Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited March 6
    Beyond Paradise is premiering new season end of March, the  22nd and hopefully to Britbox soon after. I love humphrey. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Oscars! 

Preshow first. 
    GNTLGNTSundropFlakeNoir
  • ...I'll live vicariously through your summaries....you are more entertaining than the stuffed suits and well-endowed dresses.....
    Hedda GablerKurbenNeesySundropFlakeNoir
  • edited March 11
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...I'll live vicariously through your summaries....you are more entertaining than the stuffed suits and well-endowed dresses.....
    ❤️

well, this was a very nice presentation. Great Gosling number I’m Just Ken. 

Can we officially — along with “coming of age” — retire:

1. any mention of someone having someone’s back. 

2. I am in awe of you. 

For christ sakes, think of something new. 

Also, it breaks my damn heart, but from now on, anyone over the age of 75 who is going to speak and present any award, they need a minder. Please. It makes me so bummed to see all these geriatric creative people mess up. 

Yes. Totally a human thing that happens to all of us but these award shows with the cameras and the adulation and standing ovations — it’s too much! It short circuits these people’s brains and we watch them slowly melt into Norma (n) Desmonds. 

Al Pacino — apparently 10 movies up for Best picture and not one got announced. Al walked on stage, said a few words and then ripped open the envelope and announced the winner. 

All those people who worked so proudly on those films didn’t have that final recognition. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited March 11
    And a couple more observations. Just for the record (so you don’t think I’m going all mean girl) I’m old and fat so I can say what I want because they are my demographic. 

Sally Fields needs to up that Boniva dose me thinks and fat girls need to stop dressing like a Jeffrey Koons Balloon Dog art exhibit. Sorry, I’m not celebrating any Stay Puft Marshmallow Man puffer fish with a “you go girl.”
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Well, apparently “producers” told Al just to read the winner. Do I believe this? No. And I stand by my rant. 

Word is they were worried the show would go overtime so they skipped recapping the list of winners. 
    Sure. They didn’t need to show clips while announcing the nominees, because they all had been highlighted throughout the show, but it still would have been classy to at least name them. 

I really think The Oscars took the fall because they were made an offer they couldn’t refuse. Or something like that. 

GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • ....from the coverage I've read, the uncoverage of Jon Cena would have been my favorite moment.....though nobody could riposte better than David Niven did way back in the 70's......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • New Sherlock coming to Britbox March 29th. 

And Murder is Easy (Agatha Christie) — britbox— i was waiting for more episodes. Nope. Two. So I’ll be starting this soon. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • New Sherlock coming to Britbox March 29th. 

And Murder is Easy (Agatha Christie) — britbox— i was waiting for more episodes. Nope. Two. So I’ll be starting this soon. 
    Have they put Poirot or Marple in it? In the book neither appears. Rather chilling in places.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    New Sherlock coming to Britbox March 29th. 

Have they put Poirot or Marple in it? In the book neither appears. Rather chilling in places.
    Don’t know yet. Haven’t started it quite yet. 
    FlakeNoir
  • Capote vs The Swans was interesting. 

Is the book Answered Prayers out there somewhere?
    FlakeNoir
  • Capote vs The Swans was interesting. 

...the book is available everywhere, but I'm guessing you mean a screen adaptation?....
    FlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Capote vs The Swans was interesting. 

...the book is available everywhere, but I'm guessing you mean a screen adaptation?....
    Capote’s book isn’t out there. Anything titled that is something else — he did release some short excerpts but the complete book has never been found. Some say it never existed and others say they saw the finished manuscript but no one has ever found it. Where is the damn thing?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....that's on me then, sorry....just a quick scan is all I did....I see where it's to have been 7 chapters but supposedly only 4 chapters were drafted?.....
    FlakeNoir
  • edited March 15
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....that's on me then, sorry....just a quick scan is all I did....I see where it's to have been 7 chapters but supposedly only 4 chapters were drafted?.....
    No sorry required— i think publishers? Authors? Agent? have tried to put together an Answered Prayers. 

Supposedly the real one is in a safety deposit box? But where? And why hasn’t it been found? Don’t deposit boxes have to be financially maintained? Wouldn’t someone be notified? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I’ve been watching Vera on Britbox. It’s had to grow on me. It’s entertaining enough. 

This is what cracks me up with this series. 

Vera drives around in this older land rover. 

She has a partner with her most times. 

Ultimately, a suspect runs. Vera tells young, strong partner — get him!

She then figures out the running path of suspect, turning this way and that, twisty serpentine maneuvers and guess what? She is the one who strategically cuts him off so the officer on foot can catch him. And she always has this arrogant look on her face through the windshield. 

Every single time. I want to see her pudgy squatty legs run.  
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....sounds like Marlon Perkins from "Wild Kingdom" and poor flunky Jim....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • 🤣😂. Exactly!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited March 16
    Today, i officially finished watching all Dark Shadows on Freevee.  That’s over 1200ish episodes. It took me a long time.  Please note: the first 209??? episodes of dark shadows is not included in their seasons. Those episodes are before Barnabus. When the show was going to be cancelled because of ratings. And why it needed a hero. Thank you horror! 

the show was good and then bad and then terrible and then funny and then a challenge and then a stubborn determination to keep going. 

Despite many many many moments of atrocious acting, shoddy camera work, wtf storylines, substituted actors (the role of Burke will now be played by …  information typed on screen)  hilarious bloopers (that were left in the final show because it was too expensive to do another take), I loved every doofy minute. 

So many mistakes! One of my favorite being the fire that started on set — the actors keep on going — as we hear fire extinguishers in the background save the day. What troopers!  
    And the rubber bat on a string.  How they acted terrified shows their chops. I would have been laughing so damn hard.
     But my favorite moment in the whole show — a coffin is opened to see if the body is there — the face in the coffin, how i wish i could show you all. I filmed the moment on my phone to send to my sister. I was choking laughing throughout the scene! 

They stole their storylines from the best — Dracula. The Werewolf. Frankenstein. The Invisible Man. The Lottery. There were parallel universes and people wrapped like mummies, and gypsies and curses, monkey paws, rapidly aging alien babies, an evil severed head determined to possess everybody. 

I could never explain this to anyone. Actors played numerous characters.  We were jumping through time. 

I took the ride with fond memories of my childhood. 

“And yet, unless my senses deceive me, the old centuries had, and have, powers of their own which mere 'modernity' cannot kill.”

KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • That quote at  the end is from Dracula
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • .....you should get some kind of trophy!!.....

Zoe Bucknell on LinkedIn 18 mln weergaven  402 d reacties  Canine Fun  Mastery  If a show
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I should!!!

and Vera update:  season 5, episode 2 — she ran!!! On her own two legs! Her partner had to catch the guy, but she was leggin’ it. 

It’s a proud proud day for old fat broads like me 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • I got to watch The first episode of Apples Never Fall on peacock and that’s all I get. Anyone watches the rest, let me know how it was. 

It seems pretty obvious what’s going on here, but I have a feeling it’s not. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Murder is Easy was pretty good -- two episodes featuring two actors from Shetland and one from Downton Abbey. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Murder is Easy was pretty good -- two episodes featuring two actors from Shetland and one from Downton Abbey. 
    Doug!
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir