Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Bred Any Good Rooks Lately?

Comments

• After reading later, it makes me want to read the Stephen king’s i haven’t read. 

The dark half
    Finders keepers
    end of watch
    the outsider
    sleeping beauties
    hearts in suspension (a book i begged marsha to get him to write for over 20 years and then i get it and it’s mostly other people.)
    The institute
    I loved The Dark Half, but I think finishing off the Mercedes trilogy is a must. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircatNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    After reading later, it makes me want to read the Stephen king’s i haven’t read. 

The dark half
    Finders keepers
    end of watch
    the outsider
    sleeping beauties
    hearts in suspension (a book i begged marsha to get him to write for over 20 years and then i get it and it’s mostly other people.)
    The institute
    I loved The Dark Half, but I think finishing off the Mercedes trilogy is a must. 
    ....agreed, Holly became an integral part of subsequent works, so it's a must to see her growth through Hodges novels......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoircatNeesy
  • It appears I need to finish that trilogy.  Finders Keepers, here I come.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • The Trilogy is good, girl. 
    I absolutely loved The Dark Half. (how could you not know yet that the sparrows are flying again?)
    Also loved The Institute, but it was an emotional read because of the children aspect.
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    The Trilogy is good, girl. 
    I absolutely loved The Dark Half. (how could you not know yet that the sparrows are flying again?)
    Also loved The Institute, but it was an emotional read because of the children aspect.
    I've seen the movie of The Dark Half.  And I've read quite a bit of it, but probably not even half of the Half.  I've started it probably 4 times and for whatever reason, I walk away from it.   And it's not because it's not good. I don't know what it is.

I need to finish up that trilogy.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I've seen the movie of The Dark Half.  And I've read quite a bit of it, but probably not even half of the Half.  I've started it probably 4 times and for whatever reason, I walk away from it.   And it's not because it's not good. I don't know what it is.

You've sorta read between The Dark Eighth and The Dark Quarter then?
    Nobody check my maths.. don't you bloody do it.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenNotarocat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 

I am the last person who will check your maths.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbencat
  • edited March 2021
    GNTLGNT said:
    Bird GIF by JustViralNet - Find  Share on GIPHY
    Oh, stuck between a laugh and a love here! I went with love. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotarocatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I've only just realised the one in the middle is taking a selfie! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Maybe should have gone with the laugh!
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 

I am the last person who will check your maths.

🤣🤣🤣 Seriously, who the hell thought that putting letters into numbers was ever going to be a good idea?!

"There's a fraction too much friction, ye-ah..."
    Bev will get this. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • edited March 2021
    You lost me at "There's a fraction......"   passed out

NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • edited March 2021
    OMFGdddddd! 

@Hedda Gabler and @Notaro !!!!!
    WTFreakingH?! 

There is no sh*thing way I'm paying any of your fees now. 😔

Whaaaaaaaaaat the hell?! We just talked about trauma and Janina and the dog...and here's another one! (I want to off the old man myself now! Faaaaarrrrrk!)
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Oh Sh*t, wrong thread. 😳 😁

NotaroHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....seriously?....I would have thought it would be a given....that long in employment should at least keep you receiving books.....I just don't understand....not like he's hurting for spare change....

I may yet get one once we're both back in Maine from our respective winter abodes. In the meantime, didn't want to wait to read it. :)
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Marsha said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....seriously?....I would have thought it would be a given....that long in employment should at least keep you receiving books.....I just don't understand....not like he's hurting for spare change....

I may yet get one once we're both back in Maine from our respective winter abodes. In the meantime, didn't want to wait to read it. :)
    ...that makes sense.....don't mess with my Marsha......I WILL show up in his kitchen.....
    KurbenFlakeNoircatHedda GablerMarsha
  • Finished Later on Friday. I really liked it. Definitely took some turns I wasn't expecting.

Started The Tommyknockers over the weekend.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerMarsha
  • Grant87 said:
    Finished Later on Friday. I really liked it. Definitely took some turns I wasn't expecting.

Let me know what you think of Tommyknockers once you're done, Grant. 
    NotaroGrant87GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerMarsha
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Grant87 said:
    Finished Later on Friday. I really liked it. Definitely took some turns I wasn't expecting.

I surely will. I'm only 100 pages in so far. I figure it will take me a week or a little more to finish it. This book has always intrigued me, because it really seems like SK fans either love it or hate it.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarocatHedda GablerMarsha
  • Grant87 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Grant87 said:

I surely will. I'm only 100 pages in so far. I figure it will take me a week or a little more to finish it. This book has always intrigued me, because it really seems like SK fans either love it or hate it.
    I won't say anything one way or the other until after you've finished, but yeah I've found the same with SK readers and this book. 
    GNTLGNTNotarocatGrant87Hedda GablerMarsha
  • edited March 2021
    FlakeNoir said:
    Grant87 said:

....yes'm, I'm interested as well-because that's such a "divisive" novel amongst the faithful....(is there an echo(echo)in here?).... :D
    NotaroFlakeNoircatGrant87Hedda GablerMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:

Sorry for putting a WTF - this one caught me by surprise :D
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircatKurbenHedda GablerMarsha
  • Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:

jack sparrow GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs
    NotaroFlakeNoirNeesycatHedda GablerMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:

jack sparrow GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

I just earned the 100 WTF's badge - hurray!

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircatKurbenHedda GablerMarsha