i hope it is worthy of its forerunners. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Ok. Thanks. 

I am going to watch this but it’s going to take me forever. Maybe an episode a week. I haven’t finished the first episode and I started it last Thursday.
    Got first episode done.

wow wow wow the attorney😳
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited March 31
    I rewatched Broadchurch. I love David Tennant. He is just a brilliant actor.  He plays the best good guy, and someone so vile with equal skill. He has great comedic timing.

Please no one tell me he is a total asswipe of a human being. I don’t think my little heart could take it. Just let me see him perfect. 
  •  Starting season 1 of "You" on Netflix. I like it so far, it's narrated and strange in a good way.
    The guy works in a bookstore, and I have caught two clever references to SK already!

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • I rewatched Broadchurch. I love David Tennant. He is just a brilliant actor.  He plays the best good guy, and someone so vile with equal skill. He has great comedic timing.

Please no one tell me he is a total asswipe of a human being. I don’t think my little heart could take it. Just let me see him perfect. 
    Everything I've seen about him tells me he is a fine and upstanding gentleman.

Have you ever seen this? 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroKurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited April 1
    No, I hadn’t seen that. I got choked up. Such lovely words. Everyone wants to feel seen and be told their time here meant something. Admit it or not, humans crave that. How lucky he is to hear the sincerity.
    They cut him off though. I wanted to hear what he had to say. 
    GNTLGNTBevVincentNotaroKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Watched first season of Homicide: New York.

Fascinating show with the real detectives who solved the murders discussed here....

Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Watched first season of Homicide: New York.

Fascinating show with the real detectives who solved the murders discussed here....

I’ve watched 2 of these. People are so ugly.
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Bev, are you watching Apples Never Fall and how is it shaping up? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir

Wow 
    They're sure shaking things up this season -- characters leaving, maybe leaving, coming back...
    I think the direction they appear to be taking it is a good one. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • New season, new episode of Beyond Paradise — britbox

yoohoooooo!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited April 5
    New season, new episode of Beyond Paradise — britbox

yoohoooooo!
    Loved the exchange between mom and daughter at the door. Adorable.

and, i knew exactly who did it the minute it happened.  The why was a mystery. 
    But I still loved watching them get to it. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir

Wow 
    The last episode was a little shaky -- didn't care much for the beach scene where Neville was so hesitant -- but a decent sendoff. I wonder who'll get sent to the island next. Hopefully they'll find a way to avoid the "I hate it here" syndrome that's been the habit with each new DI.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir

Wow 
    The last episode was a little shaky -- didn't care much for the beach scene where Neville was so hesitant -- but a decent sendoff. I wonder who'll get sent to the island next. Hopefully they'll find a way to avoid the "I hate it here" syndrome that's been the habit with each new DI.
    I haven’t watched today’s episode but it seemed to me they were passing the keys to the kingdom to Florence. 

The stereotype I have in my head of  English/British people is: “I hate everything that isn’t English/British.”  So, for one of them to come from there and NOT say that would be out of character. 😄
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir

Wow 
    I haven’t watched today’s episode but it seemed to me they were passing the keys to the kingdom to Florence. 

The stereotype I have in my head of  English/British people is: “I hate everything that isn’t English/British.”  So, for one of them to come from there and NOT say that would be out of character. 😄
    Ah, I see.  So, was that it for the season? I have a fantastic recommendation—

VERA. Bring in Vera. 
    GNTLGNTBevVincentFlakeNoir
  • I am watching Curb your Enthusiasm. I am starting the last episode. I think I know where this is going — or should go. 

Aren’t all the Seinfeld people in jail? I think Larry is going to be convicted and be put in jail where his cell mate will be Jerry. 

Let’s see where they take it. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir